• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It started when the tank was new and 25lb snapping turtle fell in before it was capped. The GF wouldn't just let me shoot it in situ. I refused to climb down and rescue it. I ended up getting it into a bucket and hauling it out. Then the cat fell into the outhouse through the open seat.

This evening when I went to bring the goats in, one of them had managed to fall in (now full of slime) by dislodging the cap. He'd been in at least an hour since I had checked on them previously.

Luckily I have them chained out by body harnesses, so it was a simple matter to haul him up and hose him off. But now he's hypothermic. We towelled him off and stood him in the warm air off the generator for a while. Now he's in the dogloo and his partner refuses to go in with him to keep him warm, and the poor little man is shivering up a storm. I tried to walk him around some to generate some heat, but he's exhausted. So the GF is sitting out reading next to the dogloo and we have a heatlamp going. She's sitting out there to keep the other goat from chewing the cord or to keep the heatlamp from setting the hay on fire or similar disaster.

At least the goat can commiserate with the cat. These sorts of things don't happen in the city, do they?

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Glad i dont live in the city, had 80 head of goats not long ago, got tired of fighting the coyotes, lost 12 big full grown kiko cross nannys to yotes last year. everyone had a perfect canine bite mark in the throat, classic sign of a mature educated yote.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I doubt anyone could come up with a story like this and not have it be true. Did all of this happen on the same day? If so, it sounds like you had your hands full.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Oh god no, not on the same day! The turtle was three years ago, the cat was two years ago, and this is the year of the goat.:popcorn:

Oh well, I was hoping for an epic ending.:D

If nothing else, besides the fact that the all stories revolve around the septic system, it does serve to show a lot of contingency issues someone might have to deal with.

I can't blame you for wanting to shoot the turtle. Those critters have bad attitudes!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I can't blame you for wanting to shoot the turtle. Those critters have bad attitudes!

She wanted me to climb down into a confined space with a creature that can take chunks out of me, all so it wouldn't suffer :n00b: I told her that none of the other snappers I'd shot suffered... She's not normally so fuzzyheaded, but she has her moments.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    She wanted me to climb down into a confined space with a creature that can take chunks out of me, all so it wouldn't suffer :n00b: I told her that none of the other snappers I'd shot suffered... She's not normally so fuzzyheaded, but she has her moments.

What gun, caliber would have been used to shoot the snapper in the tank?

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    My 4th stepfather had a Springer Spaniel that would eat or drink anything. He had the lid to the Septic Tank off showing me how the waste was up to the rim. His dog stuck her head in the tank and started lapping up the waste. Not more than 5 minutes later he was letting the dog lick his lips. That's just another reminder on why I avoid Alcohol.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It started when the tank was new and 25lb snapping turtle fell in before it was capped. The GF wouldn't just let me shoot it in situ. I refused to climb down and rescue it. I ended up getting it into a bucket and hauling it out. Then the cat fell into the outhouse through the open seat.

This evening when I went to bring the goats in, one of them had managed to fall in (now full of slime) by dislodging the cap. He'd been in at least an hour since I had checked on them previously.

Luckily I have them chained out by body harnesses, so it was a simple matter to haul him up and hose him off. But now he's hypothermic. We towelled him off and stood him in the warm air off the generator for a while. Now he's in the dogloo and his partner refuses to go in with him to keep him warm, and the poor little man is shivering up a storm. I tried to walk him around some to generate some heat, but he's exhausted. So the GF is sitting out reading next to the dogloo and we have a heatlamp going. She's sitting out there to keep the other goat from chewing the cord or to keep the heatlamp from setting the hay on fire or similar disaster.

At least the goat can commiserate with the cat. These sorts of things don't happen in the city, do they?

He's either OK or in deep doo doo by now. It was frigging cold this morning.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Glad i dont live in the city, had 80 head of goats not long ago, got tired of fighting the coyotes, lost 12 big full grown kiko cross nannys to yotes last year. everyone had a perfect canine bite mark in the throat, classic sign of a mature educated yote.

Ya need a donkey or two out there.

Top Bottom