Not open for further replies.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Expressed possibility of interest, didn't get payment info (possibly from not tracking the thread), lost interest...no money sent.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I have had two transactions with Longrange. I picked them up at his apt. Also saw him at Granger Guns a couple of weeks ago. I have no problem with him. He was very upfront and honest about everything. I do not know him otherwise but I hate to see a "witch hunt" without all of the facts. Let's give the guy a chance. Perhaps there was just poor follow through on sending tickets out. I donated $$ also to the cause. No, I did not get a ticket either and perhaps I may have been duped also, but I don't believe that I have. I know this is not a court room, but I seem to remember something about being innocent until proven guilty. Before we try to burn this guy at the stake perhaps it may be best to with hold comments and judgment until the moderators can clean this up. I firmly believe (and hope) that some people may want to retract their statements. If I am wrong, I apologize to all for misreading someone. If I am correct, I hope that the ones on the "witch hunt" will apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Again, I only know him from two transactions. Please don't waste my time asking "why or what", I don't know know anything beyond what I stated. I do recall that him was donating one of his own personal rifles for this raffle to help a needy family. If this is the case, I hope that I was able to help this family out in some small way.

Joe

HCAman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Near Terre Haute, IN
    Purchased ticket through paypal, never received any tickets either.:dunno:

I have to agree that I did not like the lack of communication/responses during the raffle.:noway:

But I don't want this raffle to in any way keep INGO :ingo:from holding such raffles for families in need.

I have a history of not winning anything, but I don't mind helping out!!!:cool:

If there is any fraud here, I am sure it will be dealt with!

:twocents:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Bought 2 tickets by sending in cash. He did provide a name and address to send it to but I have deleted it. Anyone else have it?

Also check with paypal for fraud. I did not really expect paper tickets but at least some proof of a raffle would be good.
    Maybe the Moose lodge needs to be inundated with calls until we find out if the raffle happened.
    Other forums I've belonged to usually have a youtube of the drawing at some point.
    Hopefully the moose should help.

Mods: Any of the members that "know " have the same IP address?

Verdict is still out but the MGO issue is a red flag. Plus he got alot of our addresses etc.
    Watch for identity fraud and possible thieves.
    Or maybe we're just overreacting???

:popcorn:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I was very interested at first but never "got around" to buying a ticket. So, I haven't been following this thread. I was unaware of this issue untill I got the pm from esrice. I hope you guys figure this one out. Good luck.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just got this from longrange:

the winner ended up being a chuck howard i believe. acouple of guys off michigan
    gunowners ended up winning cash prizes. i believe they sold 200 tickets total.
    and i got with most people and told them the reason they didnt recieve their
    tickets was the cost to mail them. its my fault at the beginning cause i
    assumed they were going to mail them. but didnt think it was a big deal because
    i gave all the info name numbers and such to put on the tickets that were being
    drawn. and for every ticket that i sold online ended up costing me money
    becuase of the paypal charges but didnt bug me i just wanted to try to extend it
    out to people online.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    That would sound very plausible had he posted that before when everyone besides myself was asking for tickets.
    Has anyone of the "most" people he contacted actually heard this before I provided him with this response from my earlier posts?

Look, I may have pissed him off but the fact remains he had over a month to respond to many of us.

Did anybody hear about this before now?

I will be first in line to apologize if he actually did purchase a ticket in my name.

I however, still think he handled it poorly by not telling us why we weren't rcving a ticket before this fiasco. Or more accurately why I wasn't, since I actually sent him extra $ just for that purpose.

One thirty second post before now would have avoided all of this.

Had I been the only one misinformed I could be much more understanding.

I am the type of person that had he come to us and explained I would have tried to get him more $ to cover his expenses.

We have had so many $ troubles followed by an unbelievable number of financial and family blessings that the money isn't the issue.

Trust is about the only tax free currency we have in this world to trade with each other.

I'm just sayin...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here is my message to longrange. The answers to these questions, along with actually verifying the data, should show if an actual raffle took place.

I appreciate everyone keeping cool heads and letting the facts determine the outcome.

esrice said:
    longrange,

Thank you for opening up a dialog between yourself and VUPDblue. Our only interest is in validating that an actual raffle did indeed take place.

To this end, could you please provide us with verifiable data concerning the raffle itself?

Specifically:

What person or business was in charge of administering this raffle? Did the drawing take place in Indiana or Michigan? Did it require any special permits? If so, did you have these permits?

What relationship do you have with this person/businiess?

Where did the proceeds from this raffle go? Do you have contact information where these people can be reached?

What day did the drawing take place? Where was the drawing held? Is there a phone number for this place? Is there someone there that can verify that a drawing took place?

Who won the AK-47? Who won cash prizes? Do you have contact information for these people?

How was the raffle conducted? How were the winners chosen? How many people were witness to the drawing? Were any INGOers present? If so, what are their screen names?

How was the AK-47 transferred to the winner? Did it involve an FFL?

It is my feeling that if an actual raffle took place, the answers to these questions will be straight forward and simple. Please respond as soon as possible so we can put this behind us.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Evan

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    My 2 cents

In my opinion an actual raffle probably did take place. But without any ticket stubs or anything, were your names even in it?:dunno:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Moose Lodge Update

Just talked to Ron at the Moose and he said that there was never a raffle and he knows absolutley nothing about it. I gave him the short story of what is going on and his reply was "it sounds like you guys got scammed." I told him thanks and that someone may call him back to get more info if needed. He has my # if he finds anything out.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Just talked to Ron at the Moose and he said that there was never a raffle and he knows absolutley nothing about it. I gave him the short story of what is going on and his reply was "it sounds like you guys got scammed." I told him thanks and that someone may call him back to get more info if needed. He has my # if he finds anything out.

Thank you 40cal both for the phone call and for the abuse you took over at MGO. VUPD is on this and has some other angles of approach. We will report back as we know more.

Poster are asked to please continue to report if you sent money or have any other facts. Please keep the thread free of other opinion or color as this may turn into evidence if you catch my drift.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Facts:

*Never sent tickets.
    *Gave unlisted address to have payments sent to. Possibly a prior address that he has fowarded to him (just a hunch).
    *Real address is in Culver when you look him up in whitepages.
    *He provided an email address of pinkie@culcom.net. Culcom just happens to be short for Culvercom, meaning the address in Culver is probably correct for him.
    *Knox Moose Lodge knows nothing about this
    *Donated a rifle but could not shell out for postage to get us our tickets.
    *No one from MGO knows anything about this either.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    O.k., based on the lack of knowledge on the part of the Moose Lodge, I filed a claim with paypal on the transfer of funds for the one "ticket" that I purchased. Having dealt with similar issues with evil-bay/paypal before I'm not holding my breath but in their "Reason for filing claim" one of the options is Fraud. The paypal account that was advertised, pinkie@culcom.net, appears to belong to "Jillian Sherer". They had a check off box asking if I will be willing to provide more info if asked. Obviously when that time comes I will provide a link to this thread. I would suggest that anyone else who used paypal to transfer funds should also file a complaint with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom