Not open for further replies.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    So no one knows who went?

I asked Longrange why we never rcvd our tickets or if he was the "charity" since none of us seem to have been mailed our tickets and his response was not what I would consider "forthcoming" .

He stated he was "offended" that I would doubt his honesty and later implied that I must have a dishonest personality because of my doubts.
    I am not calling him a rat yet!
    But since he came to me asking for help on the board and promoted this charity. I feel he had an obligation to honor his committment to me by doing what he promised he would.

I am now have concerns that a ticket never was purchased in my name. As a member of an online family I feel that we need to work together to resolve our disputes fairly and not sling wild accusations or negative comments unjustly.
    I have asked Longrange in private 2 times to explain his lack of attention to these "tickets" and was told by him that he "wouldn't be losing any sleep over my concerns" so now I ask the rest of you that participated to help verify if this was a legit deal or perhaps we have been duped.

I think this will resolve itself and we can all learn from this. As it is now I will have to think long and hard before I trust another charity not sponsored by a recognized charity or member on INGO.

Regards,
    OldFb
    Chris

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    duped or ?

No one i know from MGO won.

Does anyone know someone who went to this or who ran the raffle?

I have given Longrange enough time to respond with something besides bs, bravado or feigned inconvenience. I want answers. Do any of the other members who bought in agree that we were either ignored or duped?

Trust is a valuable commodity and I feel that by not doing as promised by sending us our tickets trust was broken or at the minimum bent. I even sent him extra to cover ppal fees and postage. So why now is he treating this like I am the rat?

Anyone?

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    What do you guys expect you bought tickets from someone at the time had only been here for a few weeks. He had spent all his time in the classified section. I knew it was fishy then.
    Hope you guys gets some sort of refund anyway.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    You be the Judge..

well 2 online winners thats it and both from michigan gun owners. 300 and 500 dollars. Gun went to a chuck howard. had the honor of meeting acouple of you their. hope you had fun. and atleast hope 1 of you got one of the side raffles their.

I joined michigangunowners.com the other day to see if anyone knew anything about a raffle and of course they don't. I have tried contacting the Moose Lodge in Knox to inquire about the raffle and I have not received a phone call back. Prolly due to the holiday.

Here is a link to MGO.com
    AK Raffle - MGO Community Forum

PS: I would LOVE to be wrong about this, but the more I've looked into it the worse it sounds.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just to get everyone on the same page, longrange has been temporarily banned, pending futher investigation into these allegations by several INGO members.

Please bear with VUPDblue as he spearheads an effort to get the facts ironed out in this case.

I would also urge folks not to jump to conclusions before the facts are heard.

Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just to get everyone on the same page, longrange has been temporarily banned, pending futher investigation into these allegations by several INGO members.

Please bear with VUPDblue as he spearheads an effort to get the facts ironed out in this case.

Thanks.

This.

I just want the facts, and nothing but the facts.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I should also point out that it is not our (Admin, Mods) general policy to get into matters where "caveat emptor" is the way. However, with the wide-spread and direct involvement with several members, we are taking a closer look at this situation in an effort to help those who are already investigating themselves. We certainly want to discourage any fraud here on the site.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo

Thanks.

+1 and thanks to the mods.

I agree about not jumping to conclusions until we know for sure.

I also believe that MGO sure has some bright and friendly sumsabeaches on that forum.:rolleyes:

Yeah I may have jumped in trying to help with a charity and if I got played... It is what it is. For now all we know is some of us didn't get tickets as promised. Anyone knows more, pass it on to Vupdblue please.

Thanks for all your help guys!
    Happy 4th!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for looking into this everyone. I entered the raffle as well. Like most of us my interest was picqued by the chance to a) win an AK-47, and b) help someone out in the process.

While I'm a bit concerned that I may have been duped, I knew that was a possibilty when I gave my money. I also knew that there was a very high chance that I wouldn't win. Both of those led me to donate an amount that I wouldn't "miss."

While the money isn't an issue, the priciple of the matter is. I will be upset if we find out we were betrayed by one of our membership. At the same time, I know that my donation was to Chartiy, and perhaps this individual did in fact need the money worse than I did.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    While the money isn't an issue, the priciple of the matter is. . . . . At the same time, I know that my donation was to Chartiy, and perhaps this individual did in fact need the money worse than I did.

That is a very good attitude to have when going into any type of transaction such as this. But, as you also suggested, we want to get to the bottom of it too.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    hope you are able to get to the bottom of this. contacting the moose lodge would answer alot of questions I believe{wasnt that the location of the raffle?}

I did learn one thing from this thread...I wont be joining MGO any time soon if that is how they treat all there new members:rolleyes: .40cal..how dare you join an out of state forum!!!! you outsider!!!!:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom