• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I've got a bunch of different ones, but my surplus steel mags are my go-to mags. The Chinese ones are my favorite.

I'm not sold on the sealed floorplate of the US Palm mags, especially after seeing pics posted online of floorplates that came undone- and US Palm's immediate threats to the guy posting the pics. They also claimed to have a steel "cage" molded inside the top of the mag within the polymer feedlips, and it turned out to be more of a steel bracelet that didn't go into the feedlips. The guy posting about that was shushed also and his pics were taken down. Seemed like a bad coverup of a mediocre design. Their mags may work fine but for 3 times the cost of a 100% proven steel mag, I'll pass.

Check out the bottom of this page, Arsenal does drop tests with some of the more popular polymer mags:
    K-Var Corp. ™

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I have a bunch of steel 20 round mags that came from somewhere in East Europe. I can't remember which country and probably couldn't spell it anyway.
    It think I got them from Aim Surplus, and mag pouches were included.
    They are pretty handy shooting prone or off of a bench.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    A Guide to 5.45mm Kalashnikov Magazine Types
    2ajz2c2.jpg

Heres some info from a guy im sure is an INGO guy. Hope he doesnt mind?:ingo:

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    you can't go wrong with some circle 10 waffles, bakelite, or uspalm. I prefer the circ10's though.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The circle 10's are a good mag, but for me it's hard to justify the cost when the relativly cheap steel mags work so well and last for decades.
    I have just a few circle 10's only because I need them (with U.S. made floorplates) to be 922r compliant with a couple of guns.
    I wish I had a lot more of them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom