• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I found this GIF image posted on the Guns Across Google group. Any idea what sort of malfunction could cause this to happen?

14+-+1

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Is anyone else noticing the fireball at the muzzle immediately prior to kaboom? Maybe a bad projectile not creating good seal and causing squib -> kaboom...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A weak rifle round that sticks a bullet in the barrel followed by a healthy round will do that. Quality ammo is always worth the price.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but look closely at the barrel and the gas system. The proportions are wrong, the
    gas port is located too close to the muzzle.

edit, after doing a search it appears that there are plenty of variations out there that are just like this. I should get out more.

Last edited:

blindguy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2014
    Rockport
    Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but look closely at the barrel and the gas system. The proportions are wrong, the
    gas port is located too close to the muzzle.

edit, after doing a search it appears that there are plenty of variations out there that are just like this. I should get out more.
    Oh yeah there's a lot man..I'd consider myself an ak guy and I'm still a noob..underfolders..side folders..pistols...tons of variants...Google khyber pass built ak...those guys build aks with less stuff than in the smallest most ill equipped garage.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Also shouldn't be grasping the magazine...

He was lucky that he was holding the mag because it would have taken his hand off otherwise.
    If you see the way these guns are rebuilt in the middle east you could see how something like this can happen.
    My guess is it was a squib load fired full auto or a way overly hot load that destroyed this gun.

Top Bottom