Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok. Fine.
    I vote we don’t let it.
    Guess what, I was outvoted.

Maybe it’s not reasoning, thinking, yet.
    But it sure seems it’s the same as.
    Just the simple act of FB showing you ads of things you’ve thought about, not talked about, thought about, is close enough for me to call it all the same.
    I fear Democrats more than I fear AI. But, that's not to say I don't fear what Democrats will do with AI.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I think the Marxist do-gooders will do us in long before AI does.
    My point is that AI can be a very powerful tool in the hands of those Marxist do-gooders allowing them to accelerate the doing in. Look at how effectively they have leveraged big tech and social media to suppress the "wrong kind" of speech and ideas.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My point is that AI can be a very powerful tool in the hands of those Marxist do-gooders allowing them to accelerate the doing in. Look at how effectively they have leveraged big tech and social media to suppress the "wrong kind" of speech and ideas.

AI and Marxist Ideology Convergence​

The integration of AI into big tech and social media has raised concerns about its potential impact on free speech and ideological diversity. While AI can be a powerful tool for amplifying Marxist ideologies, as you’ve noted, it has also been leveraged to suppress dissenting voices and ideas.
    Marxist Ideologies and AI
    The search results highlight how Marxist perspectives view AI as a tool for accelerating capitalist economic development, potentially leading to labor precarity and the expansion of the capitalist model. This ideology can be amplified through AI-driven data analysis, machine learning algorithms, and automation, which may reinforce existing power structures.
    Censorship and Suppression
    However, AI has also been used to suppress “wrong kind” of speech and ideas, particularly on social media platforms. This has led to concerns about online censorship, where algorithms and automated moderation tools may disproportionately target certain viewpoints or individuals. The lack of transparency and accountability in AI-driven decision-making processes exacerbates these issues.
    Implications and Challenges
    The intersection of AI, big tech, and social media raises important questions about the balance between free speech and ideological diversity. As AI becomes increasingly pervasive, it is crucial to ensure that its development and deployment prioritize transparency, accountability, and protections for marginalized voices.
    Recommendations
    To address these concerns, it is essential to:
    1. Promote transparency in AI decision-making processes and algorithms to prevent biases and ensure accountability.
    2. Foster diversity in AI development and deployment to avoid reinforcing existing power structures.
    3. Protect marginalized voices by implementing robust moderation policies and ensuring equal access to online platforms.
    4. Encourage critical evaluation of AI’s impact on free speech and ideological diversity, and engage in ongoing discussions about its ethical implications.
    By acknowledging the dual nature of AI and addressing these challenges, we can work towards a more inclusive and equitable online environment that respects the diversity of ideas and perspectives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

AI and Marxist Ideology Convergence​

The integration of AI into big tech and social media has raised concerns about its potential impact on free speech and ideological diversity. While AI can be a powerful tool for amplifying Marxist ideologies, as you’ve noted, it has also been leveraged to suppress dissenting voices and ideas.
    Marxist Ideologies and AI
    The search results highlight how Marxist perspectives view AI as a tool for accelerating capitalist economic development, potentially leading to labor precarity and the expansion of the capitalist model. This ideology can be amplified through AI-driven data analysis, machine learning algorithms, and automation, which may reinforce existing power structures.
    Censorship and Suppression
    However, AI has also been used to suppress “wrong kind” of speech and ideas, particularly on social media platforms. This has led to concerns about online censorship, where algorithms and automated moderation tools may disproportionately target certain viewpoints or individuals. The lack of transparency and accountability in AI-driven decision-making processes exacerbates these issues.
    Implications and Challenges
    The intersection of AI, big tech, and social media raises important questions about the balance between free speech and ideological diversity. As AI becomes increasingly pervasive, it is crucial to ensure that its development and deployment prioritize transparency, accountability, and protections for marginalized voices.
    Recommendations
    To address these concerns, it is essential to:
    1. Promote transparency in AI decision-making processes and algorithms to prevent biases and ensure accountability.
    2. Foster diversity in AI development and deployment to avoid reinforcing existing power structures.
    3. Protect marginalized voices by implementing robust moderation policies and ensuring equal access to online platforms.
    4. Encourage critical evaluation of AI’s impact on free speech and ideological diversity, and engage in ongoing discussions about its ethical implications.
    By acknowledging the dual nature of AI and addressing these challenges, we can work towards a more inclusive and equitable online environment that respects the diversity of ideas and perspectives.
    Was that from ChatGPT?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    See post 241.
    Ah yes. Well you see, post 241 is at the top of the page for me, right after post 240, which i responded to, at the bottom of the preceding page. You could have multiquoted to keep it on the same page , but you can't get to 62k posts doing things like that. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah yes. Well you see, post 241 is at the top of the page for me, right after post 240, which i responded to, at the bottom of the preceding page. You could have multiquoted to keep it on the same page , but you can't get to 62k posts doing things like that. ;)
    I am racing as fast as I can to catch up to DoggyDaddy. It's a losing battle. Depressing really. WAIT! I've GOT IT! I should just have AI post for me. I think I could train it on my post history to be convincing, and then just let it do all the posting for me. I'll be the top post ho on INGO in MINUTES!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom