• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Impeachment gets Kamala in as POTUS. DO we really want that? Unfortunately, our choice is "Dumb and Dumber". I really don't want to hand the Dems the "first female(?) President...
    And they loose the tie breaker vote. Also the new VEEP has to be approved by the Senate, I believe. The demons are between a rock and a hard place.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sometimes the truth is so simple and straight forward it seems stupid to those whom hubris has blinded

Make America Great Again, indeed. I'm onboard

Or run with whatever Obiden is selling
    By artificially limiting the choices to 2, it's easy to have two wrong choices and pick one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've worked collaboratively with VA employees (Not KellyInAvon!) in IT, and I don't think any of them are buggering corpses. I will say they're a PITA though. (Again, not you, Kelly!) :):
    I'm in a completely different part of the PITA organization chart. PITA, non-IT :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    By artificially limiting the choices to 2, it's easy to have two wrong choices and pick one.
    That's deep...

iu

Reactions: KG1

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For a long time I've wondered why we stayed there. I've heard the argument that we rebuilt Japan and Germany, but this was different. Japan and Germany were on the borders of the new US enemy, the USSR. You could see that as part of a framework for US policy of containing the USSR. Afghanistan I really never saw where our interest was after kicking out Bin Laden. Looking at the local players I came up with an idea years ago.

India is well connected to the powerful decision makers here in the US and having US troops next door to their enemy Pakistan would certainly have a chilling affect on offensive minded groups there. Paying discretly through law/lobby firms in dc might have been cheaper than maintaining a few extra divisions on the border. Times change and maybe they stopped paying, we'll never know, and policy shifted as cash stopped flowing to decision makers.

Always follow the money

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    For a long time I've wondered why we stayed there. I've heard the argument that we rebuilt Japan and Germany, but this was different. Japan and Germany were on the borders of the new US enemy, the USSR. You could see that as part of a framework for US policy of containing the USSR. Afghanistan I really never saw where our interest was after kicking out Bin Laden. Looking at the local players I came up with an idea years ago.

India is well connected to the powerful decision makers here in the US and having US troops next door to their enemy Pakistan would certainly have a chilling affect on offensive minded groups there. Paying discretly through law/lobby firms in dc might have been cheaper than maintaining a few extra divisions on the border. Times change and maybe they stopped paying, we'll never know, and policy shifted as cash stopped flowing to decision makers.

Always follow the money

Saudi and Israeli interests converging with defense contractors, and the US wanting to build a barrier against Russian energy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For a long time I've wondered why we stayed there. I've heard the argument that we rebuilt Japan and Germany, but this was different. Japan and Germany were on the borders of the new US enemy, the USSR.
    This, but as BBI has said, Afghanistan was never "civilized" the way Japan and Germany were. They both had the ability, and the willpower to rebuild. How do you rebuild your goat herd?

With apologies to the Bee Gees,

"How Cant You Mend A Broken Herd". ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This, but as BBI has said, Afghanistan was never "civilized" the way Japan and Germany were. They both had the ability, and the willpower to rebuild. How do you rebuild your goat herd?

Their culture doesn’t want to be “civilized”. Not that I’m saying that’s bad. They’re just like a well armed, spaz version of the Amish pretty much. There isn’t much natural resources in Afghanistan that I’m aware of, so there’s never been much effort to set up shop and industrialize/fund the areas... and their culture rejects outside sources doing so. We’ve “tried” but honestly, they thwarted off Russia and the USA. Only difference was Russia was smart enough to gtfo before dumping trillions into.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

As good a reason to leave as any is BBI's description of the history of the area. It's not like that was a big secret, it's been a tough neighborhood for a long time. That's why I ask, who's strategic interests did our staying serve amongst the local players, who has the money and the pull in dc to get that job done.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Their culture doesn’t want to be “civilized”. Not that I’m saying that’s bad. They’re just like a well armed, spaz version of the Amish pretty much. There isn’t much natural resources in Afghanistan that I’m aware of, so there’s never been much effort to set up shop and industrialize/fund the areas... and their culture rejects outside sources doing so. We’ve “tried” but honestly, they thwarted off Russia and the USA. Only difference was Russia was smart enough to gtfo before dumping trillions into.
    Yep. Spot on.

Personally, I welcome the refugees here.*

*So long as they assimilate into our culture, learn our language, and MOST IMPORTANTLY treat their wives and daughters as equals, not subservient property.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    BBI has done a better job of explaining it from the cultural aspect, but Afghanistan is also a major traffic route. NKBJ has mentioned this with his "Silk Road" references.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    BBI has done a better job of explaining it from the cultural aspect, but Afghanistan is also a major traffic route. NKBJ has mentioned this with his "Silk Road" references.
    Oof. I guess I clicked on the last message instead of where I left off. I gotta go back and re read. BBI uses them big smart words and gets in detail. I’m from Morgan county. We compare everything to the Amish.

Top Bottom