• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The military industrial complex has an agenda to keep us in constant combat. Get in, stay for long periods, accomplish nothing, then do partial withdrawal, and bam have to go back in to fix the situation that they started/allowed in the first place. Our involvement is contrary to our establishments founding. I am a veteran, and am glad I am no longer involved in this craptastic dilemma. ~"One Man's Opinion!"

There's a practical aspect to that for a nation that wants to maintain a group of combat hardened soldiers.

It's free experience for them in a war that doesn't threaten our national security.
    I don't agree with doing it, but I can see why it'd be desirable.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The current administration still thinks this is the time for talk

Edit: this aged like fine milk. Lotta good it does to talk to an administrator who lost power 12 hours later.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Scrolling through the feed on Twitter this is shaping up to BenGhazi all over again. C17s still leaving North Carolina headed across. They finally sent some of the 82nd that are sitting in Kuwait but it’s probably too little too late. The taliban now have gunships and are rumored to have some serious anti air platforms captured from the ANA and possibly some supplied by the Chinese.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The current administration still thinks this is the time for talk

I don't know why, but this whole situation keeps making me think of this old joke. But the Taliban is the millionaire, and the U.S. is the young woman. And the price is going up.

A millionaire approaches an attractive young woman in a bar and asks if she would be willing to spend the weekend with him at the country’s most expensive and luxurious hotel, waited on hand and foot and receiving a million pounds to sleep with him. The girl considers that it’s worth it for a million pounds, and agrees. The millionaire then suggests that they immediately sneak into the men’s toilet for quick sex for $5. She is shocked and insulted, and says “That’s disgusting! What kind of girl do you think I am?” He replies “We’ve already decided that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.”

Top Bottom