• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The left "fringe" is no longer the fringe. Younger people and certain minorities increasingly hold more liberal views. The Cancel Culture.

pish posh.

There are still a lot of us middle-of-the-road traditional democrats that may be "tolerant", but the radicalized left is creating quite a backlash within the party. If we are unable to jerk their reins and stop the ignorant silliness, then we won't vote for their candidate next time around. The interesting thing about ballots is that it is OK to leave a category blank.

Unfortunately, traditional democrats are dying off. One or two more 4-year cycles and most of us will be gone.
    It's a big problem. Young people do not have the same "American" values. They see the whole idea of individualism/personal responsibility as outdated, wrong and immoral. You and I might quibble about how far to take social safety nets. We probably both agree on a lot of Locke's ideas though. But today, Millennials and Zoomers think Marcuse's, Jacques Derrida's, Michael Foucault's ideas render Locke obselete. It's what's taught in schools. Eventually Americanism will die out unless those values are reinstated in what parents and schools teach their kids.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

guess they're not as agreeable as first stated.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We get most of the people out and the Taliban turn "disagreeable".....

CloseOrderlyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    What he's saying is right, that this was inevitable. But the way to judge what happened depends on exactly which parts were inevitable. I'm glad we're cutting our losses and getting out. We needed to do that. However, it was not inevitable that this had to be Saigon 2.0. That part is something that should be utterly shocking because it is inexcusable.

For Lucas Kunce, I wish him luck. I've seen many politicians talk about fixing the problems with corporate interests and whatnot. I've seen politicians in my own district talk that **** and then become part of what he claimed to run against. Maybe this guy is different but it may not matter. Can a level headed Democrat win elections. It appears to me that Democrats have lost interest in levelheadedness.
    Most everybody that gets there soon mistakes the swamp for a hot tub…

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    everyone keeps mentioning Bagram like it was a place safe from attack seem to forget it caught indirect fire pretty regularly and a lot of men and women got killed over the years from it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The left "fringe" is no longer the fringe. Younger people and certain minorities increasingly hold more liberal views. The Cancel Culture.

pish posh.

There are still a lot of us middle-of-the-road traditional democrats that may be "tolerant", but the radicalized left is creating quite a backlash within the party. If we are unable to jerk their reins and stop the ignorant silliness, then we won't vote for their candidate next time around. The interesting thing about ballots is that it is OK to leave a category blank.

Unfortunately, traditional democrats are dying off. One or two more 4-year cycles and most of us will be gone.
    Do you think that there is a chance, assuming you don’t die off, that the people you’re describing and people that think the same way but lean republican could ever get together enough strength to get a third party as a viable candidate? Hatin just said something to that affect right here, many of us have been leaning libertarian.
    Could this be possible?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s not that Bargram was perfect it’s much better than kabual. You can engage at 1000 meters + not like Kabul at 20 meters.

Trust me I was a frequent flyer to all of them.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

guess they're not as agreeable as first stated.

So Pres Biden says, "We'll be gone by Aug 31st."

Then the Taliban says, "Great! We'll hold you to that, or else."

How exactly is that not being agreeable? Is holding the USA to it's promises suddenly hostile? Although, seeing as how we are extremely unreliable in keeping them I could see how that could be interpreted that way.

They have us behind a SEVERE 8-ball! Our people and forces are compacted into an extremely tight area. We have zero (0) bases left in country. Our nearest "ally(?)" is Pakistan. If they put artillery or mortars onto the runway we have no way to evacuate except by helicopter. And as they're about 600 miles from the sea most choppers won't reach there and back again.

Pres Biden has screwed us on this - huge! This is far worse than Saigon. We look dumber than dumb. And we are. Seriously, we are earning our dunce cap on this'un.

Regards,

Doug

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Do you think that there is a chance, assuming you don’t die off, that the people you’re describing and people that think the same way but lean republican could ever get together enough strength to get a third party as a viable candidate? Hatin just said something to that affect right here, many of us have been leaning libertarian.
    Could this be possible?
    It used to be that we joined together by default when we perceived threats from either the left or right candidates.

I don't see an official or semi official centrist third party in the works parochial interests in the main parties to see it as a likely possibility. However, should one form, I'd sign up.

Frankly, it would take a candidate with some stones to not kowtow to the ultra-right/left interests. They would likely never make it through the selection process...unless they lied.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It used to be that we joined together by default when we perceived threats from either the left or right candidates.

I don't see an official or semi official centrist third party in the works parochial interests in the main parties to see it as a likely possibility. However, should one form, I'd sign up.

Frankly, it would take a candidate with some stones to not kowtow to the ultra-right/left interests. They would likely never make it through the selection process...unless they lied.
    We had one of those, up until a few months ago? :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

You don't think Jo Jorgensen and Spike Cohen fit the bill?

Top Bottom