• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Grande Peur
    Months ago, I began noting the parallels between the events of today and those that led to the French Revolution to friends and family. It's uncanny to see the numbers of others drawing similar conclusions. I wish those who think they're in power would read a history book. I don't think they'll like how things will turn out if they keep pushing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

At this point, I can only conclude the the plan always was\is to endorse\support the Taliban as the government of Afghanistan. WTF is going on?

The Taliban *is* the government of Afghanistan, or at least the closest thing it has. Why do you think Trump negotiated with them separately from the Afghan gov't we were propping up? Nobody is going to accuse me of being Trump's biggest fan, but he knew what time it was.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Months ago, I began noting the parallels between the events of today and those that led to the French Revolution to friends and family. It's uncanny to see the numbers of others drawing similar conclusions. I wish those who think they're in power would read a history book. I don't think they'll like how things will turn out if they keep pushing.
    Know who is at the center of the cover?
    jacobin mag.jpg

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The Taliban *is* the government of Afghanistan, or at least the closest thing it has. Why do you think Trump negotiated with them separately from the Afghan gov't we were propping up? Nobody is going to accuse me of being Trump's biggest fan, but he knew what time it was.
    I think you missed my point. It's one thing to concede the fact that when we get out we know the Taliban will be the government of Afghanistan; it's an entirely different and inconceivable notion that we would actively support them while pretending not to.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think you missed my point. It's one thing to concede the fact that when we get out we know the Taliban will be the government of Afghanistan; it's an entirely different and inconceivable notion that we would actively support them while pretending not to.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here, but leaving the possibility open we'll support them again at some point is the most American thing about this. It's how we fought the Cold War. It's why we don't care that a Saudi prince had a journalist murdered or how they treat women. It's why Manuel Noriega was our ally, then our enemy, then our ally, then our enemy. It's why we buddied up to the Kurds until it was choose Kurds or Turks and we chose Turks. You can be actively disgusted by it, but it's not exactly a new play for us as a nation. We will overlook any number of human rights abuses or ideological conflicts if it gains us a lever against someone we like less.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’ve said the same about around 1936 to WWII. Eerily similar.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I'm trying to be diplomatic here, but leaving the possibility open we'll support them again at some point is the most American thing about this. It's how we fought the Cold War. It's why we don't care that a Saudi prince had a journalist murdered or how they treat women. It's why Manuel Noriega was our ally, then our enemy, then our ally, then our enemy. It's why we buddied up to the Kurds until it was choose Kurds or Turks and we chose Turks. You can be actively disgusted by it, but it's not exactly a new play for us as a nation. We will overlook any number of human rights abuses or ideological conflicts if it gains us a lever against someone we like less.
    I don't disagree with your assessment that we've propped up terrible regimes before, I think that's a given. I disagree with your contention that this situation is the same as all the other examples you listed. None of those other example (possible exception being the Saudis if they were involved in 9\11) were responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans. I also wouldn't call this approach "American" although it may have been carried out by Americans. It's not consistent with our traditional values, and may be one reason why the world seems completely FUBAR right now.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I’ve said the same about around 1936 to WWII. Eerily similar.
    Well if I had to pick between Nazi Germany and the French Revolution, I'd pick the latter. At least some of those that deserved it got the guillotine. Problem was, so did many who didn't.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We may not have learned the lesson of Vietnam, but it's very clear to me Joe Biden learned the lesson of Jimmy Carter. In my mind's ear, I can almost hear him saying it over the phone to a staff member in Lyndon Johnson's tone of voice:

"Listen here boy, we're not going to have ourselves another g*ddamn Jimmy Carter Hostage Crisis here, dragging on forever making me look bad...if they can't get out by the deadline, then leave them there and let them f*cking die..."

My whole family sat up and stared speechless the other night, when the U.S. General stood up on national TV and told the American public, the number of Americans left was in the "Very low, and I do mean very low, hundreds." My son was dumb-struck by it, and he's not old enough to have a historical reference for how the US should handle the issue of American lives at-risk overseas. The unacceptability of getting yourself into a situation where you have say that, was self-evident.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The Facebook-controlled platform told The Washington Examiner that Shana Chappell’s account had been suspended in “error.”

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I respect people vote for who they think would be the best president , but is there anyone who voted for Bidiot who truly believes he is doing a good job !?
    I mean seriously !?

I no people hated Trump and wouldn’t of voted for him but now that’s it’s done and they got what they wanted is it truly what they wanted or was it just take the bad with the good just to see Trump out ?

With all said and done we know Bidiot is a screw up but this goes overboard with the way he handled Afghanistan !

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump kept the taliban at bay while negotiating a measured pullout plan contingent on the taliban's co-operation. Biden gets in and jerks the plug emptying Bagram overnight then all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom