• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I did. Some of them didn't settle down until they were old enough to be grandparents.

Their childhood must have been really hellish then.
    My father was a son of a preacher, and while my father refuses to acknowledge it was a pretty bad upbringing, it's pretty obvious from the stories that kind of life doesn't leave much time to have a father-son relationship.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Their childhood must have been really hellish then.
    My father was a son of a preacher, and while my father refuses to acknowledge it was a pretty bad upbringing, it's pretty obvious from the stories that kind of life doesn't leave much time to have a father-son relationship.
    It's simply a matter of priorities. If a preacher makes his family a priority, they will be, if not, they won't. This is true for most any profession.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've shot with Lush at NWI shoots.
    And yes, he is a "lefty".
    And yes, he's going to catch a lot of crap for that.
    But he has never claimed to be anything else.
    He has posts other than political posts. I have seen him at least in the NWI thread.

I do disagree with him on MANY political things. Maybe even MOST.
    But if I argue with him, it will be the points.
    If I get mad because he call "names", then I will call him on that.
    But to just sit there and start, or continue, to fling poo, well that accomplishes nothing.

Maybe he holds some of his views, because he is new to guns and the gun politics.
    Maybe after a while, he will see the same anti-gun tactics used over and over, and the lies over and over.

But if you chase him away, well that's one less place for him to experience different ideas, and also harden his ideas into a "camp" or "team".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don't know about that. I knew a few preachers kids that turned out to be absolute hell raisers.
    Old school PKs suffered from congregations that thought they owned dad body and soil 24/7, consequently leaving no time to be a dad. Fortunately this trend has at least mitigated in more recent years.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I know facts are not really available yet. Sitting with my wife this morning asking each other why didn't someone pull out their own gun and defend themselves?
    I asked the same of PhotoNinja this morning.

Was it a GFZ store/city?
    As per handgunlaw.us, the only place in Colorado that a no guns sign has force of law is in Aurora.

KingSoopers is owned by Kroger. Back in 2019 after the Odessa, TX shooting they asked customers to not open-carry in their stores. https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/04/king-soopers-walmart-gun-open-carry/

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And also, directed to Lush..
    We have been feeling sorry for the families that go through this, for years.
    But most of us have experienced the aftermaths for decades.
    The initial reports being often wrong,
    the calls from our side to get the facts first
    the complete fabrications on anything about guns, by the politicians and the media
    The fact that if our side gets to say anything, they try to pick the most offensive pro-gunner person available, to make it look like ALL pro-gunners are idiots.
    We get told things like "no one ones to take your guns", then we read articles calling for a complete gun ban.
    We get told about "assault" or "assault STYLE" guns, by people that would call a plastic stock 10/22 an assault rifle, and a wooden stock M-1 NOT an assault rifle.
    We hear people talk about "no one needs"..

And on and on.
    Year after year.

So, while you are reading comments here, you might want to think, some of us have been going through this for over 30 years.
    And we're about done with giving in, or giving up.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    You can twist and spin it any way you like but the facts are you referred to members of this forum as heartless in so many words because they were discussing the coming gun control push. It's telling that you can't bring yourself to offer even modicum of criticism for Biden using the warm bodies of ten dead people to sell his gun control push. That's heartless.
    However, I just went through my posts in this thread and don’t see where I called everyone here heartless. Or even said ”heartless.” I said something to @Tombs to “have a soul, man”, but it was very much a response post to him.

Sorry, @Tombs . I owe you at least that much.

I know, this is a long thread concerning a topic that gets strong actions (on both sides). And I’ll admit, I let my emotions get the best of me in the beginnig. It may not have been my finest moment, but I am not infallible; next time I’ll take a step away from the keyboard for a while.

@buckwacker , you’ve posted me twice over this same thing, so can you share my flagrant post, please?

As for not criticizing our 46th President, I definitely did that here:
    So he just stated that he doesn't know the facts.
    Yet he wants to make policy.
    :xmad:
    I'm with you here. I've said as much earlier in this thread, but we need to let all the facts come to light first. And unless President Biden is privy to an investigation that will normally takes weeks, yet has the information in less than 24 hours, then he doesn't have all the facts.
    Sadly, I’ve not been to an NWI Shoot, but I really hope the weather allows for us to meet this Saturday!

Maybe he holds some of his views, because he is new to guns and the gun politics.
    I’m no stranger to gun politics, but I am new to guns. Owning a firearm and having liberal views on most things gave me a bit of an identity crisis for a second (like, can I still call myself a “liberal?” haha!). However, actually having a stake in this by owning firearms has given me a different lens to process this subject politically.

But if you chase him away, well that's one less place for him to experience different ideas, and also harden his ideas into a "camp" or "team".
    I came here as new firearm owner and a Hoosier, but, more importantly, I came here to be a part of a community that I can learn a lot from.

So, while you are reading comments here, you might want to think, some of us have been going through this for over 30 years.
    And we're about done with giving in, or giving up.
    I can’t relate, but I can absolutely empathize.

Know that in the 2 and a half months I’ve been on this forum I have learned a lot. If the gun community can get more liberal-leaning people like me, and embrace them, then that strengthens numbers, knowledge, and influence. I coulda swore I saw an article making the same point, but I am much too tired. I’ll try to find it or something similar tomorrow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And yes, he is a "lefty".
    And yes, he's going to catch a lot of crap for that.
    But he has never claimed to be anything else.
    He has posts other than political posts. I have seen him at least in the NWI thread.

I do disagree with him on MANY political things. Maybe even MOST.
    But if I argue with him, it will be the points.
    If I get mad because he call "names", then I will call him on that.
    But to just sit there and start, or continue, to fling poo, well that accomplishes nothing.

Maybe after a while, he will see the same anti-gun tactics used over and over, and the lies over and over.

Maybe you can appeal to him to attempt to read and learn before :poop::poop::poop:ing in the sandbox that he chose to join?

Your average person can grasp when they aren't winning hearts and minds. Your average newbie understands that they are a newbie.

This is not the first thread that our new friend has implied that the whole of us are somehow lesser for stating the facts rather than his preferred way that we should think.

:twocents:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    However, I just went through my posts in this thread and don’t see where I called everyone here heartless. Or even said ”heartless.” I said something to @Tombs to “have a soul, man”, but it was very much a response post to him.

I know, this is a long thread concerning a topic that gets strong actions (on both sides). And I’ll admit, I let my emotions get the best of me in the beginnig. It may not have been my finest moment, but I am not infallible; next time I’ll take a step away from the keyboard for a while.

@buckwacker , you’ve posted me twice over this same thing, so can you share my flagrant post, please?

Sadly, I’ve not been to an NWI Shoot, but I really hope the weather allows for us to meet this Saturday!

I’m no stranger to gun politics, but I am new to guns. Owning a firearm and having liberal views on most things gave me a bit of an identity crisis for a second (like, can I still call myself a “liberal?” haha!). However, actually having a stake in this by owning firearms has given me a different lens to process this subject politically.

I came here as new firearm owner and a Hoosier, but, more importantly, I came here to be a part of a community that I can learn a lot from.

Know that in the 2 and a half months I’ve been on this forum I have learned a lot. If the gun community can get more liberal-leaning people like me, and embrace them, then that strengthens numbers, knowledge, and influence. I coulda swore I saw an article making the same point, but I am much too tired. I’ll try to find it or something similar tomorrow.
    OK. Lets consider this. I grew up deeply ingrained in a Dem. lever pulling family that was entrenched in the lefts politics. UAW/city and state working liberals. I was one of them......until I opened my eyes. Once I saw this world through a clear set of lenses the opinions and views of those around me started to show holes in the armor they defended them with. I had to step away or be drowned in the ignorance. I did. I was set out by my entire family for the longest time because I was no longer one of them That rift exists to this day and I have not made any attempts to share oxygen with any of my dads side of the family and only a very few of my Moms.
    The price to be in their club is to high.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

First you called Tombs soulless for bemoaning the fact that dems never waste an opportunity to use a tragedy like this to attempt to take away rights. You tried to deflect and spin initially, but admit that now. Good on you.

As others took issue with your stance, you broke out the broad brush:
    I'm fully aware my political stance and viewpoints will always be in the minority here, but I just want the compassion and empathy for the loss of human life to be the majority for everyone.
    I read this as, and, judging by other's reactions, i think they did as well, painting Ingo at large as uncaring about the loss of life. Maybe that's not what you meant, but after your initial response to tombs, that's how it reads.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The basic principle of self reliance is the backbone on which gun ownership makes its house.

I don't find it incompatible with economically left views, but socially left views, it is very incompatible with. It's a totalitarian philosophy that believes it holds a monopoly on moral virtue. Not dissimilar from the hardcore religious right of 20 years ago.

Self reliance can not be allowed to exist, as that subverts the monopoly on moral virtue. Thus they hate the concept of gun ownership.

To make a long story short, they believe that only the collective should have the authority to use such a power, not a peasant.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Well, then I have you mixed up with another shooter.
    But you have posted and I've read your posts, or at least some of them.
    So, I guess I just have a face mixed up at a shoot.

I guess it's senility.

Top Bottom