• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just because you're ignorant to the facts doesn't make them non-existent.

Seriously, I need to ignore this thread. Some of the reasoning, logic, and whataboutism here is sickening.
    iu

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What is wrong with you?! 10 people are dead, including a police officer, and you want to peddle some literally insane crackpot theory that it was just propagated by politicians to push forward gun legislation?!

My heart literally hurts for this loss of life and all those affected and all you can think of to say is tinfoil hat nonsensical dribble. Have a soul, man.
    You're new to this side of things.

Was this a tragedy, of course. The problem is with Trump out of office and the Democrats in control of Congress, the media will now use this to spin a narrative for support of the gun control bills the Ds have in Congress. We've been through it many times before, and it gets old. The Democrats and their allies in the media will go full court press with this.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What is wrong with you?! 10 people are dead, including a police officer, and you want to peddle some literally insane crackpot theory that it was just propagated by politicians to push forward gun legislation?!

My heart literally hurts for this loss of life and all those affected and all you can think of to say is tinfoil hat nonsensical dribble. Have a soul, man.
    And what about the left politicians and pundits using the tragedy as an excuse to rush to the microphones while the blood is still puddled on the ground calling for new gun laws with no relevant facts about what actually happened available and therefor no basis for drafting a well crafted law that might prevent similar tragedies.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Was this a tragedy, of course. The problem is with Trump out of office and the Democrats in control of Congress, the media will now use this to spin a narrative for support of the gun control bills the Ds have in Congress. We've been through it many times before, and it gets old. The Democrats and their allies in the media will go full court press with this.
    I'm fully aware my political stance and viewpoints will always be in the minority here, but I just want the compassion and empathy for the loss of human life to be the majority for everyone.

There's a whole lot we don't know about yesterday. A whole lot. And, as such, I'm not going to pipe up about any political action (or inaction) until we have a clear understanding of the horrible events that occurred.

And what about the left politicians and pundits using the tragedy as an excuse to rush to the microphones while the blood is still puddled on the ground calling for new gun laws with no relevant facts about what actually happened available and therefor no basis for drafting a well crafted law that might prevent similar tragedies.
    And what about the right politicians and pundits that are using the tragedy as an excuse to rush to the microphones while the blood is still puddled on the ground calling for infringement upon gun rights with no relevant facts about what actually happened available and therefore no basis for shooting down a well-crafted law that might prevent similar tragedies?

I changed one word of your statement and it's just as valid. It's foolish to think only one side of the aisle does what you're saying.

giphy.gif

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I'm fully aware my political stance and viewpoints will always be in the minority here, but I just want the compassion and empathy for the loss of human life to be the majority for everyone.

There's a whole lot we don't know about yesterday. A whole lot. And, as such, I'm not going to pipe up about any political action (or inaction) until we have a clear understanding of the horrible events that occurred.

And what about the right politicians and pundits that are using the tragedy as an excuse to rush to the microphones while the blood is still puddled on the ground calling for infringement upon gun rights with no relevant facts about what actually happened available and therefore no basis for shooting down a well-crafted law that might prevent similar tragedies?

I changed one word of your statement and it's just as valid. It's foolish to think only one side of the aisle does what you're saying.

giphy.gif
    I hate being right all the time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Take a look here at the bills that have been introduced in Congress already and tell me again how many have been drafted by "right" politicians...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I know facts are not really available yet. Sitting with my wife this morning asking each other why didn't someone pull out their own gun and defend themselves?

Was it a GFZ store/city?

Did the good guys with guns prioritize protecting themselves and the ones they love successfully? Sorry for those that choose not to carry tools for their own defense but they made a choice.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Take a look here at the bills that have been introduced in Congress already and tell me again how many have been drafted by "right" politicians...

That doesn't invalidate the statement made by my substitution, though.

Show me a screenshot timestamped this morning of a Republican politician in front of a bank of microphones.
    What does a bank of microphones have to do with anything? There's a whole variety of communication outlets people use these days. Like email.

Does it matter, though? I'm not going to sway your political ideologies, nor are you going to sway mine.

I think we need congress to make it illegal to kill people.
    Surely you meant to make that text purple. I hope?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well yeah, but generally there’s a difference in motives. Most inner city crime is intimately connected to the drug trade, and the majority of those victims aren’t exactly “innocents,” at least from my personal experience. If you were to ask if I’d rather have a dude meet his maker who is an active participant in criminality over innocents going about their daily lives, that’s an easy decision for me.
    Generally, I agree with you but there's no shortage of bystanders caught in the crossfire

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    On the news coverage I saw dozens of police in full tactical gear with all their toys. Seemed like a lot of guys just ready to go on short notice and conveniently close to the location. A bunch of guys in squad cars wearing blue would be expected.

EDIT: Unlike the troll implied this is a genuine question, not a conspiracy theory. Is there really that much manpower that can be brought to bear so quickly?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    That doesn't invalidate the statement made by my substitution, though.

What does a bank of microphones have to do with anything? There's a whole variety of communication outlets people use these days. Like email.

Does it matter, though? I'm not going to sway your political ideologies, nor are you going to sway mine.

Surely you meant to make that text purple. I hope?
    Am I on ignore?

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

giphy.gif
    You're correct, Lush. Yesterday was indeed a tragedy and there is not one person on this forum who doesn't feel bad and mourn the loss of 10 souls.
    However, due to the current state of our government and the increasing pressure of its thumb(s) upon its people, we will mourn in greater proportion the death of America and the values that made it great; values which are rapidly being branded as racist, xenophobic, misogynistic and just plain downright unequal in order to fundamentally change the greatest country in the world into the most has-been country in modern history.
    Freedom: once a nation loses it, it never gets it back. Molon Labe.

Top Bottom