• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "Just as with prior murderous events such as Parkland and the Pulse nightclub shootings, the police were not aggressive enough in ending the threat as quickly as possible, undoubtedly increasing the death toll."

At least the police tried to do something to end the shooting. I didn't hear about any non-police trying to stop him. But hey, other INGO members are ******** on cops right now, so you might as well get your dig in too.
    Frank_N_Stein, please don't take my comments the wrong way. I am sure the officers who arrived after officer Talley were aware that he was down. I have read at least one report that stated that after officer Talley was down additional shots were fired by the murderer. The wait to build the assault team, and eventually to use a fire department ladder truck onto the roof is what I was referring to.

I am not going to kid myself or portray myself as something different to you than what I am. I'm just a fat old boy scout. And as much as I would like to believe that at least if I was armed I would have attempted to intervene. And as much as I would like to believe that I would have ran toward the sound of gunfire if armed, I do not know because I've never been put in that position.

Our law enforcement officers unfortunately have been put in those situations all too often.

My comments to my senators was only referring to what I have read repeatedly as changed policy after Columbine. In an active shooter situation the goal is to confront the shooter immediately. Officer Talley obviously did so. My concern is with the subsequent delay when the murderer was apparently still active.

I am sure over the coming months there will be much Monday morning quarterbacking and assessments of whether policy was followed.

Much as with George Floyd we may well find out that the officers followed the boulder Colorado police policy. And I suspect that what will be disclosed is that the officers who arrived after officer talley followed departmental policy. The officers I am not questioning, it is their departmental policy and the end result of that policy.

ETA: fix grammar. I'm obviously not communicating well today. Should just not have bothered.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am not sure who you were quoting but that is a pretty despicable comment given that an officer gave his life trying to intervene.
    Expat, please see my reply to Frank_N_Stein. Again, the context was about policy not the individual officers that arrived after officer Talley.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank_N_Stein, please don't take my comments the wrong way. I am sure the officers who arrived after officer Talley were aware that he was down. I have read at least one report that stated that after officer Talley was down additional shots were fired by the murder. The wait to build the assault team, and eventually to use a fire department ladder truck onto the roof is what I was referring to.

I am not going to kid myself or portray myself as something different to you than what I am. I'm just a fat old boy scout. And as much as I would like to believe that at least if I was armed I would have attempted to intervene. And as much as I would like to believe that I would have ran toward the sound of gunfire if armed, I do not know because I've never been put in that position.

Our law enforcement officers unfortunately have been put in those situations all too often. And I was only referring to what I have read repeatedly as changed policy after Columbine. In an active shooter situation the goal is to confront the shooter immediately. Officer Talley obviously did so. My only concern is with the subsequent delay when the murderer was apparently still active.

I am sure over the coming months there will be much Monday morning quarterbacking and assessments of whether policy was followed. Much as with George Floyd we may well find out that the officers followed the boulder Colorado police policy. And I suspect that what will be disclosed is that the officers who arrived after officer talley followed departmental policy. The officers I am not questioning, it is their departmental policy and the end result.
    Whatever your justification is, it isn't appreciated. It is easy to sit back and watch live or recorded coverage of an incident and tell everyone what was being done incorrectly.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

S0Jp8TP.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Whatever your justification is, it isn't appreciated. It is easy to sit back and watch live or recorded coverage of an incident and tell everyone what was being done incorrectly.
    Whether criticism is justified or not anybody has the right to their opinion, you're not the moderator of what people can post. The only way things improve is to review these type of incidents and learn from them, if people didn't do that you'd still be carrying 6 shot revolvers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Whether criticism is justified or not anybody has the right to their opinion, you're not the moderator of what people can post. The only way things improve is to review these type of incidents and learn from them, if people didn't do that you'd still be carrying 6 shot revolvers.
    I don't think Frank was telling him that he couldn't post it. Just that he took issue with what was said. :dunno:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Couple of new data points from the arrest documentation. The rifle was purchased on the 16th, so it's narrowly possible that it could have been purchased the day of a stimulus direct deposit. It's not a particularly important point, objectively, just interesting.

It's also been confirmed to be a Ruger AR556 pistol with a brace. This continues the trend of these shooters walking into retail gun stores and buying the cheapest in-stock AR15 in the store.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given that the POS is in jail rather than dead i hope the other inmates shove bacon into every orifice of his body and then shank him.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Couple of new data points from the arrest documentation. The rifle was purchased on the 16th, so it's narrowly possible that it could have been purchased the day of a stimulus direct deposit. It's not a particularly important point, objectively, just interesting.

It's also been confirmed to be a Ruger AR556 pistol with a brace. This continues the trend of these shooters walking into retail gun stores and buying the cheapest in-stock AR15 in the store.
    What I really want to know is "where did he get the ammo"?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

FWIW, completely anecdotally, the AR-556 is one of the few ARs that RKguns regularly has had in stock for the past several months. He likely bought the only AR in stock.

That's no joke...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    We don't have a shot-by-shot account yet, and we may never, but based on the first video and some eyewitness accounts, this was not a high volume of fire event. Sadly it does not take a whole lot of ammo to kill defenseless people one by one.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We don't have a shot-by-shot account yet, and we may never, but based on the first video and some eyewitness accounts, this was not a high volume of fire event. Sadly it does not take a whole lot of ammo to kill defenseless people one by one.
    True. Hunting in a non-GFZ is much more risk intensive and ammo intensive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom