KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How could they have been used during a war? According to Californian laws guns become deadly only if they can hold over 10 rounds.
    The rifle was designed by Swedes, I think that has something to do with it. Either that or because San Juan Hill isn't in California :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...If it dicks around and gets to be cool to be anti-gun in youth social media circles, we may well have a bigger problem than anyone is expecting.

We should keep an eye on that, but I'm less worried about a blustery stuffed shirt squish than anti-gun motivated teens with social media. Remember the unsuccessful anti-Trump push by the Koch brothers last election?

On the other hand, protests and rallies seem cool to these gullible young people especially when their Hollywood hero's get involved.

These teen anti-gun incentives happen right under our noses in our schools, paid for with tax dollars. Its a rare teacher/school administrator that is not democrat/liberal/union motivated. These folks have not proven to be friends of the 2A.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Although I'm curious about the public/private school thing, the results aren't really helpful.

Public schools, by law usually, are limited in "kicking" a kid out. They can send them to different levels of school or something, but a complete expulsion from an entire school system is extraordinarily rare (based on info I have from attorneys involved in this sort of thing). They just can't do it.

So, they play a shell game with problematic kids and shuffle them around until they "graduate." That also means that there's almost always going to be a public school they either attend or recently attended.

Private schools don't have to deal with that. They can really expel.

Public schools can and do expel students. It isn't as tough as you are making it out to be. They have a set of rules and once they are broken the paperwork starts.

I was just made aware of a public school in my county that ran three students through the process last week.

Allowing students to go to any school in the county even if not in the district means the school has to run checks on the possible transfer to be sure they are not getting the bad apples. The superintendent has the option to except or deny any transfer.

Maybe things are different with very large school systems, I have no knowledge on that.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Do remember these are the same youth infatuated with their first person shooter video games. While they may temporarily think it's cool to be antigun, they still think guns are cool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm thinking the gamers are on our side?

It's the social media crowd, that can't put down their phone, who we need to be wary of. The flash mob sheeple, like the kids with the microphone at the anti-gun rally.

us_florid-school-shooting-anti-gun-rally_reuters.png
    4953B66900000578-0-image-a-20_1518898305674.jpg
    180217171522-parkland-florida-students-anti-gun-rally-demand-action-orig-mg-00000618-large-169.jpg

Interesting to note - the gray haired "handlers" all around these youths "speaking out"...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm thinking the gamers are on our side?

It's the social media crowd, that can't put down their phone, who we need to be wary of. The flash mob sheeple, like the kids with the microphone at the anti-gun rally.

Interesting to note - the gray haired "handlers" all around these youths "speaking out"...

They paraded these five kids out on all the Sunday morning news(?) shows. They were very poised and very well coached. Not what you would imagine from a grieving high school kid. Someone has an agenda and is using them as pawns.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe if enough parents were to sue the school districts for not protecting their kids because of the GFZ, it would eventually get momentum to make a change.
    Won't be the change the antis are looking for but it would save lives.

In the mean time, parents should be prosecuted for sending their own kids to a known slaughterhouse. Am I blaming the victims?
    **** ya I am. They chose poorly. Kumbaya and drum circles aren't going to defend the the next school attack. We need to get some school board members and teachers with some balls to protect the kids by allowing guns into the classrooms. If my kids teacher won't take a stand behind a gun to save the kids, then they are not good enough to teach my kids anything.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thats my point entirely. It was not a perfect plan but the few bloody noses and black eyes were worth it instead of just covering up and waiting for it to stop.
    Hell man I was getting beat up by 2 girls pretty regular. That was it for me. My uncles took me out to the family farm and schooled me. When I had received the proper training and acquired the mind set I beat the snot out of those girls 2 brothers. Told them to make the girls stand down or I would be back. It worked. I as raised not to hit a female regardless of how butch they were acting. I did not win them all but I stopped running. The bully's left me be when the price became to high.

In this age of social media back stabbing and trollish behavior is just not easy to over come. It is a disease.

But it should be. I'm pretty sure every social media device has an "off" switch. Unfortunately Little Johnny and Little Susie have control of that switch instead of their parents (although now some of the "parents" are just as bad as their spawn).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They paraded these five kids out on all the Sunday morning news(?) shows. They were very poised and very well coached. Not what you would imagine from a grieving high school kid. Someone has an agenda and is using them as pawns.

3 days after a tragedy of this magnitude of which the speakers were present, and you think that they had enough free time to be "coached" by someone who was solely injected into their lives to insert an agenda. That seems a little beyond the pale, even for INGO. The bald chick, Emma Gomez, spoke out immediately after the original shooting. Unless you think within hours of the shooting she was scooped up by people with an agenda, I see no reason to believe that she wasn't speaking from the heart.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/emma-gonzalez-blasts-trump-nra/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Duh.....are any of us surprised.

I honestly am surprised that people would question the motives of survivors, after so recent a tragedy. I really am. I think their passion is understandable, and heartfelt, regardless of whether or not I agree with their logic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    3 days after a tragedy of this magnitude of which the speakers were present, and you think that they had enough free time to be "coached" by someone who was solely injected into their lives to insert an agenda. That seems a little beyond the pale, even for INGO. The bald chick, Emma Gomez, spoke out immediately after the original shooting. Unless you think within hours of the shooting she was scooped up by people with an agenda, I see no reason to believe that she wasn't speaking from the heart.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/emma-gonzalez-blasts-trump-nra/

Maybe they didn't have time to coach them, but the anti-gunners were on their soap boxes before the crime scene tape was even put up. Those with that agenda certainly don't waste any time to exploit tragedy for their own purposes. Not sympathy, not condolences to the victims and their families... the first thing out of their mouths were "We have to get rid of guns!" You could practically hear them smacking their lips.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe if enough parents were to sue the school districts for not protecting their kids because of the GFZ, it would eventually get momentum to make a change.
    Won't be the change the antis are looking for but it would save lives.

In the mean time, parents should be prosecuted for sending their own kids to a known slaughterhouse. Am I blaming the victims?
    **** ya I am. They chose poorly. Kumbaya and drum circles aren't going to defend the the next school attack. We need to get some school board members and teachers with some balls to protect the kids by allowing guns into the classrooms. If my kids teacher won't take a stand behind a gun to save the kids, then they are not good enough to teach my kids anything.

Separately from the GFZ, the school administrator right from the beginning has been chanting for gun control. Almost as if it might be cover for the school not reporting the threatening shooter to law enforcement as they should have?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe they didn't have time to coach them, but the anti-gunners were on their soap boxes before the crime scene tape was even put up. Those with that agenda certainly don't waste any time to exploit tragedy for their own purposes. Not sympathy, not condolences to the victims and their families... the first thing out of their mouths were "We have to get rid of guns!" You could practically hear them smacking their lips.

That gray haired guy (local dem representative) was interviewed by himself and had the liberal anti-gun talking points down as if it was a memory chip in this head.

The well spoken male kid is a journalism student. It wouldn't take long to pick your spokespeople with everyone being interviewed and talking as they did, right after the shooting. Plenty of footage to pick and choose from.

"Wouldn't you like to help inform your fellow students nationwide about these terrible weapons of war, that need to be outlawed?"

Those kids had their handlers on both sides of them feeding and keeping them on message with talking points.

How many kids at that anti-gun rally actually sounded like an average modern HS kid talking?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I honestly am surprised that people would question the motives of survivors, after so recent a tragedy. I really am. I think their passion is understandable, and heartfelt, regardless of whether or not I agree with their logic.

Some of this looks all to well orchestrated. As mentioned those few are making the rounds. I understand the survivors grief believe me I truly do but it is misdirected here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom