• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MightySanta

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Accidental shootings in both North Carolina and Ohio Gun Shows (WTH People!)

Ohio: A man was shot at the Medina County gun show Saturday afternoon

North Carolina: Accidental shooting at Raleigh gun show | abc11.com

And now I'm hearing about someone who shot their hand at an Indy show? What's wrong with you people?!?! (Thanks Ectoman86 for the link: Indy Person accidentally shoots self at gun show | Fox 59 News – fox59.com

There is no way this could legally be used against our rights (since shall not be infringed is said) but you know they're going to fight harder anyways.

This is worse than Yeager in my opinion because we're talking about basic gun safety being ignored all over the country on the same day. You *ARE* going to make people scared when you open carry next month if this crap keeps up! :ranton:

Last edited:

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So true. How are we supposed to get people ok with us carrying weapons when idiots are shooting themselves. That's shows a lot for gun safety. People already get nervous when they see an open weapon. We wanna keep our rights and its already hard enough. Don'take it any harder by being dumb with your weapon.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So you have a dealer who forgot to check for the one round in the pipe, and a shotgun that goes off at the entrance while they are opening the case for inspection. Mistakes happen...but seriously people...stop calling them toys and treating them as such. Haven't heard anything about the indy one...but suspect it is another case of "didn't know it was loaded"

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So you have a dealer who forgot to check for the one round in the pipe, and a shotgun that goes off at the entrance while they are opening the case for inspection. Mistakes happen...but seriously people...stop calling them toys and treating them as such. Haven't heard anything about the indy one...but suspect it is another case of "didn't know it was loaded"

Nc guy had a round in the pipe.... idiot

Indy guy was loading wis weapon after he left.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Indy guy was loading wis weapon after he left.
    I can't fathom shooting myself in the hand while loading a firearm... I mean, what was he doing, holding it by the muzzle while trying to rack the slide with his finger on the trigger?

I could see having an AD if something was wrong with the weapon, but even in that situation, there is no way I would possibly shoot myself in the hand unless it hit the concrete and came back up to hit my hand...

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    On a related note, reading the comments on Fox 59 is at least making me laugh. esp when you realized the Likes and Dislikes are very Pro 2A

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Saw the report on Fox.com, still don't understand how you shoot yourself in the hand while loading a firearm... Anybody have a plausible explanation?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    one hand on slide one on grip.... After that why would you put a hand near the end of the gun???

It hurts my head...

Must have been holstering and using second hand to guide the gun an had second hand on the gun or holster...

Zig'sbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The first person my father saw get killed in Vietnam was from an AD. I think you can imagine how I was raised around firearms. Additionally, I also spent 20 years in the military. Sure, if a weapon has a serious issue you can have an AD. However, there is ZERO reason for that round to hit a person. Muzzle awareness is not something to ignore - ever.

Top Bottom