A small update to the rules for the classifieds.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did anyone else the ammo thread last week in which the BUYER bumped the ad to mark it sold?

This happens a lot, and drives me crazy. I report it when I see it.
    I don't know if I've ever seen it, but that's just crazy. WTF would a buyer post in the seller's ad that the seller's merchandise is sold? I'd probably report it too.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    After some discussion, the staff has come to the conclusion that rule #7 in the classifieds needed a bit of a rewrite for several reasons.

So please read and follow it. I'll post the rewrite here and it will be updated in the official rules soon. So here it is......

We will be giving a grace period for a little while.

TTT

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we are going to talk about breakfast food, biscuits and gravy, side of bacon.

That is all.

Don

Oh, but I doubt that makes us safe from pineapple. I'm sure there's some INGO miscreant who ruins good gravy with pineapple.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait a minute. This kinda smells like a cop turning on his siren just to avoid having to stop for a red light.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think rule number 3 needs to be updated/removed about the buyer asking a question since now they need to use the pm system.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may 'bump' it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a new post ("bumping") to allow your ad to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24-hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think rule number 3 needs to be updated/removed about the buyer asking a question since now they need to use the pm system.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may 'bump' it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a new post ("bumping") to allow your ad to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24-hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.
    Thanks. I'll make that change.

Top Bottom