• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, for those of you who are adamantly defending the glorification of Mil/LEO and how "defend your freedoms" I want to know this: What freedoms have they defended in the past 12 years? I want specifics, not "they're out there fighting terrorists" talking-head news bulletins.
    How about the thwarted terrorist attacks? Or, is that not good enough? Here, just in case you need a news article with it
    Foiled Terror Plots Against America Since 9/11 | Fox News
    Or, you could remember some of them from the news, like the shoe bomber, Fort Dix assault plot, the attempted car bombing in NYC, just to name a few.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well, for those of you who are adamantly defending the glorification of Mil/LEO and how "defend your freedoms" I want to know this: What freedoms have they defended in the past 12 years? I want specifics, not "they're out there fighting terrorists" talking-head news bulletins.

I have to say I really appreciated the LEO's of IMPD's northeast district who "defended the freedom" of a good female friend of mine who was chased into a lake at gunpoint by several urban youth who had designs on her purse. Their response was excellent, even though my 911 call was routed from another county (she was on the phone with my wife when the attack commenced) and they caught the guys almost immediately. They followed up professionally and did a top notch job in my opinion.

Joe

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    As much as I hate to say it, while reading your origional post, I really couldn't disagree. However, there are other points where they do voulenteer to help protect our country..unfortunately political opinions do come into factor when considering what exactly they are doing

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Outstanding! One Civie that wants to bite the hand that protects him. You must've been that guy that was screwing my girlfriend while I was overseas. Thank You for your service. I probably would've married her and gotten divorced, but since you said you were my friend, it made the fact that you were screwing my woman all the more acceptable. Turd Burgers and Fries to you man... Keep the flame alive. Just don't get mad when I show up on your door wanting a piece of your woman...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Outstanding! One Civie that wants to bite the hand that protects him. You must've been that guy that was screwing my girlfriend while I was overseas. Thank You for your service. I probably would've married her and gotten divorced, but since you said you were my friend, it made the fact that you were screwing my woman all the more acceptable. Turd Burgers and Fries to you man... Keep the flame alive. Just don't get mad when I show up on your door wanting a piece of your woman...

:scratch:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    No one here at INGO is qualified to answer this question.

I would suggest you print a hard copy of the OP, and take it to your nearest USMC recruiting station. The nice man there will help you sort out your confusion.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Audie Murphy may have been a hero,from what I have read he was,I do respect those who do a good job in service,whether military or law enforcement,in fact I respect anyone that does his or her job well.My real admiration is for the individuals who in their lifetime fulfills their obligations to God,Family,and then Country.Our priorities had better be in order or the fabric of our nation will continue to break down!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    C'mon man...I gotta tell myself that I hate them to keep my sugar craving at bay. I have a terrible sweet tooth. Any Officer caught eating one while in uniform in public should be beaten severely.

I feel ya'. I think cracks about cops and doughnuts are a pretty cheap form of wit.

There's so many other things to pick on about you guys.

Threadjack: As tough as I am on cops, I was talking to my wife last night and realized that I've been stopped 4 times in the last two years and haven't gotten a ticket. Three times for speeding (what can I say, I figure I bought the numbers on the right side of my speedometer, might as well use 'em) and once for following too close, which I might have been since I was trying to demonstrate to a MORON that there are two other lanes he can use to go five miles under the speed limit, but only one for me to use to go fast.

All of them let me go with a warning. One introduced himself as a Major in the Colorado Highway Patrol (I passed him not recognizing his unmarked car) and he just asked me what year I went to jump school (I have a small Airborne sticker on my truck) and let me go, even though I passed him on the right going 85 in a 75.

What's the deal Denny? Why so lax?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks, man. I'm going to send you a certificate for a free donut.

2yu3sw37748-1.gif

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How about the thwarted terrorist attacks? Or, is that not good enough? Here, just in case you need a news article with it
    Foiled Terror Plots Against America Since 9/11 | Fox News
    Or, you could remember some of them from the news, like the shoe bomber, Fort Dix assault plot, the attempted car bombing in NYC, just to name a few.

I asked for specific examples of Mil/LEOs PROTECTING freedoms. How is this defending my freedom?

Instead, there are a few posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP or follow-up question(s). Personal insults and jabs? Yeah, that'll shut them up alright.

Also, I find it quite interesting what my ex-military friends have said when I discussed this topic with them along with the private message I received from quite a few folks here who have served and they actually agreed with me about the near-worshiping of the "warrior class" as one post put it.

Oh, wait, without Mil/LEO, I would be soiling my pants because I cannot protect myself. That must be it. Yeah, that's not overrating the importance of Mil/LEO at all. Personal defense is a personal matter.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I like words.

Especially "oaths." Those mean a lot. When I swore-in to the Mil., and Department of State, and No Such Agency, and Other Agencies and levels, the awe of the responsibility that I would be sharing with numberless others who had sworn before me was overwhelming. Have ALL men who swore to defend The Constitution been infallible? No. But that does not diminish the valor and dedication of those who HAVE overcome frailties of the flesh, and withstood moral and ethical attacks and slanders, to remain faithful no matter what may come upon them. Some of us fall; many more of us remain faithful and still standing. Semper Fi. EBG
    Why does the general society place such importance on military and LEOs? It is almost as if godhood status has been bestowed on people that have VOLUNTARILY chosen a dangerous profession. These jobs are CHOICES made at the individual level. Pure and simple.

Do not get me wrong. I appreciate most of what military and LEOs do for security purposes. I simply refuse to give them any more credit than "job well done" when it is merited.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When I was sworn-in to the Mil., and Department of State, and No Such Agency, and Other Agencies, the awe of the responsibility that I would be sharing with numberless others who had sworn before me was overwhelming. Have ALL men who swore to defend The Constitution been infallible? No. But does that diminish the valor and dedication of those who HAVE overcome frailties of the flesh, and withstood moral and ethical attacks and slanders, to remain faithful no matter what may come upon them? Some of us fall; many more of us remain standing. Semper Fi. EBG

EBG, I am not attempting to diminish sacrifices, valor and above and beyond the call of duty of anyone who has served. To do so would spitting on the graves of those like my father and his father and many more honorable family members that have fought for this nation from its infancy.

As for those who seem most fallible when it comes to upholding their word to defend the U.S. Constitution, I would say folks appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court, elected to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and elected to Congress are the worst culprits at tearing down the Constitution.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I asked for specific examples of Mil/LEOs PROTECTING freedoms. How is this defending my freedom?

Instead, there are a few posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP or follow-up question(s). Personal insults and jabs? Yeah, that'll shut them up alright.

Also, I find it quite interesting what my ex-military friends have said when I discussed this topic with them along with the private message I received from quite a few folks here who have served and they actually agreed with me about the near-worshiping of the "warrior class" as one post put it.

Oh, wait, without Mil/LEO, I would be soiling my pants because I cannot protect myself. That must be it. Yeah, that's not overrating the importance of Mil/LEO at all. Personal defense is a personal matter.

Nemo, you wanted specific examples, I gave them to you. I could also point out the loss of some freedoms that we used to have because of 9-11. If those terrorist attacks had happened, what else do you think would have been lost on your freedoms. The anti-guns already use any incident with firearms as an example of why they are evil. Look at the Fort Hood shooting, they have used that again as why we don't need weapons with more then 10 rounds again, or even why people need firearms at all.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Most people do not join the Military or the LEO to worshiped. I know that is not why I joined, or anyone else that I have served with.
    There are some people, as pointed out, that do want to be worshiped in the military, I have seen them, begging for discounts, or special crap, and believe me, it actually irritates me as much, if not more then it does to you. I am glad that I have only seen them, and have not had to work with them. No matter what job you have, there will always be some bad apples.

You are right, personal defense is a personal matter, and as pointed out by the Supreme Court, the LEO is not there to protect you personally, but without the military and law enforcement, think of how bad the country could deteriorate. However, if a terrorist organization were to be in the US, like they used to be in Europe, would you be able to protect yourself during at attack? After all, it is your personal defense. I don't know about you, but if something like that happened around me, I would LOVE to know that there are police officers responding to help out, cause if its multiple shooters, doubt I could take them all down "Die Hard" style.
    Once again, I do not want worship, but I would like to be respected in my job, like I respect other workers for their job. When my car breaks, I want my mechanic to be able to do his job, and i respect that he can. I know I usually can't fix it when its broke.
    That's just my :twocents:. You have your opinion, and Im more then fine with it, but since you wanted everyone's input, I am giving you mine.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    OP, you are correct, that these people took these jobs by CHOICE. Every veteran made a CHOICE to write a check, made payable to the United States of America, redeemable at a time of its choosing, for an amount up to, and including, his life.

The question you need to be asking, is: Why, on Sept. 10, 2001, was an active duty service member, in dress uniform, walking through an airport, looked down upon, by the same people who, today, would anonymously pay for his dinner?

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    If I write my own reply I will be banned. What Scutter said.

Agreed. I did my time, joined because of 9/11. Working on Leo jobs, too, because I like ths action, but I like helping people more. What did you do, op? Me and some friends volunteered to fight this POS war, and there's two if us left. Matter of fact out of thirty friends only five are alive. If that's not deserving of credit, then your perfection is skewed, sir. I got ambushed the day of the superbowl in 2005, got back to base just in time to see some douchebag win a free car and a couple mill for doing something that we did as a luxury. Do I want a spotlight? No. I made the hard choices most people think about in their primitive subconscious, wondering if they could really do it. I think I deserve a little mute respect, yes. It's the men in wheelchairs and the kids in caskets who deserve it because the do things the average man can't/won't do. It brings a weird sensation to my gut to think about this crap. Thanks. Between people bashing cops at the superbowl in sniper nests and this, I'm starting to feel a little let down. /endrant

Top Bottom