• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We have as a society fetishised the military and such. It comes down to that blind patriotism, that sprung up around 9-11. When it comes down to it, they are just people like you an I, no better or worse. Branding them all as heroes cheapens what a hero is.

the soldier that runs through a volley of bullets to save a person, is a hero. the lucky few soldiers that go sit in an air conditioned trailer by a pond for a few years and then come back are not heroes. (last example is a friend of mine.)

most people that claim 'Merca is the best country in the world as more than likely never been any where else. Their pa told them them merica was the best, and his pa before him and so on and so fourth. its like never have had pie a person goes to a littel shop gets pie tries their first bite and says. "this is the best pie in the world"

I find it frustrating. People in todays society seem to be proud of their ignorance, so proud in fact that to try and reason with them is like telling a wall its really a cloud. It does no one any good. I've never left this country and I will never say its the best nor the worst because honestly I don't know that.

Leo's apply to the same thoughts i have about heroes. however one thing that really pisses me off is this bline hatred people have for them. that whole "Frak the PO PO" BS
    people say they hate cops, for busting them when they are breaking the law. Hey dumbass be a good citizen and there wont be problems. You hate the cops? Alright but when SHTF call a hippie not the cops. I have dealt with police a lot. I used to get hassled all the time by them. But, i never lost respect for the badge. There are a few cops who as people i have no respect for, but will still respect the badge they wear.

To call all cops, heroes or scum is intellectually lazy and inherently flawed.

When it comes down to it. People are people, they could be wearing a paper hat, a suit, a tux, a uniform, a badge, a labcoat, or even a mascot costume. We are all people, we are all made of the same stuff, we are all on the same team. We need to do what we can to make life easier for every one.

Really not sure we're all on the same team. I'll pick cops and military if we're choosing up sides.

I generally agree except for that last line. I will help some who are trying to help themselves but some do not deserve any help. They are sponges or just warts on the ass of our society and i draw the line at helping that kind. Especially if the have no desire to change.

And I've been to other countries. Ours is the worst system in the world, except for every other one out there.
    God Bless America.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    IMO it's because folks don't understand your value until they need your services .

...and for every one who is on your side, there's another one trying to block what you're trying to accomplish...at least when it comes to the style of law I do.

Anyhoo....dangerous, dangerous work.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I don't see either MILs or LEOs as heroic. The LEOs have no legal duty to even try to save anyone. The military is only in harm's way because of our disastrous foreign policies.

They are in a position where they can maybe be heroic at times. If they do something selfless, okay.

But I would guess the vast majority never do.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    With the alcoholism, hypertension, heart disease, depression and IBS that accompanies practicing law, I would think we would be respected more than we are.
    Hough I tip my hat to you, with all that going on you handle yourself well on here.....:laugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    L1sLA12.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    With the alcoholism, hypertension, heart disease, depression and IBS that accompanies practicing law, I would think we would be respected more than we are.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I think your profession is right up there at the top with used car salesmen!;)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Why did this get drug back up?

Personally, I hate cops and military. To be completely fair, I really just hate everyone in general. Cops and military are in that group of everyone. :):
    Guilty as charged. I guess the snow storm made me want to stir the pot, since the storm makes me stir crazy. My apologies.

Top Bottom