• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I can't believe I read this entire thread from the beginning. If there is one thing I have learned from this thread its that the OC v CC debate continues to be, uh, er, well it just continues to be. Wait, I already knew that! :rolleyes:

OK, if there is one I have learned from this thread its how people with thousands and thousands of posts on INGO... No wait, I already knew that too. :ingo:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can't believe I read this entire thread from the beginning. If there is one thing I have learned from this thread its that the OC v CC debate continues to be, uh, er, well it just continues to be. Wait, I already knew that! :rolleyes:

OK, if there is one I have learned from this thread its how people with thousands and thousands of posts on INGO... No wait, I already knew that too. :ingo:
    I've learned nothing from this thread. Not even what kind of ice cream longbow got at the ice cream shop.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    That's your opinion. Would you care to explain why you think you should be making that decision for me?

It is my opinion. I haven't said I think or expect anyone to do what I say. I actually OC or CC depending on my take of the situation which was kind of my point: assess the situation, determine if show of force or surprise is a bigger advantage. For example I prefer to open carry whenever I feel like I have home field advantage.

What I see in these arguments is what I see in so many ingo posts. Lack of reason and black and white thinking. The inability to see anything outside of their own preconceived notions.

One thing you can bank on, I never OC out of Ego, machismo, or to freak out the sheep.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'll add my bit to the glue factory candidate of a thread:

The threshold of action (drawing gun) should IMO be very high. Once you draw your gun, the range of good outcomes is reduced, and the likelihood of bad outcomes is higher.

In the store robbery case that is oft-cited, I would say that your first reaction should be to not draw a gun nor stand out in anyway. Unless the robber shows clear intention to kill (rather than steal), you should probably choose to let the robbery continue.

If you OC, then you basically remove that option to lay low. You may actually increase the probably of someone (other than BG) getting hurt or killed.

That said, I refuse to accept the idea that OC or CC is always better than the other option. Neither is without risk or reward in a given situation.

There's no substitute for using your own judgement. If I carried (I do not), I would tend towards CC just be more sociable and not draw attention to myself.

Even if you don't have any intention to draw stares from people, you can't never disprove the allegation that you're just looking for attention.

I'd rather it not be an issue, and I'm willing to live with the disadvantages of CC in most cases.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I'm just wondering if I now have to start all of my posts like Mongoose:

As a Combat Vet:

So any of you not know I'm in the Army? Or do I have to make sure you know everytime I post? Oops forgot the purple lol, you know that by my screen name and sig line!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

As a Combat Vet:

So any of you not know I'm in the Army? Or do I have to make sure you know everytime I post? Oops forgot the purple lol, you know that by my screen name and sig line!
    I was wondering the same thing...

Do I need to build a rack for my sig line too?! :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, as I am not a mind reader I cannot say for sure. But there are those that fit the profile. I would start by ruling out anyone who had a blatantly emotional reaction to the OP.
    Oh I get it so they might fit your profile of people that OC just to be "macho and freak out the sheep"?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

As a Combat Vet:

As a mall ninja:

I approve of this posting method. :rockwoot:

16ga2o.jpg

Top Bottom