• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think the restarting/rebooting/rehashing of the OC vs CC argument by new members constitutes low-hanging fruit to grab in an effort to up your post count so you can sell/buy in the marketplace section without becoming a site supporter.

Myself, I refuse to participate in the argument at this point because its just divisive and, in my opinion, a distraction from the larger issues surrounding 2A rights and gun control itself...

At the end of the day, there are pros and cons to both styles of carry, and as a carrier, you get to decide for yourself which way to go - knowing full well, that you'll be judged by those who feel differently than you.

My feeling is this: as with any argument, if you're workin' hard explainin' it, you're losin' it.

Me? I came here to :popcorn: and drop my :twocents: when it adds value. In the OC vs CC debate, I don't think there's more to be said that hasn't already been said. (I'll spare you another dead-horse beating graphic - cuz I'm just that gosh darn awesome.)

Good post but...

I don't recall any OCers passing judgement on CCers for their method of carry. That's a pretty one-way street as far as I'm able to tell.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Most the open carry people do not make it obvious. Not as obvious as people make it out to be. Carry it, its on your hip, and gee, your arms are swaying back and forth in front of them. Have a dark shirt with a dark weapon, and no one even notices. More people carrying is a GOOD thing, regardless of HOW they carry.
    As for assuming that somehow, in a shootout, you will glow or something cause you open carried, there is also the belief that open carry scares off criminals, or they wait for the carrier to leave before they commit the crime. So, you moved your family out of the line of fire, that IF something happened, they would be in the way, while you try to draw out your firearm, while everyone is running around and screaming and being unpredictable idiots.
    Idk about anyone else but I always glow when I open carry. I can't help it. Maybe that's why I get into so many shootouts. :dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking, which would be a better barbecue gun, a shiny nickel or stainless 1911, or a shiny, blued Colt Python.

Then I realized that a well dressed barbecue attendee will wear both. Strong side for the 1911 and crossdraw for the Python.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I don't recall any OCers passing judgement on CCers for their method of carry. That's a pretty one-way street as far as I'm able to tell.

Yes, more rare from my reading ... it really only ever seems to come up when the OC side defends themselves against the "attention whores" label, and they over compensate by calling CC'ers pu55y's for not being willing to show it off.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying its a valid argument - just that its an argument I've seen/heard.

To your point, yes - traffic in this debate is FAR heavier "against" OC in place of CC than the other way around.

I guess my bottom line is that it seems all participants in this particular debate tend to agree that to carry in general is better than not to carry at all - so I feel that since we're not in VT/AK/AZ/WY, the effort/time is better spent protecting/preserving/easing the right to do so instead of spending it in-fighting over who's more safe or tacti-cool based on how they choose to do so.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes, more rare from my reading ... it really only ever seems to come up when the OC side defends themselves against the "attention whores" label, and they over compensate by calling CC'ers pu55y's for not being willing to show it off.

To be clear, I'm NOT saying its a valid argument - just that its an argument I've seen/heard.

To your point, yes - traffic in this debate is FAR heavier "against" OC in place of CC than the other way around.

I guess my bottom line is that it seems all participants in this particular debate tend to agree that to carry in general is better than not to carry at all - so I feel that since we're not in VT/AK/AZ/WY, the effort/time is better spent protecting/preserving/easing the right to do so instead of spending it in-fighting over who's more safe or tacti-cool based on how they choose to do so.

:yesway:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    A BBQ pistol is that pistol you put on when you are dressing up and OC'ing. Some are nickel plated, engraved with custom grips in a tooled leather holster. Some are colored using different processes.

I have a friend whose Wife carries a 1911 that is annodized (sp?) purple with a nice floral pattern that is engraved after the color was added so it looks purple with silver engraving...
    Like a boss.
    bbqgun2.jpg

Not to be confused with a "ketchup gun"

5842009493_c90f05331b.jpg

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    An Honest Man who has no ill will, or evil intent toward his fellow man, has no reason to conceal that which is necessary to defend his life or liberty.... It is the Criminal who must mask and hide their evil design against others.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    An Honest Man who has no ill will, or evil intent toward his fellow man, has no reason to conceal that which is necessary to defend his life or liberty.... It is the Criminal who must mask and hide their evil design against others.
    Not the case with ltc cc's. Because they choose not to show their readiness to defend themselves doesn't make them a bad person.
    I never understood why cc or oc were so divided and at war in the first place. Both are a great privilege so the support for either should be equal.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Except that I don't think it's the need to defend our choice. And it's not over-compensation. We're simply turning the tables and making the same baseless accusations based on the same kind of stupid assumptions.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Except that I don't think it's the need to defend our choice. And it's not over-compensation. We're simply turning the tables and making the same baseless accusations based on the same kind of stupid assumptions.

Precisely. Good post 88GT. I'd rep you gain but I have to Obama it around first.

We get tired of the bashing we get and it requires a response in kind from time to time.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I was thinking, which would be a better barbecue gun, a shiny nickel or stainless 1911, or a shiny, blued Colt Python.

Then I realized that a well dressed barbecue attendee will wear both. Strong side for the 1911 and crossdraw for the Python.

I don't have enough waistline to pull that off... :(

Top Bottom