• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    BRRRRTTTTT!

Just had an A-10 fly over the house, halfway b/t Westfield and Noblesville.

(no, there was no BRRRRTTTTT, but it woulda been cool)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The first thing you hear down range are the Mavericks coming overhead and schwhaking targets in the field, the next thing you hear is the BRRRRRT and sparkle on the targets the last thing you hear is the whistle of the engines as they pass overhead. Best....CAS...airplane...EVER!

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    The first thing you hear down range are the Mavericks coming overhead and schwhaking targets in the field, the next thing you hear is the BRRRRRT and sparkle on the targets the last thing you hear is the whistle of the engines as they pass overhead. Best....CAS...airplane...EVER!

At my old house this was just a weekly occurrence. Lived just south of Atterbury and they would go two by two over my house all the time, head south, turn around just past my property and head north for another run. I do miss seeing that. The sound of that gun, even from a few miles away, just makes ya grin.

One of the coolest things I remember seeing was a couple F-16s some years back. They were doing what appeared to be practice bombing runs down Hwy 46 west of Columbus. Over and over, they would circle around and line up with the highway and come in low heading west. Watched 'em from the picture window for a good hour that Sat morning.

Top Bottom