• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    My thoughts are if the people stealing the trailer wouldn't have done that. Nothing would have happened. The thieves started the 1st action which had a consequence. The 82 year old man was not looking for trouble. He was in his own house minding his own business. These 2 thieves who already have criminal records started everything. What's wrong with this world.
    Bingo!!!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    So you would not confront someone doing this to you?

No, what is to gain, they could have guns also, their could be more of them, you could miss and kill an innocent child, why put yourself in a dangerous situation with so many downsides for stuff, stuff can be replaced.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This is a tough one. First, we all acknowledge the natural right to defend your property from theft. Without reading the court documents, the story is - man looks out window, sees thieves hooking up trailer, man comes out of house with gun and tells them to gtfo, thieves drive off with trailer "almost" running over the homeowner, homeowner fires 2 rounds at get away vehicle, striking one of the thieves in the face.

Naturally, its hard to pin any blame on the old man. I guess we will have to wait and see how the law shakes out. I think the old man has some things working for him, but also some points working against him. Is deadly force justified over the theft of a trailer - outside of your home? As it has already been said, was the gentleman's life in danger? He did say he was "almost" ran over.

I would have handled the situation differently. I would have at least phoned 911 right out the gate and tried to capture as much identifiable information about the situation as possible. I would not have left my home. Call me a weenie, but a gun fight isn't worth a trailer to me. For others, I can certainly see how it can be and find no fault in that line of thinking. Now, had they entered or attempted to enter the home, all bets are off.

In addition, how come no charges have been filed against the thieves? They admitted to the crime and enough time passed to put together a news story and send reporters to the homes of the thieves to request an interview. That would seem like enough time to get some formal charges in order. The report did mention that the thieves may be involved in a larger car theft ring. Are charges being withheld in attempt to pin something larger on them?

Too bad the jury pool can't be INGO members.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Didn't watch video, but they weren't arrested or charged....they weren't Black Panthers by chance were they....those guys get a free pass to at least 2012.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    These criminaliens just hit the jackpot.

Steal from an old guy, get shot doing it, and then sue him. What a effing joke this is becoming.

Thank Holder and comrades for making the country safe from old timers standing up for themselves.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The only problem with old people is; they remember what it used to be like before their individual rights were changed to protect the guilty. Remember that thing called property rights? On top of that, if they attempted to run him over I say good for him.

Rolling over and playing dead still makes you a victim.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Here is a picture:

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    The only problem with old people is; they remember what it used to be like before their individual rights were changed to protect the guilty. Remember that thing called property rights? On top of that, if they attempted to run him over I say good for him.

Rolling over and playing dead still makes you a victim.
    :+1:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    you just have to make sure some kind of weapon is in their dead fingers, or laying next to them when the cops show up. The only good theif is a dead one. :patriot:

That would depend on whether you were inside or outside, if I'm outside and someone trys to take my stuff I would consider that a threat to my safety and would defend my life with deadly force.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok if you are willing to spend the rest of your life in prison over stuff that do what you think is right, I for one don't want to go to prison so I will call the cops, becoming a criminal is no way to fight crime.

You see it as fighting for your stuff, but I see it as fighting for your principles. The victim did not choose to be robbed that day and was defending what was rightfully his. If he says that they tried to run him over, then I believe him and think he had the right to fire. Maybe that type of thinking will land me in trouble one day but standing up for what you believe in tends to do that from time to time.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Too bad he didnt hit both of them dead. They are here illegally, have a lengthy criminals record, and chose to pick a fight with who they though was a weak person! Kudos to the old man he deserves a metal!

Im sure the public defender will chime in shortly now.

Top Bottom