• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It's all bs. For the simple fact that you can buy into the classifieds for 10.00.

"I already have the guilty conscience; I might as well have the money too."
    - Clint Eastwood, The Unforgiven

Seriously, though. The reason behind the "buy in" option was to make the Classifieds available to Site Supporters who may not have their 50 posts, while still discouraging the "drive by" advertisers/buyers. $10.00 may not be much, but it indicates a willingness to support the site on some level, which is more than I can say for your average craigslist/gunbroker type user.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is slightly off topic but... I also have talked to other members and it seems there might be some selling for profit going on. I'm not going to outright accuse anyone of buying a gun using this site and turning around and listing the same gun within the next couple of days. But you know this is a public forum and anyone can view this site, anyone. Appearances are everything, so if that is taking place I would hope that we the members that take notice of such behavior would bring it to the attention of the Mod's.

There's nothing wrong with selling a gun at a profit. When you become an "unlicensed gun dealer" though, that's between you and the ATF, not you and the mods and it's up to the ATF to enforce that (and believe me when I tell you they are watching). We have neither the time, the inclination, nor the responsibility to track every gun bought and sold on INGO.

If you are a licensed dealer operating as a business (of any kind, not just firearms), we just ask that you become an advertising supporter.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would like to see the post count raised to atleast 100 and have to be a site supporter before being able to post in the classifieds. To many people are just joining this site to trade guns. I wont post any names but you can watch the classifieds and some guns will trade hands atleast 5 times in a couple weeks. Now I really dont care about what people are doing with the guns Buy Sell Trade until it has a affect on this Website! I would hate to see it get shut down over some peoples negligence of rules.

:ingo::ingo::ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd like to second this suggestion, but add site supporters. If vBulletin would allow this, then it would remove the temptation from the newbies and remove the policing efforts from the site supporters and Mods.

We get a significant amount of new member traffic from people who saw an ad linked from another site (like Google) and decided to stay. We're trying to encourage "decided to stay". Prior to our original 10-post restriction, people would join, snipe, and then never return. 50 posts gets them to look around a bit and see that we're not a classified site. A $10 buy-in does the same, believe it or not.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    ......it's up to the ATF to enforce that (and believe me when I tell you they are watching).....r.

really? the ATF? on INGO? thats pretty wild. Seriously, never thought big brother was watching here. But it's prob a good idea. Ya never know.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would like to see the post count raised to atleast 100 and have to be a site supporter before being able to post in the classifieds. To many people are just joining this site to trade guns. I wont post any names but you can watch the classifieds and some guns will trade hands atleast 5 times in a couple weeks. Now I really dont care about what people are doing with the guns Buy Sell Trade until it has a affect on this Website! I would hate to see it get shut down over some peoples negligence of rules.

:ingo::ingo::ingo:

Not sure how INGO would get shut down for the actions of an individual member or two, but making it a pay to play site certainly wouldn't stop that, in fact may make it more vulnerable due to the appearance that would create.

Frankly, so long as someone isn't violating the laws it's no one else's business how often they sell, buy, or trade their guns. Some folks like trading guns and trying new ones out. I certainly do. Wait'll you see what happens when I've got a little more money, and my collection built back up so I've got a few more guns I don't have some overriding reason to keep around. I like to buy or trade for them, wring them out, and if I'm not going to carry it or keep it as a spare, I won't be even a tad shy about wheeling and dealing to get another to do the same thing with. Might keep it a week, two weeks, a month... however long I want, then get rid of it. And it's not the business of the mods, you, or anyone else on this site. The extent that it is our business only goes so far as whether or not we want to make a deal, or whether or not we want to deal with particular people. I've seen a few folks in the classifieds I won't deal with, whether because of the "deals" they offer, or my own personal concerns about their ethics.

A site this size, with as much classified activity as is going on, is surely being watched by the people who's job it is to do so. If someone is dealing illegally, sucks to be them when they get caught.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    As a "low posting newbie" myself, I read through this thread and noticed that no one under 50 posts seemed to have an opinion on this topic, so let me share mine. I like looking through the classifieds, but I am not on here solely to buy your stuff. I enjoy reading the opinions, and like some other forums, there is alot of good information on here, plus it is tailored to Hoosiers. As far as the concern that people with less than 50 posts are going to screw you, it depends on whether you are the seller or buyer. If you buy from someone with less than 50 posts, and send them your money for a product, you might not get that product. If someone with less than 50 posts buys your product, and sends you the money, then there is no problem. If they don't, then you have to go to the trouble of relisting it, but you are not "screwed". But I do like the idea that you have to have contribute something to this community before you can take advantage of some of the good deals you see on here. I support the rule, and do not plan on circumventing it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There's nothing wrong with selling a gun at a profit. When you become an "unlicensed gun dealer" though, that's between you and the ATF, not you and the mods and it's up to the ATF to enforce that (and believe me when I tell you they are watching). We have neither the time, the inclination, nor the responsibility to track every gun bought and sold on INGO.

If you are a licensed dealer operating as a business (of any kind, not just firearms), we just ask that you become an advertising supporter.

Thanks for making that clear. I was thinking unlicensed gun dealers might bring some heat to the site itself. Now I know exactly what to say when the subject comes up.;)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i agree that the classifieds are out of control to the point that i will not deal with it anymore. i too think it should be required to be a site supporter and at least 100 posts. although i do not know if it would help that much in the long run.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Some of you guys are acting like is a privilege to buy your guns/junk from you.:D

Last edited:

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    As you can see from my count...I am pretty new to site. I have the fewest posts from anyone that has replied to this tread so I can give a different view. I have been a memebr for a few weeks...plunty of time to get 50 posts. However, I do not know that much to give an opinion about a lot of things. I just like to read what others have to say and look around. I also like to look at classifieds just to see what is out there. Many of these people might be like me where they just dont have a lot to say, but that should not group us into a catagory of "rule breaker" or for people to look down upon me because I dont put a bunch of bs posts up like "nice gun, I hope you enjoy it". Posts like that mean nothing and should not even count. Unfortunitly they do and because people give credit to others with a higher post count, they will continue to put bs posts in. I am not arguing against the rule, I am just saying there are people out there such as myself that just do not want to post that much stuff.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As you can see from my count...I am pretty new to site. I have the fewest posts from anyone that has replied to this tread so I can give a different view. I have been a memebr for a few weeks...plunty of time to get 50 posts. However, I do not know that much to give an opinion about a lot of things. I just like to read what others have to say and look around.

"Contribution" does not mean "Expertise". Just have a conversation.

I also like to look at classifieds just to see what is out there. Many of these people might be like me where they just dont have a lot to say,

Unfortunately, you would be collateral damage. We can't stop the spammers and snipers and also allow you, because the spammers and snipers lie and cheat to get past the rules. We have to draw the line somewhere.

but that should not group us into a catagory of "rule breaker" or for people to look down upon me because I dont put a bunch of bs posts up like "nice gun, I hope you enjoy it". Posts like that mean nothing and should not even count. Unfortunitly they do and because people give credit to others with a higher post count, they will continue to put bs posts in. I am not arguing against the rule, I am just saying there are people out there such as myself that just do not want to post that much stuff.

Junk posts don't count towards your 50. We routinely trash junk posts like that for members who have under 50 posts because it's almost always a prelude to heading directly for the classifieds.

Also, a higher post count does not mean "more trustworthy", and if you think that's the case, then you've missed the point of the rule.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    As you can see from my count...I am pretty new to site. I have the fewest posts from anyone that has replied to this tread so I can give a different view. I have been a memebr for a few weeks...plunty of time to get 50 posts. However, I do not know that much to give an opinion about a lot of things. I just like to read what others have to say and look around. I also like to look at classifieds just to see what is out there. Many of these people might be like me where they just dont have a lot to say, but that should not group us into a catagory of "rule breaker" or for people to look down upon me because I dont put a bunch of bs posts up like "nice gun, I hope you enjoy it". Posts like that mean nothing and should not even count. Unfortunitly they do and because people give credit to others with a higher post count, they will continue to put bs posts in. I am not arguing against the rule, I am just saying there are people out there such as myself that just do not want to post that much stuff.

That's fine and I understand that, as long as you do not try to circumvent the rules like the OP stated you are not looked down upon and would not be in the category of "Rule Breaker".

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I dont put a bunch of bs posts up like "nice gun, I hope you enjoy it". Posts like that mean nothing and should not even count.

If we (Mods) see a member who has posted a bunch of "one-liners" like that in an effort to get to 50 posts, they will be removed. It happens daily. That said, we can't possibly see everything, and rely heavily on eagle-eyed members to report such abuses.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    WTS - Ruger 10/22 carbine

Site supporters and/or active contributing forum members - $200 obo

Inactive deal snipers and rule benders - $299.99 firm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Bump with price drop :):

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana

Amen
    Been here 6 months and I am still not there.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    I did not mean to offend the moderators, I should have added, I see the point in the rule, I just also happen to see the other side of it as well. I am glad that the 1 line posts get removed, but it makes it difficult for people like myself and kwatters to reach 50 if we only have good input towards something, I just dont have a lot of good input! lol. I am sure this rule will be argues as long as the site is open. and will get argued even more if the rule goes away.

Or I can just keep doing this to get more posts

A couple more like this and ill be there

I am not trying to be a jerk or mock the system, just proving my point that amount of posts doesnt really make you a more creditable person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Or I can just keep doing this to get more posts

A couple more like this and ill be there

I am not trying to be a jerk or mock the system, just proving my point that amount of posts doesnt really make you a more creditable person.

Your right it does NOT make you more credible in the least and puts you on the radar for not only the mods but also the members who care about the site.

Sometimes the oneliners get reported too just in case a mod didn't see them.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I enjoy reading the classifieds. Where else can you find a "LNIB" previously fired Glock for $600?? :):

But hey...it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

13407.jpg

But seriously...after reading the 3 or 4 threads over the past couple of days concerning someone feeling they have gotten screwed in the classifieds...it's a little disheartening knowing there are those that would take advantage...although I should know to expect it.

I wouldn't mind doing away with the minimum post count and making it length of membership instead. Say 6 months. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom