5 charged after 7-year-old special education student told to eat his own vomit at Brownsburg elementary school

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Now, for the unpopular opinion coming from someone who has watched his wife come home with black eyes, bruises, scratches and spit on daily for the last 23 years.....

Is this a kid who has intentionally forced a vomit onto these teachers before? Yes, it happens. I don't know what disability or behavioral issues this child has and we won't, but many sped kids could actually not be in sped with actual parents in the home no rewarding those bad behaviors.

I am not saying what they did is OK. I'm saying there is a lot more that goes on than likely any of you know or could begin to comprehend.

With that said, brownsburg has become just another overly large suburban mill.
    There is absolutely no excuse for any teacher to act in the manner described, none. Every profession has its difficulties, some more than others, but in no circumstance can anyone ever give even the slightest excuse for child abuse.

I understand you stated that it was not ok. The topic you brought up is, IMO, not material for this thread.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Or…if the child is unsafe to other children (first and foremost) and to the staff, they need to find another place for them.
    That has not happened at three of the schools that I personally know of with teachers in sped or lifeskills classes.

Seems the admin just don't know how to deal with the troubled ones. They leave them in because the parents are loud and cause trouble themselves.

It is a shame. I have seen the teachers come home with bruises and such on more than one occasion.

That being said...

If the job doesn't fit well for you then find another one. I know that they aids do not make bank. Hell the teachers don't either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That has not happened at three of the schools that I personally know of with teachers in sped or lifeskills classes.

Seems the admin just don't know how to deal with the troubled ones. They leave them in because the parents are loud and cause trouble themselves.

It is a shame. I have seen the teachers come home with bruises and such on more than one occasion.

That being said...

If the job doesn't fit well for you then find another one. I know that they aids do not make bank. Hell the teachers don't either.
    Oh I understand how the world is. I guess my comment was more of how it should be.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The stories I have heard make me want to cry at times. The way the parents deal with the children. The way the admin deals with the students and the parents and the teachers. The way a GOOD teacher tries to deal with all of the above. It's really sad.

Also for all the home school people I get it. My spouse set our kids up before they started school.

But then again, I personally know of a few home school families that should never have been allowed to do that.

Coins always have two sides I guess.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think you missed my point, there can be better options but little has gotten better in the last decade…
    No, believe me we didn't miss the point. She spent the previous 19 years in an extremely large Hamilton county district that is the epitome of all that is wrong with public schools. There are a lot of good rural districts that don't suffer from the city bs. Lumping those in with the others is just as ignorant as lumping all gun owners in the same pile as violent felons

Top Bottom