• ...and so much more!
  • M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I look at it this way (and I've never sold any ammo for profit):

Let's say that the market value for a brick is $60. Let's assume that the seller paid $25 for one, and lists it for sale for $60. Why is this wrong? Should someone who paid $300 for an ounce of gold be forced to sell it for that when the price of an ounce today is $1300? If I knew of a place where I could buy gold for $300 today, I'd buy it all and resell it -- and so would everyone else here. So why should someone sell a brick of .22LR for less than what the market will bear? If you want to blame anyone, it should fall squarely on the shoulders of those who pay large amounts for .22LR, as they are the ones controlling the market price.

Who would you rather have buying .22LR, someone who buys it for themselves (and removes it from the market) or a flipper who will return it to the market at market price? And if someone were to list a brick for $25 today, it would probably be bought up and resold for market price by someone else anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000

Let's say that the market value for a brick is $60. Let's assume that the seller paid $25 for one, and lists it for sale for $60. Why is this wrong? Should someone who paid $300 for an ounce of gold be forced to sell it for that when the price of an ounce today is $1300? If I knew of a place where I could buy gold for $300 today, I'd buy it all and resell it -- and so would everyone else here. So why should someone sell a brick of .22LR for less than what the market will bear? If you want to blame anyone, it should fall squarely on the shoulders of those who pay large amounts for .22LR, as they are the ones controlling the market price.

Who would you rather have buying .22LR, someone who buys it for themselves (and removes it from the market) or a flipper who will return it to the market at market price? And if someone were to list a brick for $25 today, it would probably be bought up and resold for market price by someone else anyway.

I've been saying this to friends for a while now. I only wish box stores and manufacturers would catch on to market price for a while to slow demand down at the source. I'm no market strategist nor do I play on on tv so I know it'll never happen. I like to think it would work though...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

Basic market economics is beyond the grasp of some folks, even on a gun forum. Emotional arguments are presumably more effective.

In any case, yes, this is how the market works. And when demand goes down, they won't be selling for $50-60 a brick (unless demand for brass, copper, lead, etc drive the price to that naturally).

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    When those selling bricks of .22's at outrageous prices can show a bona fide retail license and collect sales tax, and act as a retail establishment should then I'll agree with the "how the market works" theory.

Till then it's just a bunch of A' holes ripping folks off.

Same as scalpers selling tickets to the 500.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    When these deals go down you have 2 parties. The buyer and the seller. They both must agree for the sale to take place. If the sale does take place, it's because both are happy with the terms. Nothing else outside this equation matters in the least. Nor does it matter what anyone else thinks, says, or does about it. It doesn't concern them.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    When those selling bricks of .22's at outrageous prices can show a bona fide retail license and collect sales tax, and act as a retail establishment should then I'll agree with the "how the market works" theory.

Till then it's just a bunch of A' holes ripping folks off.

Same as scalpers selling tickets to the 500.

:lmfao:

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I have more of an issue with the people who are paying this amount for 22. Please educate them about cost and demand when you come across them if your not profiting of off these sales.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have more of an issue with the people who are paying this amount for 22. Please educate them about cost and demand when you come across them if your not profiting of off these sales.

"Educating" them about cost and demand of .22 ammo is the least of their problems. You've got 100,000,000 people in this country, (almost one third), who are broke, because they have lived their lives like financial idiots. I work with people my age, (early 60's), who have made good money their entire working lives, and they don't have a thing to show for it. One guy has $1,000.00 a month mortgage payments on a 30 year loan for a fixer upper. I don't understand how any of them sleep at night. These are most likely the same people standing in line to pay $75.00 a brick for .22's. Their financial lunacy knows no bounds. Yet another reason why this country is finished. This nation is becoming like an animal shelter full of inbred puppies.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    "Educating" them about cost and demand of .22 ammo is the least of their problems. You've got 100,000,000 people in this country, (almost one third), who are broke, because they have lived their lives like financial idiots. I work with people my age, (early 60's), who have made good money their entire working lives, and they don't have a thing to show for it. One guy has $1,000.00 a month mortgage payments on a 30 year loan for a fixer upper. I don't understand how any of them sleep at night. These are most likely the same people standing in line to pay $75.00 a brick for .22's. Their financial lunacy knows no bounds. Yet another reason why this country is finished. This nation is becoming like an animal shelter full of inbred puppies.

That is truly sad. I am very fortunate.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And if those single sales continue over and over a retail license is required otherwise the state law is being broken.

Same as if one was having a continuous garage sale going on for weeks and months at a time.

Don't believe it, check with the state.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    And if those single sales continue over and over a retail license is required otherwise the state law is being broken.

Same as if one was having a continuous garage sale going on for weeks and months at a time.

You sure do concern yourself with the legal nuances of other people's selling practices. If this is seriously the best argument you can come up with against 22 resellers.....well, it's weak.

Personally, I'd prefer to do away with retail licenses. But hey - I guess I prefer less government, not more.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona

Were you the guy who wanted the 8 year old girl put in jail for running a lemonade stand without a permit? :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You sure do concern yourself with the legal nuances of other people's selling practices. If this is seriously the best argument you can come up with against 22 resellers.....well, it's weak.

Personally, I'd prefer to do away with retail licenses. But hey - I guess I prefer less government, not more.

Big government is good if it can be used to achieve a desired end or to bolster an argument.

Top Bottom