• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    I’ve seen a pretty decent variety of 22 at Rural King in Muncie as mentioned in previous posts. A month or so ago I got 2 boxes of the Aguila Super Colibri just for fun.
    This week I scored 4 boxes of the Winchester 555 packs for right around $20 a box at Walmart on 96th St. They had around 16 and didn’t have a limit posted.
    While waiting on keys to the cabinet the Dept Mgr asked ‘So whatcha shootin’ at?’ I politely explained I have a range here at home. Didn’t think much of it until the Cashier up front ‘casually’ asked me the exact same question. I don’t know but I’m assuming they may have discussed asking customers that question in a team meeting or something... I guess I didn’t raise any red flags cause they sold it to me.
    I usually don’t buy much of that but turns out it is subsonic in my dedicated 3.5” .22 upper when suppressed. Makes for some cheap fun!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I went to 2 different Walmarts today in Indy and they had zero boxes of 22 LR.

I went to 3 different Walmarts a couple of weeks ago (Pendleton/Oaklandon area, E. Washingtion & S. Emerson (below 465) & came up dry.
    Rural King had some.

I did receive some ammo today sitting over by the door that I ordered from a tip from gmcttr. :thumbsup:
    Too lazy to even see what I ordered.
    After 5.5 hrs. at the range today with my new CZ 457 & an hour of driving time: too much like work! :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I went to 3 different Walmarts a couple of weeks ago (Pendleton/Oaklandon area, E. Washingtion & S. Emerson (below 465) & came up dry.
    Rural King had some.

I did receive some ammo today sitting over by the door that I ordered from a tip from gmcttr. :thumbsup:
    Too lazy to even see what I ordered.
    After 5.5 hrs. at the range today with my new CZ 457 & an hour of driving time: too much like work! :)

I have ordered so much ammo and firearms accessories in the last couple of months that it is like Christmas, because I forget what I ordered and don't know what's in the box until I open it.

:):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have ordered so much ammo and firearms accessories in the last couple of months that it is like Christmas, because I forget what I ordered and don't know what's in the box until I open it.

I am so laughing at that b/c just in the past 10 days I've received:
    - ammo x2
    - holster for XD-S 3.3"
    - rail for Henry Pump
    - rail for CZ Trainer
    - rings for Trainer
    - scope for Trainer
    - CZ rifle
    And, I'm probably forgetting something. :dunno:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

You're not the only one. I've got to cut back myself. I've got a wedding coming up for my youngest boy so that's eating into my extra cash.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    After the last rush for .22 was over and the supply was getting back to normal, I decided to build up a stock just in case folk panicked again. Wally World seemed to have a decent supply of Federal 550 boxes so with my already supply inventoried, I started buying as I thought reasonably smart to do. With 2 unopened boxes from the CMP, odds and ends of bricks, single boxes hear and there, it's pushing around 29 thousand. When the CMP was offering the 5000 per box, I got out my calculator for a bit of figuring. They turned out to be free for 2 boxes if I ordered 100,000 [freaked the wife out when she saw that bundle and I told her what is was and how many rounds were there], bumped up a bit for the other 90,000 and sold them all withing a couple of weeks. The Federal are just fine out of all my .22's as far as accuracy is concerned, and the CMP ammo is sealed enough to last under water if necessary. Money out the door for the majority of my small stash turns out to something on the order of $0.0388 per round. Yup, with way too many DumbocRATs in power in Washington, there might just be another shortage coming up in the future. Get'em while you can!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Sportsman's Guide is ZERO inventory of 22LR showing on site. Filter by "in stock" and you get NOTHING.

airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    Picked up a 500 round brick of CCI Standard velocity at Thunder Lakes in Angola today when the wife said "maybe you should get two". I learned over 49 1/2 years ago not to argue with her, so I bought two boxes and even bought her a new belly band holster. They still had 15 or 20 bricks left, but told us that was all they had.
    How is their gun selection? I have never been there...

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The guns were pretty well spaced out in the cases. Not many, but a few. Didn't shoot, but was given a tour of the range. This is a very nice facility. Clean and very well presented. Nice staff.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Yesterday the Walmart closest to me was out of 22LR and only had a little CCI 22 WMR. Pricing was, uh, interesting. They had 3 of the 50 rnds in the plastic cases $10.xx each or 2 of the old school 125 rnd cardboard milk cartons for $15.xx each.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sitting here trying to determine if I meet all the CMP requirements to buy a case (which I seem to). Now I see one needs to fill out that 2A form for purchase... which apparently requires a notary public to sign also.

I've never had to have anything notarized to buy from the CMP. Just had to meet their other requirements (for buying a rifle), but that allowed me to buy ammo too.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I did fill out CMP's form 2A and had it notarized (lady at work is qualified and did it for free).
    Wasn't absolutely sure I had to in order to order ammo, but WTH ... now I'm on file and can order from 'em whenever I want.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did fill out CMP's form 2A and had it notarized (lady at work is qualified and did it for free).
    Wasn't absolutely sure I had to in order to order ammo, but WTH ... now I'm on file and can order from 'em whenever I want.

Is that a new requirement? I swear I don't remember having to do that when I bought my rifle from them. Just had to meet all the other requirements (LTCH, Garand Collector's Association membership, birth certificate I think). It think that was in like 2012 or so, and I've slept since then. :):

Top Bottom