• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Were you in a van too? No one was there when we arrived and we were just driving back from checking out 300y range when a vehicle came by. I rolled down and made small talk for a few secs.

yes, first time there. Is the lake accessible in the warm weather for fishing? Seems grown up a bit now. Also, what are the rules on binary targets?

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Were you in a van too? No one was there when we arrived and we were just driving back from checking out 300y range when a vehicle came by. I rolled down and made small talk for a few secs.

yes, first time there. Is the lake accessible in the warm weather for fishing? Seems grown up a bit now. Also, what are the rules on binary targets?

Guys, our lake suffered badly after the 2008 flood and the cost to repair a fracture in the dam far exceeded the perceived worth of a 1 acre pond rarely used by anyone. We have since drained the pond below the area where the dam fractured and have no plans to repair the dam...pond is more of an overgrown swamp now...sorry.

As for Tannerite and other exploding targets...we DO allow them, but quantity should be equal to 1/4 pound of Tannerite or less. We have had some folks shoot off large quantities on the rear two pistol ranges and shower terrified shooters on the adjoining range with dirt. Larger charges also damage our backstop/berm areas, so again, please keep the quantity small.

Roger for the Board

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

If it was a gold Toyota minivan, that was indy1919a4. He got there right before I did. He would have been heading back there to the 300. I was in a Hyundai Elantra (silver) little station wagon kinda thing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was the sienna minivan parked by the first range.

Awesome news on the binary! I'll keep it small :):

no worries on the lake. I didn't see much about it and noticed the level seemed to be low for a while. Today made getting up on that frigid Jan 1 and dropping some cash completely worth it. I was grinning the whole time. My six year old took two breaks in the car to warm up. I kept plinking steel with his Crickett :D

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I was the sienna minivan parked by the first range.

Awesome news on the binary! I'll keep it small :):

no worries on the lake. I didn't see much about it and noticed the level seemed to be low for a while. Today made getting up on that frigid Jan 1 and dropping some cash completely worth it. I was grinning the whole time. My six year old took two breaks in the car to warm up. I kept plinking steel with his Crickett :D

I bought a Crickett for my grandson a year ago and topped it with a Crickett sourced scope (bought off Crickett website) later in the year for his birthday. That dang thing is an extremely accurate little setup. Bit short for even my short arms...but for a kid it's a great rifle and being bolt action they learn the process of feeding scarce ammunition!

Glad you made it out on Jan 1 as well...even at the prices the auctioned slots went for, if you look at it as a longterm investment, it feels better!!!

Roger

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sorry, missed this. We got there around 12:30 and were only ones there. Another man came shortly thereafter to the 300m range. My six year old rang the 60% torso from 100 yards, twice in a row with his Marlin. I hit it 12/13 times with the Crickett. That is a fantastic gun.

that right there is why I love this place. Can take the young one and they are welcomed and often helped by others. of course mine isn't so young anymore, but I remember when he was.

good looking boy doc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    [/B]

I bought a Crickett for my grandson a year ago and topped it with a Crickett sourced scope (bought off Crickett website) later in the year for his birthday. That dang thing is an extremely accurate little setup. Bit short for even my short arms...but for a kid it's a great rifle and being bolt action they learn the process of feeding scarce ammunition!

Glad you made it out on Jan 1 as well...even at the prices the auctioned slots went for, if you look at it as a longterm investment, it feels better!!!

Roger

I have 3 Crickets in the safe that will be shared by 4 Grand daughters. 3 is enough.....:)

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have 3 Crickets in the safe that will be shared by 4 Grand daughters. 3 is enough.....:)

My grandson's Crickett has a walnut stock. When my daughter was just a couple months pregnant with her daughter...I went and bought a pink synthetic stock version for her. Might be awhile before we give it a workout though...she is just 13 months now!

Roger

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Might need a new thread here, but I'm headed down in 15. Time to let the kid add some kinetic energy to an otherwise stable binary compound :ar15:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No video. Took me about 30 shots to hit it. Using a prescription bottle. The stuff was nearly 2y old and just went "poof" and didn't blow. Booo.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No video. Took me about 30 shots to hit it. Using a prescription bottle. The stuff was nearly 2y old and just went "poof" and didn't blow. Booo.

It was probably worn out from laughing at your "shooting"....it...it....it...just didn't have anything left. :laugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It was probably worn out from laughing at your "shooting"....it...it....it...just didn't have anything left. :laugh:

Hah, no kidding. I'm trying to see a prescription bottle 100y away with iron sights. aim small, miss big I guess. I wanted to get closer but rules are rules. If I had the 10/22 I think I could have done better with a scope and some magnification (and 50-round mag).

my six year-old busted a clay target we tucked on the holder. He loved that.

Top Bottom