• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I know of no better place to go. In the winter months on the 300 meter range when snow covered it's Heaven on earth. My hats of to the Board they have done a remarkable job Thankyou for the privilege

Glad you like the 300 M range, we appreciate feedback, especially positive!!! We are pretty happy with how that range turned out as well :) Here is a Currier & Ives type photo taken one year ago shortly after that range opened, looking back at the shooting shelter from the impact berm...it is the opening photo on our club's website:

Home - Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club

Presently we have a large steel gong at the 300 M mark, but will be adding steel this spring to the 100 yard and 200 yard points with mini berms at those points to contain misses and bullet splatter. This will shift some shooters off our well used 100 yard range and balance things out a bit better.

True side story...yesterday I had Jury Duty in Martinsville and during jury selection process the defense attorney asked me about club membership as I had noted on my jury questionnaire that I was involved with MSCC. In front of a full court room he says his dad just moved to the area and was looking for a place to shoot. I had to let him down easy! Despite that, I WAS chosen to serve on the jury!

Roger

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    True side story...yesterday I had Jury Duty in Martinsville and during jury selection process the defense attorney asked me about club membership as I had noted on my jury questionnaire that I was involved with MSCC. In front of a full court room he says his dad just moved to the area and was looking for a place to shoot. I had to let him down easy! Despite that, I WAS chosen to serve on the jury!

Roger

Thanks for not trying to get out of jury duty!

Hopefully he won't remember you if you ever need him! :)

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    $1500 is a lot of money. I can shoot for weeks on end at Atterbury for that much money...congrats to the club, you have 510 very happy members and an active group. Sounds like you have no trouble getting things done there too. I don't live close enough to even consider it, but apparently 510 people do! :-)

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Thanks for not trying to get out of jury duty!

Hopefully he won't remember you if you ever need him! :)

Funny, but I have been called for Jury duty 3 other times between Indiana and NY state where I once lived. Each time I got dismissed when they had the number of jurors needed. I was actually delighted to get chosen this time and despite the dread many people have with jury duty, I found it really interesting and learned a thing or two about our legal system.

Of course I was in and done within one day...not so sure I'd be quite as positive if it was one of those 6 week long trials that seem to grind on endlessly...that could mess up one's life!

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Went for a murder trial many years ago. Prosecutor [later a judge] ask me if I had any objections to serving, nope, what if the trial should last 4-6 weeks, would that propose a problem? Told him I was getting married up in Detroit in 3 weeks, up to you. But what if ? Told him I would leave the address where I would be staying in Detroit so he could get a hold of me if he needed to. The whole court room busted out laughing including the judge, messed his mind up so bad he told the judge he would accept me, and so did the defense attorney. Trial lasted just shy of two weeks. Would I have taken off? Not too long out of the Marine Corps, what do you think?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Not knocking your range at all, how can I, never been there. But I do question the $1500 dues.

I belong to a range in lower Mich. we have an active shotgun range with clay pigeons, don't know anything about that as I have little use for shotguns. We also have a covered pistol range, no specified lanes but I'm guessing it would hold at least 50/75 shooters. Also have a 300 yd. rifle range with 6 cement bench rest tables along with a heated shooter shack. Restrooms of course. Main building has full kitchen below and large banquent room upstairs.

Dues? $75 dollars a year and you need to be recommended by an existing member.

Also belong to the range where the NRA holds the National Small Bore matches, both Metric & Std. This range has camping available, 100 yds. backstop, covered firing line with 100 lanes available. Kitchen, scoring room, Range Officer Tower, restrooms. Also support a cowboy area and archery range which at present is not used.

Dues? $40 a year plus a charge for gate fee.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Not knocking your range at all, how can I, never been there. But I do question the $1500 dues.

I belong to a range in lower Mich. we have an active shotgun range with clay pigeons, don't know anything about that as I have little use for shotguns. We also have a covered pistol range, no specified lanes but I'm guessing it would hold at least 50/75 shooters. Also have a 300 yd. rifle range with 6 cement bench rest tables along with a heated shooter shack. Restrooms of course. Main building has full kitchen below and large banquent room upstairs.

Dues? $75 dollars a year and you need to be recommended by an existing member.

Also belong to the range where the NRA holds the National Small Bore matches, both Metric & Std. This range has camping available, 100 yds. backstop, covered firing line with 100 lanes available. Kitchen, scoring room, Range Officer Tower, restrooms. Also support a cowboy area and archery range which at present is not used.

Dues? $40 a year plus a charge for gate fee.

Dues are $100 per year (plus $50 first year for gate pass). They did auction off 10 memberships this year, which went for an average of $1500 (auctioned up, not set at that price, which just shows the demand this range has). They didn't keep the proceeds, they donated them to a youth shooting group? Not sure on that part, but they definitely didn't keep the proceeds.

I'm not a member, but would love to be. Unfortunately, that will probably not happen as I'm not paying $1500 for an auctioned membership, nor am I waiting 10 hours in line to get one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dues are $100 per year (plus $50 first year for gate pass). They did auction off 10 memberships this year, which went for an average of $1500 (auctioned up, not set at that price, which just shows the demand this range has). They didn't keep the proceeds, they donated them to a youth shooting group? Not sure on that part, but they definitely didn't keep the proceeds.

I'm not a member, but would love to be. Unfortunately, that will probably not happen as I'm not paying $1500 for an auctioned membership, nor am I waiting 10 hours in line to get one.

I didn't mind last year. Heck, that was the first time I'd seen midnight on New Year's Eve in a long time! :fogey: :): I went as a guest, even before they opened the 300 yard range, and I was sold. It's a little closer than Atterbury for me, and just love that it's not really busy, especially since I have every other Friday off and can get down there on a weekday. During the summer I can even run down after work if I want.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thought about camping this year, but decided the auction route. My father and I were both fortunate to get a membership via auction. Curious to see how they do next years based on the amount they raised for the kids.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    New 2015 members of the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club should receive their electronic gate cards today (Friday 1/30) or Sat. 1/31. They were all mailed on Wed. 1/28.

As stated previously, these gate cards will function for a full 12 months of access to the club...ie: 'til end Jan 2016. Of course if you renew in Nov/Dec. 2015 (highly recommended)...gate access will remain uninterupted and you will use same gate card for subsequent years.

Enjoy!

Roger for the Board

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Congrats to everyone that was able to make the cut on the limited number of available memberships this year and to those of you that purchased your membership via the auction thank you for supporting a worthy cause! I'm sure the kids appreciate it and for once the old mantra "think of the children" holds true value!:patriot:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    For the ones who purchased memberships via the auction, Thought I would let you know that the 4H group was and is ecstatic. They will be putting the money to good use. I work with one of the wives of the leaders, she was telling me about they excitement.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I may make a run down there today before the weather turns crappy Doc (and DoggyMama doesn't have other plans for me). Maybe I'll see you there! :) PM me if you're planning on going.

Sorry, missed this. We got there around 12:30 and were only ones there. Another man came shortly thereafter to the 300m range. My six year old rang the 60% torso from 100 yards, twice in a row with his Marlin. I hit it 12/13 times with the Crickett. That is a fantastic gun.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry, missed this. We got there around 12:30 and were only ones there. Another man came shortly thereafter to the 300m range. My six year old rang the 60% torso from 100 yards, twice in a row with his Marlin. I hit it 12/13 times with the Crickett. That is a fantastic gun.

We had to have been there at the same time! I got there around 12:15 and left around 2:20 or so. We were on the 300 yard range the whole time. Well, maybe we'll catch each other another time. This looked like the last decent day for awhile, so it was nice to take advantage of it. Was this your first time there? Nice isn't it? :D

Top Bottom