• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    Looking for some input. I have a 2012 Ram (well in 2 more payments it will be mine) that’s showing P0750 error code and stuck in limp mode (4th gear). Error code is L/R shift solenoid, I had it replaced under warranty at 93,000 miles 2 years (9/7/16) ago and now at 139,000 it just came up again, dealer said the part/repair has a 2 year warranty but I missed it by 6 days and they won’t do anything. Normally I would take it in because I don’t know anything about transmissions but sadly earlier today I just booked a cruise and airfare for my family of 6 so a $1500 repair will hurt this week. Dealer price for the part is $400 but I’m positive I can find aftermarket for cheaper but every site I check all have multiple parts numbers listed and say “may not fit your vehicle”.

Anyone know what part number to look for a guaranteed replacement? It’s a 4x4 crew cab Express 5.7 Hemi and the standard 6 speed auto trans (65RFE I believe is the model)

If I decide to fix it myself how involved is it? Looks like pull the harness, drop the pan, drop the valve body, unbolt the old solenoid and bolt in new one, bolt up valve body, then replace filter, gasket and refill. Is it really that easy? I’m pretty handy with cars but never attempted to even learn about transmissions.

Input from those in the know please!

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Its fairly easy to change yourself. Like you said, undo harness connector and drop the pan. You will have to drop the valvebody to change the solenoid block. It involves removing one filter screw. Torx 25 and then i believe 6 or 7 8mm valve body bolts. Then youll have roughly 12 or so torx 25 screws that secure the solenoid pack to the valvebody. I can probably get you that solenoid pack thru my supplier for $250-275. Its a brand new oem pack. I can check price in the morning to be certain however.

These tranmissions definitely have solenoid pack issues but they are also prone to internal failure as well. Fluid condition and if any debris will tell the tale most times.
    Let me know if you want me to price it out for you

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I want to say thank you to Mr. Kaufman, he not only saved me a fortune on the part but also fixed the transmission for a VERY VERY reasonable price. I can not say enough good things about him and his help.
    Thank you Mr. Kaufman

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I want to say thank you to Mr. Kaufman, he not only saved me a fortune on the part but also fixed the transmission for a VERY VERY reasonable price. I can not say enough good things about him and his help.
    Thank you Mr. Kaufman

You are more than welcome sir!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had a 2002 which was great, bought the 2012 new and the 2013 used a little over a year ago and they've all been great so far. Fingers crossed I won't need to do anything costly anytime soon!

Top Bottom