• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    In the spirit of my community, I just returned from the local Marsh where I bought groceries for myself and the lady in line in front of me. Her bill was less than $20 and she was freaking out because she couldn't locate her SNAP card in her purse. I was only there to get a bag of flour and some yeast for pizza crust tomorrow on my BGE, so I just told the cashier to add my things onto her order and I'll pay. I told the lady "happy holidays" and she said a tearful "thank you".

Oh, and she wasn't the same ethnic heritage as me either..... #alllivesmatter

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Prayers to all of those that want to see Goodness and Morality protected, whether you wear a uniform or not. But for this specific thread, prayers for those, and their families, that wear the uniform, for they are the ones that represent standing up for the Good.
    I will also pray for America, as I believe we are experiencing perhaps the greatest threat ever, and it is coming from within.
    God Bless, and Help, America!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing in those articles or videos that qualifies as rhetoric, from the last few weeks, that illustrates he is backtracking by condemning the murder of the officers in question. I don't like Sharpton, because I think he's an opportunist blowhard, but I've never know him to condone or incite violence.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing in those articles or videos that qualifies as rhetoric, from the last few weeks, that illustrates he is backtracking by condemning the murder of the officers in question. I don't like Sharpton, because I think he's an opportunist blowhard, but I've never know him to condone or incite violence.
    Google Freddie's Fashion Mart...
    Wasn't he also present for the crown Heights riots?
    all coincidental I'm sure.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne

I did not state that he condoned the murders, just that he set the stage and flued the fires until they got out of control, then he condemns them.
    Alternatively, in his position, he had the opportunity to incite calm, and peace in a community, but chose the opposite.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Internet postings showed "anger against the government": Man Who Killed Officers Told Passersby: 'Watch What I Am Going To Do' : The Two-Way : NPR

Think it went beyond "anger".

Boyce said Brinsley had "no gang affiliations" and made "no religious statements" on social media

ok then why did.......

He "asked their gang affiliations, said 'follow me on Instagram,' and then 'Watch what I'm going to do,' " Boyce said

Something is not adding up here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Google Freddie's Fashion Mart...
    Wasn't he also present for the crown Heights riots?
    all coincidental I'm sure.

While his language is certainly racial in nature. He never condoned or incited violence. People tend to play up his role, because he is much better known than Roland Smith. And I have no reservations in calling Sharpton a racist... in 1995. Hell, he may still be a racist today, but to look at an event from 20 years ago illustrate that as proof of who he is today is difficult to do. Two men I hold in very high regards were both unapologetic racists. George Wallace and Malcom X. Haley's autobiography of X was absolutely life changing, and George Wallace's transformation was equally inspiring. Now, Sharpton isn't close to holding the jockstrap to either one of those guys, but as I said, although he is an attention-seeking blowhard, I haven't seen him rally people to commit crimes or hurt other people.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ok then why did.......

Something is not adding up here.

...briefly spoke to two people on the street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area where the assault took place before proceeding to a patrol car where he shot officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu. He "asked [the two people on the street] their gang affiliations, said 'follow me on Instagram,' and then 'Watch what I'm going to do,' " Boyce said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...briefly spoke to two people on the street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area where the assault took place before proceeding to a patrol car where he shot officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu. He "asked [the two people on the street] their gang affiliations, said 'follow me on Instagram,' and then 'Watch what I'm going to do,' " Boyce said.

Yes that is the quote I read too.
    Why would he ask that question if he were not gang affiliated?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a great question, CM. Where do you think those kids in OWS come from? They come from college campuses across America. I don't believe in putting resources into those who have chosen the life of a criminal. I would rather put that money, time, and talent into kids who want to do good and are looking for direction. The 17-24-year old mind is the most impressionable and this is my sphere of influence. I must engage those with whom I can affect change. I will take this sector of fire and I can only trust that someone else it taking care of the other areas.

Understood.

I do not see anything changing the path of those already living "The lifestyle.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Understood.

I do not see anything changing the path of those already living "The lifestyle.

I know plenty of people who changed. My friends and family members who are law enforcement officers, community volunteers, teachers, and mentors, have helped to change a great deal of lives. It takes patience and the ability to see the value in all people, though. All will not change, but for those who do, it makes it worth it.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Coincidence? I doubt it. I don't believe in coincidence.

I expect it is yet another example of the bottom up, top down, inside out agenda of Saul Alinsky and his students.

Bathhouse Barry is unrestrained now...the next two years will be treacherous times indeed.

Yep, next thing you know he's going to declare martial law, suspend the Constitution, and not leave office (apply purple as needed)

Top Bottom