• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Yep, next thing you know he's going to declare martial law, suspend the Constitution, and not leave office (apply purple as needed)

I do not doubt he will leave office.

Regardless, assuming you are not familiar with Alinsky and bathhouse Barry's connections with his ideology you may want to spend some time doing some research.

H. Clinton, the much expected nominee to replace bathhouse Barry, is certainly familiar with it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sharpton was among the first people in NYC to condemn the murders of these two officers. That doesn't jibe with what we're hearing from his detractors.

You're joking, right? Where's the purple? Al Sharpton is a racist, race-baiting hate monger who says whatever he needs to on any particular occasion to further his agenda.

And as for the bastard who capped those two cops in NYC after advising others to "watch this", my idea of utopia would be seeing an armed citizen drop the POS like the sack of fertilizer he was before he pulled the trigger. Every time. Until these animals are eliminated from our generic pool.

Edit: this is yet again a failing of GFZ. The thug acted with impunity knowing the likelihood of an armed citizen confronting him was practically nil. Now, try the same thing in a" free" state and the scales tip a bit. Not much statistically I'm sure but it only takes one good with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun in most circumstances.

And I wonder how the thug decided who to tell on the street before he did the killing? Profiling, maybe?

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Edit: this is yet again a failing of GFZ. The thug acted with impunity knowing the likelihood of an armed citizen confronting him was practically nil. Now, try the same thing in a" free" state and the scales tip a bit. Not much statistically I'm sure but it only takes one good with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun in most circumstances.

How exactly does an armed citizen thwart an ambush?

And I wonder how the thug decided who to tell on the street before he did the killing? Profiling, maybe?

"Profiling?" Not exactly sure what that means, but if I was to take stab at it, I would bet that you are hinting that this murderer "profiled" black people because he thought they would support his despicable act, and not try to stop him. If true, I'm not sure many people black, white, red, yellow, brown, or rainbow striped would come to conclusion that a double murder is about to take place from the phrase "what this."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How exactly does an armed citizen thwart an ambush?

"Profiling?" Not exactly sure what that means, but if I was to take stab at it, I would bet that you are hinting that this murderer "profiled" black people because he thought they would support his despicable act, and not try to stop him. If true, I'm not sure many people black, white, red, yellow, brown, or rainbow striped would come to conclusion that a double murder is about to take place from the phrase "what this."

Whoa there, I'm on your side. The deceased scumbag wouldn't telegraph intentions of his despicable act to someone who appeared capable of stopping him, now would he? Nothing to do with color, that's you putting words in my mouth. And although highly improbable a good guy in the right place at the right time might have stopped this. Thus my " utopia " reference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoa there, I'm on your side. The deceased scumbag wouldn't telegraph intentions of his despicable act to someone who appeared capable of stopping him, now would he? Nothing to do with color, that's you putting words in my mouth. And although highly improbable a good guy in the right place at the right time might have stopped this. Thus my " utopia " reference.

Ok, sorry. I came at you wrong. This thread has irked me, and I unfortunately lumped you with some characters that's spout off a hateful agenda. I sincerely apologize.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm glad you clarified the "Utopia" angle. 100 people with guns drawn couldn't have stopped the shooter in this instance. And even if the cops had their weapons on their laps like Bo Dietl suggested on Fox the other night to Judge Janine they couldn't have saved themselves. It's great to live in the relatively free state of Indiana but it could just as easily happen here. (I gave a cop (I think) the "thumbs up" sign today. He was sitting in a mini van at a pharmacy. I think he was LE because the van had an FOP plate. He responded with a nod. I wouldn't for a minute approach him to try to shake his hand because I would fully expect him to be on alert and I wouldn't want to freak him out by approaching him. I feel for you boys and girls in blue who have to be wearing targets (uniforms) that might invite the unbalanced to go off on you.)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Would one of you LEOs explain the idea that a person resisting arrest has to be taken down hard and fast, ala Garner in NYC? I fully understand the officer safety angle if you're 1) semi-evenly matched, i.e. one-on-one; 2) a real threat of a hidden weapon that might be accessed if an arrest drags on too long, etc. In Garner's case LE had the advantage in numbers, there didn't appear to be a weapon on him and he was so grossly obese that it would seem apparent that he shouldn't spend much time on the ground like a beached whale. I would put him in the same category as a person with a handicap or someone advanced in age. In other words why couldn't he just be waited out, so to speak?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Would one of you LEOs explain the idea that a person resisting arrest has to be taken down hard and fast, ala Garner in NYC? I fully understand the officer safety angle if you're 1) semi-evenly matched, i.e. one-on-one; 2) a real threat of a hidden weapon that might be accessed if an arrest drags on too long, etc. In Garner's case LE had the advantage in numbers, there didn't appear to be a weapon on him and he was so grossly obese that it would seem apparent that he shouldn't spend much time on the ground like a beached whale. I would put him in the same category as a person with a handicap or someone advanced in age. In other words why couldn't he just be waited out, so to speak?

Every situation is different and you learn to read people. Some folks are not going to be talked into cuffs and the longer you give them to psych themselves up and formulate a plan, the more violent the inevitable conflict is going to be. Surprise early on may get them in cuffs easier and with less risk to both sides.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    While his language is certainly racial in nature. He never condoned or incited violence.
    Umkay.

Day before Crown Heights riots:
    “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"

Day of:
    The next evening, according to the sworn testimony of Efraim Lipkind, a former Hasidic resident of Crown Heights, Sharpton started agitating the crowd.
    “Then we had a famous man, Al Sharpton, who came down, and he said Tuesday night, kill the Jews, two times. I heard him, and he started to lead a charge across the street to Utica.”​

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm glad you clarified the "Utopia" angle. 100 people with guns drawn couldn't have stopped the shooter in this instance. And even if the cops had their weapons on their laps like Bo Dietl suggested on Fox the other night to Judge Janine they couldn't have saved themselves. It's great to live in the relatively free state of Indiana but it could just as easily happen here. (I gave a cop (I think) the "thumbs up" sign today. He was sitting in a mini van at a pharmacy. I think he was LE because the van had an FOP plate. He responded with a nod. I wouldn't for a minute approach him to try to shake his hand because I would fully expect him to be on alert and I wouldn't want to freak him out by approaching him. I feel for you boys and girls in blue who have to be wearing targets (uniforms) that might invite the unbalanced to go off on you.)

Just do the 'hands up, don't shoot' routine, and you're good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I see more and more about this on the news it just makes me sick. Literally.

In reading what many of you have posted I see so many ways to look at this mess. Yes, it is a mess. "Q" seems to be doing what he can to get some seeds planted towards change. It will take a long long time to move attitude of those living the life style anywhere near positive.

Kut mentioned put in the time. I agree but where. I have worked and mingled with the folks doing these things for years and they are dead set on the path. We are the enemy to many of them as we (society) make the rules that get in the way of the life style.

Phylo put this all in perspective for me as my attitude was becoming Jaded.

Mortega made some good points as did VUPDblue.

Our very own Okie girl is working as we speak to get everyone behind LE and try to effect some change.

Most every one of the people doing these things are repeat offenders that have long rap sheets yet we continue to just run them through the legal carwash and set them free time and time again..........this has to stop.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've been talking to young people for the last month about being good citizens and not waiting for the other person to extend a hand of friendship; forgiving and identifying misunderstandings disguised as impassable disagreement; and realizing that even with a change of mind and heart, there will be hurt, but realizing they can't control what others do, but they can control their response. The police in this area have partnered with this movement and have shown empathy and concern. This was HUGE! The students are gone, but I will do the same and take donuts in their stead.

Do parents not teach their children these things anymore? I was taught these things growing up, and I'm not that old (middle aged? almost middle-aged?). Has our society (including the core family structure in which such things are passed on) fallen so much in such short of a time?

Kudos to you for stepping into the void.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yup. I imagine that Christmas Day will bring a pile-o-sweets when I get to roll call at 1300hrs. Thanksgiving Day was just like that, mountains of cookies and other yummies all brought in by various community groups.

If you guys want to know a surefire way to let cops know they are appreciated, just tell them. It means the world when we are sipping coffee at the Quick-E-Mart or grabbing lunch at the McHeartattack and a random person comes up and simply wants to say "thank you"....plus that doesn't make us fatter...it's less delicious, but better for the belt-line. :D

Then some of y'all need to start accepting my offer to buy your coffee for you. :) (Unless it's a policy thing?) At least three different Starbucks, in three different cities, I've offered, and always get politely declined.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Northwest district headquarters is 3821 Industrial Blvd..... just sayin'! :p DonutBank is legit!
    I might just act on that tip

Looks like my office is in the north district, not northwest. I'll need to consider that as well.

I received a very quick response the one time I called, and an even faster response the one time I had a false holdup alarm (sorry about that!)

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    While his language is certainly racial in nature. He never condoned or incited violence. People tend to play up his role, because he is much better known than Roland Smith. And I have no reservations in calling Sharpton a racist... in 1995. Hell, he may still be a racist today, but to look at an event from 20 years ago illustrate that as proof of who he is today is difficult to do. Two men I hold in very high regards were both unapologetic racists. George Wallace and Malcom X. Haley's autobiography of X was absolutely life changing, and George Wallace's transformation was equally inspiring. Now, Sharpton isn't close to holding the jockstrap to either one of those guys, but as I said, although he is an attention-seeking blowhard, I haven't seen him rally people to commit crimes or hurt other people.

I agree with this. Sharpton is, more than anything else, a self-interested opportunist. That his opportunism leads to certain collateral damage doesn't change the fact that Al Sharpton's primary intent is to promote Al Sharpton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do parents not teach their children these things anymore? I was taught these things growing up, and I'm not that old (middle aged? almost middle-aged?). Has our society (including the core family structure in which such things are passed on) fallen so much in such short of a time?

Kudos to you for stepping into the void.

Parenting is the hardest job we can take on. It is never ending. We will "Always" be parents.
    Many alleged parents these days are not up to the task at hand. When my kids were in school none of their friends had chore. They just ran amok. Many spoke poorly to their parents. If you let a child act in this manner they will always act in this way. I had a few very deep conversations and confrontations with some of those kids when I coached. Smart a$$es. Then you meet the parents and find it is genetic.
    Honor is not taught these days or so it seems. Morality is slipping as well. Not all family's of course but enough to make a mark.

Top Bottom