• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    16" with no emotional attachment or high tech gadgets. That way you can drag it around everyday and not worry about legalities, finish, function or the ever present risk of theft from a vehicle...

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    16" with no emotional attachment or high tech gadgets. That way you can drag it around everyday and not worry about legalities, finish, function or the ever present risk of theft from a vehicle...

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isnt it illegal to have a loaded rifle in your vehicle in Indiana?
    If that IS the case, I would go with an AR Pistol simply because you can keep it loaded legally everywhere you go.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but isnt it illegal to have a loaded rifle in your vehicle in Indiana?
    If that IS the case, I would go with an AR Pistol simply because you can keep it loaded legally everywhere you go.

I am not aware of any such requirement. Only thing would be during hunting season and you have a spot light and getting questioned by the dnr about illegally taking game. But otherwise, to my knowledge, you can have a loaded rifle in your truck. Hell you can walk down the street with it loaded.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'd go with a 16", non pinned barrel. Carbine or middy, whatever floats your boat or whatever is cheaper. Im not a fan of pinned on permanently attached stuff. If it has to be 16", might as well take advantage of the reliability and ease of swapping parts.
    I like short barrels, but I'd go 16" first. Buy quality parts and you will thank yourself down the road.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd go with a 16", non pinned barrel. Carbine or middy, whatever floats your boat or whatever is cheaper. Im not a fan of pinned on permanently attached stuff. If it has to be 16", might as well take advantage of the reliability and ease of swapping parts.
    I like short barrels, but I'd go 16" first. Buy quality parts and you will thank yourself down the road.

Nobody pins a 16" barrel. They pin a 14.5" and a flash hider to make it 16", but nobody starts with a 16" barrel and then pins it to anything.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My bad, maybe I misread something. Didn't sound like you knew that, but sounds like we're on the same page.

Top Bottom