• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Probably get as many different answers as folks who respond. Partial to Kimber myself. I use Wilson Combat mags in my Kimbers and they function flawlessly with most ammo I've tried so far.

jitterydragon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    I have a IAC 1911A1 that i bought a few months ago they range from 6 to 800 bucks and they are great shooters and it will feed hollow points very well without having the feed ramp machined down they are made with good steel

jitterydragon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    check out ebay for grips I have seen USMC grips on there reasonabley priced also I have a set of american legend rosewood pachmayr grips that i have seen on there to I would highly recomend those very comfortable grips and make it extremely easy to mantain your recoil

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no doubt, especially with a Springer TRP or Trophy. Sorry, I know there are folks, certainly not me, who can do this consistently. But when I read about the popcans on the hill my BS alarm went off. I could be wrong.

I can hardly see a pop can at that distance. We are not over achievers. It is just something we like doing. It is obvious at that distance how much variance there is in factory ammo. Some fall short or swing wide. That accounts for some of the misses but not all of them.
    We set up a full size Danica Patrick display at 80 yds and wore it out with .45's
    It was an overall improvement.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I use Wilson Combat mags in my Kimbers and they function flawlessly with most ammo I've tried so far.

+2.

It took me some diddling around to figure out that even after sending tons of rounds and having the feed ramp of the 3" polished, that the finicky "HP" deal was completely eradicated by a simple mag swap. I lurve WC mags!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again, depends on how true to original design you want to keep it.
    *click*click*click*...

Love it.
    I am teaching my grand daughter pistol safety and handling on my Colt cub 6 shooter I have had since 14 yrs. old. When she cocks it she calls out C-O-L-T for every click. Hilarious.

Top Bottom