• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Glock's....The Nissan Sentra's and Honda crotch rockets of the handgun world...1911's the muscle cars and Harley's of the handgun world...Both have their place...It just depends on what's important to you....

a610d6daee1265178c284cc03b6cf8f2.jpg

Glock.....

1969camarossblue-l-809559300342f2e8.jpg

honda-cbr500r-crotch-rocket.jpg

Glock.....

231f71d960c822f08a630605cf4fcdef.jpg

#IAm1911

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Glock's....The Nissan Sentra's and Honda crotch rockets of the handgun world...1911's the muscle cars and Harley's of the handgun world...Both have their place...It just depends on what's important to you...

See I feel like it's opposite... 1911's are like the highly customized super performance modded out "ricers" or the Honda's and crotch rockets of the world.
    While Glocks are the more simple and simplistic muscle car or harley that aren't all full of "high performance" or many part but are more simple with less parts/easier operation.
    I think it's just hard for 1911 guys to think this way because their guns are classics just like the muscle cars and Harley's they also like and would rather be associated with...

It's all about perspective I suppose. I mean heck I like it all, the cars, the bikes, and the guns!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See I feel like it's opposite... 1911's are like the highly customized super performance modded out "ricers" or the Honda's and crotch rockets of the world.
    While Glocks are the more simple and simplistic muscle car or harley that aren't all full of "high performance" or many part but are more simple with less parts/easier operation.
    I think it's just hard for 1911 guys to think this way because their guns are classics just like the muscle cars and Harley's they also like and would rather be associated with...

It's all about perspective I suppose. I mean heck I like it all, the cars, the bikes, and the guns!

The 1911 platform is right in line for the way I think.
    I mod/alter everything. Bikes/cars/guns/woma.......oh wait, wrong forum.
    The 1911 just screams to be Hot-Rodded.
    I have a few very good friends that live by the Glock. They put every toy they can get on them. They run very well. They are very accurate for Glocks by comparison to out of the box guns.
    All this and they are still not handsome. They are at best utilitarian. I have learned to appreciate all that is positive about them. I am just not a fan.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Some people take anything said on the Internet as the gospel. Many who say they "hate" a 1911 have not even shot one. There are a couple on this forum who had their minds changed.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I see it as it takes somebody who knows what they are doing to make them run right, 1911's and classic cars and motorcycles. Glocks and tuner cars can be worked on by about anybody with a hammer.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    1. It's not bait, it is called sushi and it is delicious.

2. Because that's how one becomes cool. One rebels against the establishment. The first generation teachers in the shadow of Cooper used the 1911. So, how to become cool? Hate your dad.

^^THIS^^

I will go on and add, it kills me how the "instructor" with their cult following and own youtube account (and most just regurgitate what few other courses they have been too)
    comes out against the 1911. Guess they know more (in their own mind) than FBI SWAT, FBI HRT, LAPD SWAT US Army Delta and others that use the 1911.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Glock's....The Nissan Sentra's and Honda crotch rockets of the handgun world...1911's the muscle cars and Harley's of the handgun world...Both have their place...It just depends on what's important to you....

a610d6daee1265178c284cc03b6cf8f2.jpg

Glock.....

1969camarossblue-l-809559300342f2e8.jpg

honda-cbr500r-crotch-rocket.jpg

Glock.....

231f71d960c822f08a630605cf4fcdef.jpg

I was going to say Glocks are the Kalashnikovs of the handgun world. They DO go bang. Personally I find that their slab-sided grips are ergonomically inferior and their triggers are like 6.5 pound toggle switches.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    After Man, when the giant rats are battling the giant cockroaches for world domination, they will be shooting at each other with AK-47s and Glocks.
    Yeah, like the giant rats and cockroaches of 3rd world dictators do today.:): They DO go bang. I hear Hi-points are reliable too

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What if someone likes 1911s AND Glocks?? Maybe I have bipolar disorder or something?? :):

I believe that would be bi-caliber syndrome. I wouldn't call it a disorder.
    BTW-I don't think there are any true 1911 "haters". Those are like unicorns. They just don't exist.
    There may be some would don't want to admit it publicly, but...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    ^^THIS^^

I will go on and add, it kills me how the "instructor" with their cult following and own youtube account (and most just regurgitate what few other courses they have been too)
    comes out against the 1911. Guess they know more (in their own mind) than FBI SWAT, FBI HRT, LAPD SWAT US Army Delta and others that use the 1911.

Hit the nail right on the head!

All I can say when I heard the clown was wow. I must be an idiot for carrying a 1911!

As far as I known my 1911 has fed every thing from the cheap stuff to the high dollar ones. It just about aims its self. I put the front sight on target and pull the boom switch and the lead lands right where its supposed to. The only thing I have done to mine is change change the grips because I did not care for the thin grips. I think I will skip the clowns videos and watch Hickock45 instead. He doesn't use profanity and seems to be objective.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You know I am watching this right.....any time......the range.

You beat up on my favorite platform all the time. Lets get-em out to the range and run them. Capacity means so little in the real world. Hit what you are shooting at. Oh, and yes, they make a great bludgeon.

Take my plain Jane Kimber II with you for the comparison too.. I had CM put in real steel ignition group but nothing other than that. That was just for my preferences. Not a modification or tuning it up to make it go bang most of the time.
    It's 100% reliable. Only cleaned when I bought it used. I've put well over 1,500 rds through it without a glitch. It'll do it over and over.
    1911s are a good format no matter what some bearded wonders want to spew and promote

Top Bottom