• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok since I really like my new 1911 I have been doing some research etc watching videos and such. One of the things I cant believe is the amount of disdain some have for them. Some of the videos even state how a 1911 will never be reliable and how I would only carry a ........
    because they will never malfunction and they carry more rounds.

Really why all the hate? Now that I found the right holster belt combination I carry mine with complete confidence. If the 1911s are so bad why are so many in production still?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok since I really like my new 1911 I have been doing some research etc watching videos and such. One of the things I cant believe is the amount od disdain some have for them. Some of the videos even state how a 1911 will never be reliable and how I would only carry a ........
    because they will never malfunction and they carry more rounds.

Really why all the bate? Now that I found the right holster belt combination I carry mine with complete confidence. If the 1911s are so bad why are sk many in production still?

Most of those guys are selling something, just idiots.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Really why all the bate?

1. It's not bait, it is called sushi and it is delicious.

2. Because that's how one becomes cool. One rebels against the establishment. The first generation teachers in the shadow of Cooper used the 1911. So, how to become cool? Hate your dad.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    2. Because that's how one becomes cool. One rebels against the establishment. The first generation teachers in the shadow of Cooper used the 1911. So, how to become cool? Hate your dad.

Now that is an interesting take....Very astute and probably a bit of truth in there...More than a bit actually...

As far as sushi goes? Yuck....Here is a question for you to ponder...

"What percentage of the victims of the TV show "Monsters inside me" got their monster inside them from eating sushi?"

It appeared she was suffering from Anisakis. It normally infects sealions. When inside humans it can be very dangerous. This type of worm is more dangerous DEAD than alive! Once inside, the worms burrow but can get stuck and eventually die, causing obstruction. Immune response is huge and kicks in and surrounds the dead worm.
    They showed a dissection of a fish infected with this parasite and you could clearly see the worm.
    The safest way to prepare fish is cooking it thoroughly to avoid infection. They don’t survive in frozen fish, they die. But undercooked, you are at risk.
    They believe this disease could be on the rise because of more people eating raw fish, ie., sushi. It is only when this parasite finds itself in the wrong host, ie., human, that it can be deadly. When these worms die, they cause massive immune system response and this can be dangerous.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    . If the 1911s are so bad why are so many in production still?

Why , because MERICA ! In my best Mars Hillbilly twang .

It's an antique , a horribly over complicated hunk of steel .

Working on your truck and need a wheel chock , 1911's work great for that .

Lost your hammer , 1911's work great for that .

Need to kill a week making your gun run like it should and spending as much in parts and labor as you payed for it ,1911's work great for that .

Need a new doorstop , 1911's work great for that .

If your the type of guy who thinks if you needed more than 7 rnds , it wasn't your day anyway , 1911's work great for that

If you want a gun that works like it should right out of the box , in ALL environments , with WHATEVER kind of ammo you feed it and capacity enough for multiple threats , GLOCKS ARE GREAT FOR THAT .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Need to kill a week making your gun run like it should and spending as much in parts and labor as you payed for it ,1911's work great for that .

If your the type of guy who thinks if you needed more than 7 rnds , it wasn't your day anyway , 1911's work great for that

If you want a gun that works like it should right out of the box , in ALL environments , with WHATEVER kind of ammo you feed it and capacity enough for multiple threats , GLOCKS ARE GREAT FOR THAT .

You know I am watching this right.....any time......the range.

You beat up on my favorite platform all the time. Lets get-em out to the range and run them. Capacity means so little in the real world. Hit what you are shooting at. Oh, and yes, they make a great bludgeon.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I always laugh at the reliability complaint. I've seen more Glocks malfunction than I have 1911s. I was at a shoot Sunday, plenty of 1911s all shapes, sizes, brands, stock, heavily modified. None malfunctioned.

As a shooter, I love all firearms, some more than others. But if it goes bang, count me in for at least one mag (unless it's a little pink hello kitty purse pistol). :mods:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Glock's....The Nissan Sentra's and Honda crotch rockets of the handgun world...1911's the muscle cars and Harley's of the handgun world...Both have their place...It just depends on what's important to you....

a610d6daee1265178c284cc03b6cf8f2.jpg

Glock.....

1969camarossblue-l-809559300342f2e8.jpg

honda-cbr500r-crotch-rocket.jpg

Glock.....

231f71d960c822f08a630605cf4fcdef.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always laugh at the reliability complaint. I've seen more Glocks malfunction than I have 1911s. I was at a shoot Sunday, plenty of 1911s all shapes, sizes, brands, stock, heavily modified. None malfunctioned.

As a shooter, I love all firearms, some more than others. But if it goes bang, count me in for at least one mag (unless it's a little pink hello kitty purse pistol). :mods:

And those 100 year old designs were drilling.

Oh, I am good with pink, it makes me feel, well, pretty.....:)

Top Bottom