• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Okay, I am sure that there are threads about this somewhere else but i dont know how old they are.

I am just wondering what is with the recent fascination with zombies, i have seen t.v shows were people are preparing for a zombie apoclypse. And people are continuosly talking of them on here (INGO). :rockwoot:

So if you can help me out :):

:patriot: :ingo:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I like definition 4 in Websters. Zombie: someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way.
    In other words people who choose not to think for themselves. As far as talking about "prepping" or similar topics the use of the word zombie implies a known threat.In this case a zombie still fits into the definition above,but also since they did not prepare or think ahead more than 5 minutes at a time before an emergency they turn to those that did,usually in a violent way. After all they still have families and other zombies which need the basics to survive. So the grocery store has no food,a good part of the population would then qualify as a "zombie".The reason does not matter(for the store being out of food).You have lots of people who just realized they may well starve.This makes them dangerous to those that have prepared.IE they are likely to do anything to survive,hence they become zombies(a monster with the desire of nothing more than to feed).
    PS.political party has nothing to do with it.
    Hope that helps.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Honestly I cannot really tell whether it is tongue in cheek or heartfelt concern but it is my impression that some really feel that "zombies" are a real possibility.

It is my opinion, which may really depress some people, that if we have a massive infection of the populous, that they will end up laying prostate on the road or dead in their homes before they become hyperactive mindless flesh eating entities.

This may fly in the face of Hollywood culture, but illness is illness.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I like definition 4 in Websters. Zombie: someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way.
    In other words people who choose not to think for themselves. As far as talking about "prepping" or similar topics the use of the word zombie implies a known threat.In this case a zombie still fits into the definition above,but also since they did not prepare or think ahead more than 5 minutes at a time before an emergency they turn to those that did,usually in a violent way. After all they still have families and other zombies which need the basics to survive. So the grocery store has no food,a good part of the population would then qualify as a "zombie".The reason does not matter(for the store being out of food).You have lots of people who just realized they may well starve.This makes them dangerous to those that have prepared.IE they are likely to do anything to survive,hence they become zombies(a monster with the desire of nothing more than to feed).
    Hope that helps.

It doesn't sound like you take zombies seriously enough...

I heard there will be a zombie invasion at the range this weekend...I will have to post some pics of how bad we slaughter them :ar15::ar15::ar15::rockwoot:

I thank you for your service, Sir.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The recent phenomenon can be traced to Nov. 3, 2008.

Washington has been plagued with Zombies in three-piece suits for the last few decades. There have been many attempts at removing these vile creatures, but they are replaced by new ones immediately. It does not look like they are going away anytime soon. :cool:

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I would say it would be from the video game Call of Duty: World at War. After you beat the game it unlocks an extra game mode called Nazi Zombies. Extremely fun and addictive! haha

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    My personal reference to zombies is this:

Zombies are real. They are made using depressants and hallucinogenic drugs and used in Central and South America for slave labor.

These drugs often give the zombie a pasty, dead look, and the zombie is then used for slavery. Very suggestible, but accounts I've read say they can also be violent and immune to pain.

I liken this phenomena to the drug culture which is growing every day. From uppers to downers to hallucinogens, these people are usually drugged up in some way or another, and if they decide to get violent, they are rather hard to stop. Many times they are unaware that they've been cut, stabbed, had a joint broken, been shot, etc, and more times than not exhibit superhuman strength.

They are, for all intents and purposes, zombies. Not the type seen in movies, but self-created through drugs, the same as on the plantations on the southern part of the continent.

Josh <><

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Instead of attempting to rationalize like many have above and give a legitimate explanation...

A zombie apocalypse is an awesome concept. I'm sure many have seen Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, etc... It's a great concept that it is an apocalypse which rids us of meaningless values ( IE: money, material possessions, etc )

It simplifies life, and lots of stupid people will be gone. :)

I know I wouldn't mind if it happened. I've got enough of a plan and supplies to rough it out for quite some time.

Don't let em fool you on here. It's a fascination on the bored with life level and would provide a chance for us to use our weapons and knowledge. ( Not to mention, zombies don't shoot back. ) Life would be exciting day in and day out, which is more than I can say for the always getting screwed, dull, pain in my ass day to day life I live currently.

emmitsmithxd9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Hope that helps.

Great Explanation! :rockwoot:
    This cleared everything up for me, i have seen the video saying that a zombie is a democrat or just a political figure in general, but it didnt make perfect since. This definitley does, thanks for the help :rockwoot:

Now I can understand what you guys talk about, here on :ingo:

:cheers:

To the rest, thank you to all your deffinitions just further explaining smokinman's defintion.

:patriot::ingo:

Top Bottom