• ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Necro for 50 much? :D

FWIW, if you don't mind the mildly corrosive issue, it is great ammo. Especially when you are at a range or match that wants non-magnetic ammo. However, it wouldn't surprise me if this stuff is starting to dry up for good.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    not a fan of the corrosive stuff

Did you have a bad experience with this or similar ammo that uses corrosive components? Perhaps a firearm didn't get well cleaned after shooting some? Some more information would really make for a quality, and significantly more interesting, post.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I really hope you mean douse... LOL!

:D

well.. yes.. and no.. im pretty liberal with the stuff. tis why we clean long guns and pistols outside. the brake cleaner neutralizes the salts from the primer in the barrel, and does pretty well with cleaning out the rest of the gunk.

in the pistols, once again, we go nuts with the stuff. trigger groups, barrels, etc.

if you decide to try it, make SURE you get NON-chlorinated brake cleaner. then follow with your clp / lubricant of choice. :D

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    The point of buying ammo sealed in a tin is that it will keep for many years.

Being corrosively primed will actually add to the life span of the ammunition.

It is not everyday plinking ammo however it can be used for that.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Again though, I really think the stuff is drying up. Has anybody seen it in stock at any place since about March?

All the walmarts in the southern IN area carry steel cased stuff for $4.67 a box last I checked, and it is always in stock. As much as I hate shopping there, none of the LGS can even come close to that price.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    All the walmarts in the southern IN area carry steel cased stuff for $4.67 a box last I checked, and it is always in stock. As much as I hate shopping there, none of the LGS can even come close to that price.
    Not talking about the Tula/Wolf/Bear Russian imports, talking specifically the Yugo surplus.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    bought 2 cases of it and 400 rds of .308 at wideners 3 weeks ago was a smoking deal till they added $95 for shipping.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The point of buying ammo sealed in a tin is that it will keep for many years.

Being corrosively primed will actually add to the life span of the ammunition.

It is not everyday plinking ammo however it can be used for that.

True.

But when it was cheaper I didn't blink an eye at burning through a bunch of it. Now, like you said, I'll save it for a rainier day.

Top Bottom