• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Survival meds in a case.

Would you purchase a survival med kit and pay to keep the meds restocked?

The deal is each year, when the meds expire, a new supply is shipped to you and then you ship back the old meds for destruction. If you fail to do this, your refills will stop.

These would include emergency pain meds, various drugs and other similar products.

I priced out my idea and its about $800 plus the first year and about $600 per year after. Much more if you have special medical needs.

If I used a family member for an example: That kit would be in excess of $45,000 per year.

Pricing depends on quantity purchased-It gives me a headache when I go over the numbers......

The problem:

Almost no doctors will do with this, so getting an RX to fill it is almost impossible.

The good news:

I have access to wholesale meds so the price is reduced, but the RX to dispense is missing.

How can we make it work?

a partial list of the meds

Meds
    Epinephrine 2 units-
    Rocephin – (injectable) doubtful to obtain
    Cipro
    Septra
    Keflex
    Prednisone
    Vicodin / norco / lortab
    Doxycycline
    Flagyl
    Amoxicillin
    Tamiflu - oseltamivir
    Relenza - zanamivir
    vermox - worms
    lomotil – diarrhea
    phenergan
    Effective burn medicine

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol good idea but definitely no doctor is gonna let you get vicodin/norco/and lortab's just to put in a kit. i have known mine for ever and she said he@@ no when i asked her for certain things for bug out meds. she also thinks i am eccentric is how she put it lol.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    disclaimer: im not admitting to doing this or recomending it, im just gonna say its possible if you knew proper dosing etc. if SHTF and you have a staff infecton i guess you will take what you can get.

TRACTOR SUPPLY sells anti-biotics for animals. they ARE top grade drugs. same as your doctor would give but with different packaging and doses, and some are intraveinious. (for animal use only of coarse)

thats all i gotta say about that :)

if you ever take an anti-biotic (prescribed by a doctor) then you must finish it all.

I would NEVER take ANY medicine not prescribed by a doctor, even if it meant i was gonna die but the medicine was right in front of me.

we are talking hypothetical here. we are talking end of the world as we know it type scenarios. people will do anything they can to live. i hope no one takes what im saying the wrong way.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    in a SHTF world, pot will be growing everywhere, so theres your pain med and anti-nausea medicine. you can even make your own alcohol EASY if you needed pain med that bad.

i think in SHTF the most important drug will be anti-biotics. and a good dentist will be a must!!!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The pain meds are always a problem, thus the return and refill requirement.

Also, and idea that I'm checking into property of the doctor product with a coded lock that the doctors gives the code to open for dispensing.

You would cry if you saw the prices of 500 and 1,000 pills at wholesale for most of these drugs. They are almost making money on the 4 buck meds with all the overhead still tacked on......

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    in a SHTF world, pot will be growing everywhere, so theres your pain med and anti-nausea medicine. you can even make your own alcohol EASY if you needed pain med that bad.

i think in SHTF the most important drug will be anti-biotics. and a good dentist will be a must!!!

:+1: on the antibiotics and dentist.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Not a bad idea. Due to the fact that it will never happen though, I've considered going "underground" and stocking the animal meds mentioned (for my pets and livestock of course), and storing a supply of things like cocaine (painkiller, local, etc...), heroin (sedative, painkiller, etc....), and already have a fair supply of everclear but would like the cheaper bulk lab alcohol.....

All of this is hypothetical of course and I would never risk my "law abiding citizen" status.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm insulin dependent. Insulin must be kept refrigerated and won't keep for really long periods. In other words, once the good stuff runs out, I'm screwed unless someone is still making it. Guess I'll take point. :ar15:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm insulin dependent. Insulin must be kept refrigerated and won't keep for really long periods. In other words, once the good stuff runs out, I'm screwed unless someone is still making it. Guess I'll take point. :ar15:

at least your a man about it. If SHTF you can meet up with me, we will find you what you need. I like your attitude! :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    at least your a man about it. If SHTF you can meet up with me, we will find you what you need. I like your attitude! :rockwoot:
    Thanks. I WILL seriously keep that in mind. I've given a lot of thought to my situation when it comes SHTF time. Really haven't come to a final conclusion yet. I know my survival contributes to my family's survival but at some point I may become a burden as well. So first priority is to get them set up as much as possible while I am still able.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    My suggestion would be find a RN or a doc if SHTF. If you can get ahold of me, I might be able to give you some suggestions that would help with your insulin dependency...

Thanks. I WILL seriously keep that in mind. I've given a lot of thought to my situation when it comes SHTF time. Really haven't come to a final conclusion yet. I know my survival contributes to my family's survival but at some point I may become a burden as well. So first priority is to get them set up as much as possible while I am still able.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Wasn't insulin harvested from pigs at one time? What was the process involved with that? I think another source of medicines may end up being natural, plant based...maybe not as effective as we are used to, but most medicines do have a "primitive" base to their development. Might be handy to have some chemistry equipment and science books.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wasn't insulin harvested from pigs at one time? What was the process involved with that? I think another source of medicines may end up being natural, plant based...maybe not as effective as we are used to, but most medicines do have a "primitive" base to their development. Might be handy to have some chemistry equipment and science books.
    Yes, it was, and from cows too. I'm not familiar with the process involved. The thing is, insulin is not medicine or a drug, it's a hormone. I'm no expert, but this would seem to make a plant based substitute impossible.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    pig pancreas is a good source. Years back, I was in a huge cold storage site for Lilly with them stored in racks to 25 feet. Somehow they "cooked" it out in vats and then made the drug.....

Top Bottom