• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Complete non-issue. It's not illegal to shoot yourself, on purpose or on accident. There's no "confiscation" that occurs. It doesn't make you a prohibited person. If you don't say you never reported it, the doc will probably just assume you did.

You were overthinking it then, you're more overthinking it now.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Might have told this before, had a steel plate hanging at the proper angle for lead bullets only. No problem, it was across a small creek at my father in laws. The lead would wash out after a rain and I would go down into the creek to retrieve it for remelting/casting.
    Finished shooting one day and reloaded the 1911 with FMJ rounds. Jumped into the creek for the lead. Saw the plate and without thinking fired at it. Now I was much lower and straight on to the plate. The FMJ slug hit me in the belly roll above my belt. It went thru the sweatshirt, denim shirt, and T shirt I was wearing and lodged about an inch deep under my skin. Stayed on my feet but it felt like a hammer to the gut. Pylled the shredded slug out with my fingers.

Wife at the time was a former Air Force trauma nurse, she knew what gunshot wounds looked like. I went home and cleaned it and started some antibiotics I had.

I avoided letting the wife see it for about 24 hrs. Got out of the shower and she walked in, it was rainbow colored from my breast bone to my groin. She recognized it........then the real pain started . She debrided the wound and chewed me out while she was doing it.

Healed fine.

Don

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    W5480.jpg

Personally, I feel that sign is racist toward Silhouette-Americans.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    scary thing is, is was a revolver, and it was the only one, not a hollowpoint
    Dear Mods,

Please delete this thread as if it ever happened.

Seems as if this member was making a hypothetical situation for a friend he may or may not know.

He decided to tell his friend everything is ok as long as he kept his mouth shut as the statute of limitations has run out as long as it wasn't murder or other heinous crime.

Of course this is just a story I wrote not knowing the person nor the situation

Top Bottom