YOUNG kids practicing Muay Thai *video*, thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I'd rather the youth learn the art of mixed martial arts at a young age than pick up their 16 year old big brothers *hot* kel tec pf9 in detroit or South Central LA and learn the art of using that in the wrong intended purpose

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It is only in recent human history that children have been viewed as something other than smaller versions of adults with fewer capabilities. Today we almost worship them as some special breed. And there's something magical about their chronological age, as if their number of days drawing breath on this earth is all that is necessary to evaluate their readiness for something, despite their history of preparation (or in most cases, lack thereof) for that something. In light of that, I am not at all shocked about the content of the video. But you're right, compared to modern Western culture, it looks downright barbaric.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you look at "Where" they are training t shows the social make up of the area or maybe the entire country. Why does this surprise anyone. Look at the ground they are on....look at the structures. These kids need to be trained to survive it appears.

My kids were training at just a bit older than these 2. They do not fight for money or sport. They do not start confrontation. I have seen both walk away from situations that I would, at the same age, have busted someone up. They are better off for having the training and knowing they stand every chance of prevailing should it come to a real fight. If they fight it is for a reason and you do not want to be on the receiving end of it.

Top Bottom