• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not so sure the NRA has our best interest at heart (actually advancing gun rights) or are just a constant fund raising machine milking this issues for every last cent. They have not been very active in Indiana in the past few years at the Statehouse and have had 3 different representatives in the last 4 years that always get involved too late in the game. They're not pushing the issues to leadership, yet sure are throttling the bushes for donations. I'm not saying they haven't been doing anything, but advancing our Hoosier gun rights sure hasn't been at the top of their agenda.
    GOA, The 2nd Amendment Foundation and NAGR have all been much more aggressive in advancing our Hoosier gu rights than what the NRA has been.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not so sure the NRA has our best interest at heart (actually advancing gun rights) or are just a constant fund raising machine milking this issues for every last cent. They have not been very active in Indiana in the past few years at the Statehouse and have had 3 different representatives in the last 4 years that always get involved too late in the game. They're not pushing the issues to leadership, yet sure are throttling the bushes for donations. I'm not saying they haven't been doing anything, but advancing our Hoosier gun rights sure hasn't been at the top of their agenda.
    GOA, The 2nd Amendment Foundation and NAGR have all been much more aggressive in advancing our Hoosier gu rights than what the NRA has been.

I tend to agree. However, my beef with the NRA isn't so much their inaction in Indiana. As a national organization I'm not surprised that they tend to focus more at a national level, but also on states with the most oppressive gun laws. In Indiana, while we complain about our legislators not getting constitutional carry done, other states are fighting universal background checks, mandatory waiting periods, micro-stamps, mandatory smart guns, AWB, etc. While I want constitutional carry, and generally the eventual elimination of gun controls, I also want those oppressive laws rigorously fought in other states. I think that helps the overall goals. And maybe that makes the NRA funding work a lot like welfare funding and expenses, where we have giver/taker states. That's just the nature of nationalizing the priorities.

When I judge the NRA, I do take that into account. The things that tend to make me reluctant to renew my membership is their proclivity for pragmatic dishonesty in fundraising. I will never buy a lifetime membership because I want them to earn my membership annually. When they FUD spam my email I'm less likely to renew.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I tend to agree. However, my beef with the NRA isn't so much their inaction in Indiana. As a national organization I'm not surprised that they tend to focus more at a national level, but also on states with the most oppressive gun laws. In Indiana, while we complain about our legislators not getting constitutional carry done, other states are fighting universal background checks, mandatory waiting periods, micro-stamps, mandatory smart guns, AWB, etc. While I want constitutional carry, and generally the eventual elimination of gun controls, I also want those oppressive laws rigorously fought in other states. I think that helps the overall goals. And maybe that makes the NRA funding work a lot like welfare funding and expenses, where we have giver/taker states. That's just the nature of nationalizing the priorities.

When I judge the NRA, I do take that into account. The things that tend to make me reluctant to renew my membership is their proclivity for pragmatic dishonesty in fundraising. I will never buy a lifetime membership because I want them to earn my membership annually. When they FUD spam my email I'm less likely to renew.

I agree with you on the National Issue parts, but as a Born and Breed Marylander I disagree with NRA spending time with downtrodden States.
    As a man that many times walked the line and gave my opinions and testimony at the Maryland State House I will tell you that very seldom did anyone from the NRA show up and walk the State House sidewalks much less send a NRA rep from MD or the Headquarters to give testimony on anti gun bills in the State House.
    That 65 mile drive was just to difficult to do.
    As a long term life member other than within the shooting sports I have never felt that the NRA has represented me at all..

And when you renew if you write " No Promo " across the top of the renewal form. You will not get pounded with excessive mail.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It has occurred to me that the only reason obama keeps going after American gun owners is because he's afraid to take on real evil that might literally hit back. He knows that the law-abiding pose no threat to him, so he can bloviate away, insult, threaten, mischaracterize, at will.

In this context his softballs against ISIS make perfect sense. He is actually afraid of offending them. And any time he accidentally orders a drone strike that kills a terrorist, he's all about 'I didn't order it', 'I only heard about it on the news'. Osama was an exception. He was running for re-election and needed a John Wayne moment in his mom jeans.

He knows that law-abiding Americans, on the other hand, will generally just gnash our teeth and wait for the next election.

100% correct. Obama is a coward and not too full of good ideas. He is afraid, like many politicians, to tackle tough issues that take more time and thought. He is typical of a career cowardly politician, who hides behind the full weight of the system. History is full of them, not only here in the US either.

If the system ever breaks down, they will run for the hills and leave the rest "holding the bag". That is what a coward does.

Top Bottom