• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Maybe one day, Yeager and Jeremy will have shirts with each other's photos on them and post their recursive oddness like Macaulay Culkin and Ryan Gosling.

Macaulay Culkin wearing a tshirt of Ryan Gosling wearing a tshirt of Macauley Culkin.

1526156_10202862731463776_4154456259381130620_n.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I remember this as well. Jeremy would often end his posts with something along the lines of

"but what do I know... I'm just a dumb mechanic"

This would usually come after some secret squirrel talk or discussion regarding a very particular set of skills he developed. Skills he acquired over a very long career. Skills that made him a nightmare for people like you. :D

He seemed to frequently post about being a mechanic. :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My Dad often claimed to have been a mechanic, barber and cook during WW2... not sure how he got his purple heart over in the South Pacific.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Took about a 100 mile ride last week. Me in front, 18 yr old son in middle (very inexperienced rider) on a Virago 750. My wife is following in the back. We took some back roads in michigan and our son went wide in a turn and cleans out the ditch and eventually lays it down. Bent front fender down on tire and the ole knee dent in gas tank. I found a stick big enough to get the fender off the tire and put a little spit and half way clean rag on his skinned elbow and we were off riding again after I straightened the mirrors out. Hut his pride more than the bike.

my wife stopped in the middle of the road because she was freaked out worrying about him. I flip around and start yelling at her to get out of the road since she was on a curve.

It all worked out and he wanted to get back on it and ride it home so kudos to our son for manning up.

He went a little too fast in the S curve that had sand on the edges of the roads from the winter.

He was and is ok and wants to ride again.

Man, I'm glad to hear that he's okay and was able to limp her home. That is a mistake he'll never make again.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    How many in the LEO community would stand for another LEO teaming up with a bunch of civilians to discredit another LEO? What would the reaction to that be? I don't know Jeremy personally and we have never met. I don't know if he is lying and don't really care. My issue with this whole thing was the "hit" that took place and who was involved. If you have an issue with a fellow veteran you don't get a bunch of civilians involved to help you with a take down and if the civilians start it you don't jump in and help. I retired as a Master Chief Petty Officer (E-9) after 26 years of active duty. Which is probably more than the cumulative amount of service of all involved in this fiasco. I know a bit about how things like this should be done. This wasn't it. A bunch of Yeager fanbois didn't like that their hero was being trashed. They ganged up to discredit the accuser. If this had all been a bunch of civilians I would have no problem. Water off a duck's back. Or if veterans did so behind the scenes, again, no problem. But there is a Brotherhood/Sisterhood and it doesn't end when we separate from service. I don't like all of the veterans I have met. But I don't publicly conspire to shame them. NCOs should know better. Of course, you guys can attack my service and call me a liar. I promise I won't leave.

I've not read your post and I'm going to try to be done with this, again. The next time it comes up, I hope people will just post a name and not just the "mods" for those with whom they have issues. I have no problem defending what I said and will stand by it. Some talk about taking the word of an "upstanding member" over others, but I guess my word is garbage in this case? You can call me a Yeager fanboi and that's perfectly fine. I'm NOT a fan of a bragging liar who needs to puff up his service and tear others down in order to seem important, and that's just where I will stand no matter how many internet buddies I lose.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Glad he's ok, also glad he's not giving up! Sooner or later your going to lay it down. My first year was full of road rash and bent mirrors. Last year I took a ride with a about 30 other bikers to a funeral in Missouri. It's a beautiful thing when you get that many bikes running down a road at 75mph at about 2 ft apart!! But it does take practice!! Your in Elkhart aren't ya?

He is OK and even called today to see if we could go for a ride. Yea I live in Elkhart. I have ridden in a couple of the MDA rides for the South Bend Region of ABATE. It is a beautiful thing to have that many bikes in a group tooling down the road. It touches my heart to see an old veteran by the road saluting the bikes as they pass by. The most that I have ridden with for a long trip was about 12 bikes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How many in the LEO community would stand for another LEO teaming up with a bunch of civilians to discredit another LEO? What would the reaction to that be? I don't know Jeremy personally and we have never met. I don't know if he is lying and don't really care. My issue with this whole thing was the "hit" that took place and who was involved. If you have an issue with a fellow veteran you don't get a bunch of civilians involved to help you with a take down and if the civilians start it you don't jump in and help. I retired as a Master Chief Petty Officer (E-9) after 26 years of active duty. Which is probably more than the cumulative amount of service of all involved in this fiasco. I know a bit about how things like this should be done. This wasn't it. A bunch of Yeager fanbois didn't like that their hero was being trashed. They ganged up to discredit the accuser. If this had all been a bunch of civilians I would have no problem. Water off a duck's back. Or if veterans did so behind the scenes, again, no problem. But there is a Brotherhood/Sisterhood and it doesn't end when we separate from service. I don't like all of the veterans I have met. But I don't publicly conspire to shame them. NCOs should know better. Of course, you guys can attack my service and call me a liar. I promise I won't leave.
    If memory serves me correctly I believe the "civilians" you speak of were referred to as the "wolfpack" If I am also remembering correctly they finally got fed up with the alleged colorful embellishments over time and set out to discredit Jeremy and I believe the Yeager dust up was the last straw which led to the public forum lynching that appeared to be sanctioned with the approval of some members of the INGO staff.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've not read your post and I'm going to try to be done with this, again. The next time it comes up, I hope people will just post a name and not just the "mods" for those with whom they have issues. I have no problem defending what I said and will stand by it. Some talk about taking the word of an "upstanding member" over others, but I guess my word is garbage in this case? You can call me a Yeager fanboi and that's perfectly fine. I'm NOT a fan of a bragging liar who needs to puff up his service and tear others down in order to seem important, and that's just where I will stand no matter how many internet buddies I lose.

There you go again. A few days ago you had regret and talked of wanting to send a care package. Now you're back to bashing someone and calling them names. Stay classy Que.

Top Bottom