• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparEric

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    SE Indiana,Aurora
    OK I'm thinking about getting one, or something similar to it. I noticed that they are soon to have a 40 cal XDM also. Can you guys help me make up my mind. 9mm or wait for the 40, different brand or ? I did like the way the xdm felt in my hand.
    Thanks for any help.
    Eric

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're looking at the 3.8 for concealability... You can do better. They didn't reduce the grip which is the part of the firearm that's most difficult to conceal.

As far as having a good firearm... They're just as good as most!

No real experience with the XD platform for me, though.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    OK I'm thinking about getting one, or something similar to it. I noticed that they are soon to have a 40 cal XDM also. Can you guys help me make up my mind. 9mm or wait for the 40, different brand or ? I did like the way the xdm felt in my hand.
    Thanks for any help.
    Eric

If you like the XD Line, try a compact XD45c.. Easy to conceal and holds a total of 11 rounds(which includes one in the pipe). I carry one and love it.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for any help.
    Eric

do you plan on this being your regular carry gun? do you have much experience with handguns? there is nothing wrong with the xd, many people like them. just a little more info may help get some more responses.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I like 9mm over .40 but thats me. I would say shoot both and see which you like better, handle the gun see what you think, do some research. If you like it go for it. basically I'm saying do your research and everything but make up your own mind. XDM's are nice. good luck.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been looking at a XDM myself, I would get a 9mm because of the cost of ammo. I had XD's in the past (service, subcompact, tactical .45) but its been a while and I did had rust problems with all of them, while the XDM is nicer in many ways they seem kind of pricey (to me) are they worth getting over G17 or the M&P? and if so why?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I been looking at a XDM myself, I would get a 9mm because of the cost of ammo. I had XD's in the past (service, subcompact, tactical .45) but its been a while and I did had rust problems with all of them, while the XDM is nicer in many ways they seem kind of pricey (to me) are they worth getting over G17 or the M&P? and if so why?

i think it is just personal choice. i dont really want to call one of them better than the other, but for me personally i do not like the m&p triggers and i do not like the feel of the xdm in my hand. i am a glock lover but everyone is different and i think they are all great guns and between the three can pretty much cover every different persons needs as far as the polymer semiautos go. just my :twocents:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

You had rust problems with your Xd's? Did you store them in salt water?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    To me the 3.8 was designed for those who like the service length Xd's, but want an XDm. I think the XDm is a tad big for carry personaly. The XDm's are a great platform. 9mm's are a tad cheaper to shoot, but .40 has been more readily available at the local shops. The other advatage of the 9mm is less recoil, and higher capacity. So that's basicly what I think is the determining factors.

MoparEric

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    SE Indiana,Aurora
    Hey, Thanks for the replies, keep'em going. I am not new to handguns, had a gen 1 glock 19, and like a dumba** sold it a long time ago. collected several other guns since then. currently carry either a S&W 39- 9mm or my S&W 4046. owning my own business left me with little time and money to spend on guns, so know i'm in a little better position to buy some new stuff. ultra concealability is not a big concern, but I dont want a huge gun sticking out of my coat or shirt.
    Thanks Again

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    i had a 2 tone xdm 9 in the regular length. it was an AWESOME shooter. it just wasnt concealable with the grip. if that isnt an issue....you will love it and i think its an excellent choice. dont know about the 3.8 but im sure its just as sweet. if they make a "convertable" grip like the 45 compact ill be getting one. i was as accurate with it as my kimber target

Top Bottom