• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I put about 150 rounds of WWB through my XD9 yesterday at Blythe's. It shoots so far left. I tried using more trigger finger and it still shoots left. Maybe some Trijicons will fix it :D

The shots to the far left are me aiming at dead center. This was about 9yds.

2010-11-24_09-47-06_271.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Generally its a good idea to hand it off to a buddy or 5, if they ALL shoot left, adjust the sights.

I doubt expensive night sights would make any difference, can you not drive the stock sights?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Try shooting it off a rest and have someone else shoot it before you drift the sights.
    It may be that you just need to get used to the trigger. Shooting left sometimes means that you are torquing the gun a little as you break the shot.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just about everything I shoot shoots left...

It's just the way my grip, stance, eyeballs, glasses, and sights all come together.

-J-

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you want new sights I say go for it. I would still shoot it off of a rest to see check the POI. For example, I shoot my FNP dead on but my 92FS I shoot left. Sometimes it takes time to get used to a new gun. Do to different trigger pull etc.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you want new sights I say go for it. I would still shoot it off of a rest to see check the POI. For example, I shoot my FNP dead on but my 92FS I shoot left. Sometimes it takes time to get used to a new gun. Do to different trigger pull etc.

I shoot all my S&W 3rd gens dead center, but low.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Newbomb, have you had your xd for awhile now and it just started doing this? Or is it a new pistol?

I have a CZ P07 that started doing this.

My other pistols (CZ75, Witness, G19) shoot straight as usual. I handed the P07 off to the RO and same thing = way left.

So I drifted the rear sight to near max right and it shoots PoA (at close range anyways). But it's going to bug me until I figure out why it was fine when brand new, now it needs the sights adjusted.

What might have caused this? I wonder if I damaged the crown of the barrel while cleaning it (although I've always known that I had to be careful). It's never been dropped. I just don't like that it will have a different feel than the other pistols when I bring it up to the target.

It will point different and that's not good. Doubtful that it will be covered under warranty.

Does anyone know how this 'change' might have come about?

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    This was my first time shooting in a well lit range, where I could see where each round was placed, but it has done this since new. I have about 800 rounds in it now.

Top Bottom