• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I figured I'd try here before I take it to a shop. My X95 bolt will not unlock. Searched here and on the interwebs for solutions, but can't find any. I have the thing as far apart as I can get it, but still no luck. Even have the barrel unlocked, but can't get anything to move. I can pull the bolt carrier out a little from the rear, but it appears to be pulling itself apart when I do that. No round in the chamber, but no moving the cocking handle either. It's just stuck.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If it was mine, I would shoot a load of Kroil or gun oil in it and after a few minutes,
    I would mortar it like my life depends on it. And do it again until the bolt slides back.
    But that's me.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    That's weird OP. Never heard of one doing that. Never had that issue with mine. You got me

ETA: When was the last time you shot it? Did you field strip afterwards then put it back together and now this?
    Maybe somehow the gas piston is bound up

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    No
    I figured I'd try here before I take it to a shop. My X95 bolt will not unlock. Searched here and on the interwebs for solutions, but can't find any. I have the thing as far apart as I can get it, but still no luck. Even have the barrel unlocked, but can't get anything to move. I can pull the bolt carrier out a little from the rear, but it appears to be pulling itself apart when I do that. No round in the chamber, but no moving the cocking handle either. It's just stuck.
    I wondered why i never heard about what was wrong with it. Sounds to be a terrible fight figuring it out. Wish I was closer..I'm pretty good at figuring things out.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I’ll see if I can replicate with mine in the morning and report back. I recall seeing something similar but don’t remember the exact circumstances.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I suspect your trigger pack is not charged and it’s catching the bolt.

Try charging the gun, set to safe, then see if that works.

bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    Some things to try:

Check the small bolt/nut combinations that attach the brass deflector and gas shield to the body. If one or multiple of these have become loose it can impede the BCG.

Another possibility is the roll pin that attaches the piston to the BCG. If that roll pin doesn't sit below flush it can occasionally bind in the gas cylinder.

Those are the most obvious problem areas without digging too far back in the memory banks. If those suggestions don't work, I can reach out to friends who still work there (IWI) and get some additional support sent your way!

Top Bottom