• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Well, interesting request here--

I just picked up a nice Intratec Tec 9 from another member and it has a cracked frame (it's okay, I knew that when purchasing) so I am beginning my search for an Intratec Tec 9 receiver. This is the plastic resin piece of the gun. If anyone has got one, knows of someone, or sees one anywhere, send one my way, please!! Thanks a ton!

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hey thanks for the tip! Do you have any personal experience (or know anyone) who has used JB for 'gluing' back together a cracked plastic receiver on a firearm? Can it withstand the blunt force of ever shot? For the price though, I'll have to consider giving it a shot and see how it looks... :yesway:

No personal use (on a polymer frame) but if I were in your shoes, I would give it a try and just keep an eye on it. I'd drill a tiny hole at each end of the crack depending on how the crack runs (to stop it from continuing to spread). Then I'd rough-up the area around the crack (inside & out) and put a coat on both sides. What do you have to loose? :dunno:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    No personal use (on a polymer frame) but if I were in your shoes, I would give it a try and just keep an eye on it. I'd drill a tiny hole at each end of the crack depending on how the crack runs (to stop it from continuing to spread). Then I'd rough-up the area around the crack (inside & out) and put a coat on both sides. What do you have to loose? :dunno:
    :cheers:

True true... I'm going to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it turns out. For everyone else though... still looking for a receiver!! :yesway:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have one that I might get rid of depending on the currency one is willing to spend :D

The one I have is missing the bolt and striker and some misc. parts.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I would look up plastic repairs for JB weld. its GREAT stuff, but it wont just stick the plastic together. You need to have a way to get it to hold both sides together, which usually means drilling a series of small holes around the crack, then pushing the JB weld through the holes and applying JB weld across both sides of the crack. This ties everything together very well.

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Update::
    Called a company that specializes in Tec-9 repairs-- apparently due to the 20 year old plastic and the fact that its non-porous, etc, nothing will work to repair short of drilling it and using a weld bar... SO, looks like I am picking up Cwood's receiver!! Thanks all for the help--

Top Bottom