• ...and so much more!
  • Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    Not a victim

I do not consider myself a victim, merely an innocent bystander. I honestly believe the perp has mistaken me for somebody else.
    Like a previous post states.... the best shot was the one I never took.
    On a previous incident I had the suspect in view, in range, and on camcorder but decided to NOT shoot someone over 8 or 9 rolls of toilet paper in my trees, on my car and house, and profanity spray painted on my windows.
    May be my best shot to date, but I wonder at times. Thus the original post. "What would you do?"

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Put up no trespassing signs to cover you from lawsuits, and set some sort of trap. My suggestion would be something that gives him a good shock...but whatever you decide to do be sure to post the video...I need a good laugh.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    If you need any ideas Google trespasser gets painted (it won't let me post the link here from my phone). It's a land mine filled with paint, I'm sure he wouldn't be back after that.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Going by video footage in original post this looks like one of the Huntington County Coons (Floyd Coon) - Floyd Coon works at Huntington Applebee's and apparently does not wash hands after a visit to bathroom (flouting company policy). Not certain on that ID, but a cheap DNA test will confirm or otherwise.

Getaway car looks like a silver or white Chevy Camero or Monte Carlo

Date on security video indicates that it is 6 or 7 weeks since this incident occurred. If police have not made an arrest yet then the theory that he is a confidential informant may be correct - he is of the age group and employment group that LE like to have in that capacity. He's possibly getting a free ride on this one for services rendered. This is a criminal offence under Indiana Code and, at a minimum, the victim has the right to have perp tested for communicable diseases such as HIV, hepatitis etc.

A suitable punishment might be to have perp fitted with a chastity belt for 6 months, then he would need to go to local police station to have it removed for each bathroom break.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Take that footage and his info to the local TV station and claim the police won't do anything and then I think you'll have some spectacular results.

If I caught the guy I would be dealing out a serious a55 whipping while wearing some really good ppe and then force feed him his own excrement.(I'm kind of a sick F_%÷=!)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Take that footage and his info to the local TV station and claim the police won't do anything and then I think you'll have some spectacular results.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This right here.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    pays to have friends in the right places, then you can empty your bowels wherever you want without fear of prosecution

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just because the police aren't working on your timeline doesn't mean they're not working on it.

Takes time to build a case / investigate. And MONTHS for a DNA test to be run. And they're expensive. I'd almost bet that your local agency probably wouldn't submit a DNA sample to the state lab just on cost alone. Let's face it - this isn't a murder case or a rape.

Nothing stopping you from finding your own lab for analysis, though.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just because the police aren't working on your timeline doesn't mean they're not working on it.

Takes time to build a case / investigate. And MONTHS for a DNA test to be run. And they're expensive. I'd almost bet that your local agency probably wouldn't submit a DNA sample to the state lab just on cost alone. Let's face it - this isn't a murder case or a rape.

Nothing stopping you from finding your own lab for analysis, though.

You just said how expensive a DNA test, then suggest that the victim of a crime foot the bill for one himself?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    He's not operating under a LEA budget.

He's free to spend his own money on one should he choose.

I don't think you're getting the point that it's ridiculous that the victim of a crime should be expected to personally pay to conduct a test that will cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
    ...not to mention that he can do the DNA test, but without access to any kind of database (something that a LEA would likely have) of DNA, the results would be worthless.
    Worse still, it's almost a dead certainty that said LEA would be unable to initiate an arrest with evidence not collected by themselves or another LEA.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Already been to one tv station who checked with Law Enforcement and declined to proceed.

TV stations and other news media know where there next big story may come from - the police and DA. They will do what they are told and your interests, or those of the public, will take a back seat.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    DNA testing costs only a few hundred $ nowadays. People do it all the time for paternity.

The police are able to collect a sample from suspect for analysis. OP does not have that ability, so he'd have to acquire it from police. They would be unlikely to give evidence to a party in a case. Perhaps LE could administer it and he could pay for it.

I read a news article somewhere that in Europe they routinely do DNA testing to identify who's dog crapped on who's lawn. Can't be too expensive.

Couple of jolts from a Taser may secure a confession, and will cost a lot less.

Another option would be to have the perp pay for the test as part of restitution, should it prove that he did it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Update.......
    Law Enforcement is being less than aggressive in their investigation. I may need to consider the idea that the perp is a confidential informant for some agency. That would explain the lack of enthusiasm in investigating.
    At least I have his name, DNA sample, place of employment , description of his girlfriend and her car, and a 4 minute video.
    Also added a fourth layer of surveillance .
    I plan on allowing Law Enforcement a little more time before I get upset or impatient.

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you come by all the information above? From running the plates of the getaway car? Just curious...it would seem that if this is true, LE would have some actionable information to at least make some preliminary investigative moves, and perhaps put a good scare into the guy. And if his girlfriend is complicit, it adds another layer of vulnerability to his position.

If you really know all this, and both LE and TV station are still backing off, it makes me suspect whether they're about to tap him on a drug charge of some kind, and don't want to mess up their "Big Score" with a crappy little trespassing violation?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom