• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    You still have to be a proper person. All that means is that you are not disqualified from owning guns/ammo in Indiana or Federally. Basically, you have to pass the background check the ISP does when you send everything to Indy.

It was something more than that.. I had to have documentation that I was a real person.. I think I used a Util. bill & bank statement..

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    It was something more than that.. I had to have documentation that I was a real person.. I think I used a Util. bill & bank statement..

Well sure. You could be tricking them about how real you are by walking in, talking to them and filling out the paper work. Requiring some sort of bill makes perfect sense. :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Well sure. You could be tricking them about how real you are by walking in, talking to them and filling out the paper work. Requiring some sort of bill makes perfect sense. :D

.. and give a hand print...

THat was probably carry over from real old methods.. Life before computers.. not everyone had a Drivers Lic. with a Photo on it..
    So the rules had to have you prove your identity..

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I skipped page two but you need to remember that for a little more money Indiana offers a life permit and you don't have to remember to renew any more. It is well worth the extra money.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You would need a deer stamp regardless. You would only need an LTCH if you were hunting deer WITH A HANDGUN. This would not be required for rifle/carbine, shotgun, or muzzleloader.

The thing to remember is that the hunting/target LTCH is not a hunting license. It's a license to carry a handgun for those activities. You still need the appropriate licenses for hunting (general license for squirrels, rabbits, fox, coyote, what have you, firearm deer license for deer, bonus antlerless license for, well, antlerless deer (read does), etc.).

Indiana's hunting regulations and license structure are not the simplest in the world.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The thing to remember is that the hunting/target LTCH is not a hunting license. It's a license to carry a handgun for those activities. You still need the appropriate licenses for hunting (general license for squirrels, rabbits, fox, coyote, what have you, firearm deer license for deer, bonus antlerless license for, well, antlerless deer (read does), etc.).

Indiana's hunting regulations and license structure are not the simplest in the world.

Yes, this is why I said you would need a deer stamp (should have said tag) regardless.

Top Bottom