• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I don't have it in my hands yet but I just purchased it on gunbroker for a pretty good price. Will be my first .40 and first CZ. Can't wait for it to get here.:D

picture.php

picture.php

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's a sickness. CZitis... Next thing you know you start looking at rimfire rifles and you can't get your hands on enough, then you'll hear the siren call of the CZ 712 shotgun. Maybe that's just me.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    It's a sickness. CZitis... Next thing you know you start looking at rimfire rifles and you can't get your hands on enough, then you'll hear the siren call of the CZ 712 shotgun. Maybe that's just me.

Not just you.
    Those are the early stages. It gets worse, then you start looking for VZ58s.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    What is the difference between this Compact in 40S&W and a P06? Same designation?

It is the P-06 with an import designation. I was told by the guys at TopGunSupply when I ordered my CZ 75 D Compact (P-01) in 9mm last year that due to demand for the P-01/P-06, CZ imported extra, however they were required to have the 75 Compact designation.

-Note his 40 has the manual safety of the 75 Compact, but the slide and rail found on the P-01/06

- What might be unclear is if it is the light alloy listed for the CZ P-06, rather than the steel of the 75 Compact

Regardless, it is going to be a fantastic firearm he'll enjoy shooting for a long time. I absolutely love my 75 D Compact. I haven't purchased a 40 yet, but it is on the top of my list when I do.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    It is the P-06 with an import designation. I was told by the guys at TopGunSupply when I ordered my CZ 75 D Compact (P-01) in 9mm last year that due to demand for the P-01/P-06, CZ imported extra, however they were required to have the 75 Compact designation.

-Note his 40 has the manual safety of the 75 Compact, but the slide and rail found on the P-01/06

- What might be unclear is if it is the light alloy listed for the CZ P-06, rather than the steel of the 75 Compact

Regardless, it is going to be a fantastic firearm he'll enjoy shooting for a long time. I absolutely love my 75 D Compact. I haven't purchased a 40 yet, but it is on the top of my list when I do.

From the description:

10 + 1 Round 40 Smith & Wesson Single/Double Action Compact w/Blue Finish The CZ-75B features the short recoil, tilt barrel with radial locking lugs. The characteristic features of all versions are the following, double column magazine, all steel, dual action, fixed sights, and slide stays open after last cartridge has been fired. SPECIFICATIONS: Mfg Item: 01197 Category: FIREARMS - HANDGUNS Type :Pistol Action :Single / Double Caliber :40 Smith & Wesson Barrel Length :3.9" Capacity :10 + 1 Safety :Color Coded Lever Grips :Black Synthetic Sights :Fixed Weight :2.0 lbs Finish :Black

I prefer the steel so everything about this one met my qualifications, carry cocked and locked, full beaver tail, frame safety, and .40. Can't wait to have it here.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

I just picked up a Mosin also so I can't afford to get too many itis's going right now but at least I have two awesome guns to break in now.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    From the description:

10 + 1 Round 40 Smith & Wesson Single/Double Action Compact w/Blue Finish The CZ-75B features the short recoil, tilt barrel with radial locking lugs. The characteristic features of all versions are the following, double column magazine, all steel, dual action, fixed sights, and slide stays open after last cartridge has been fired. SPECIFICATIONS: Mfg Item: 01197 Category: FIREARMS - HANDGUNS Type :Pistol Action :Single / Double Caliber :40 Smith & Wesson Barrel Length :3.9" Capacity :10 + 1 Safety :Color Coded Lever Grips :Black Synthetic Sights :Fixed Weight :2.0 lbs Finish :Black

I prefer the steel so everything about this one met my qualifications, carry cocked and locked, full beaver tail, frame safety, and .40. Can't wait to have it here.

You are gonna love it. Would be curious someday this spring/summer to have an Indy CZ-owners meet-up at a range to try some other models and calibers.

Enjoy!

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Anyone have a retention holster suggestion. I like my Serpa Blackhawk and they do not sell one for it. I have seen that some Sig holsters work. I really dont know how a pistol this popular doesn't have a Serpa Holster yet.

Top Bottom