• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Not technically a gun...... really close...I never seem to take the camera when JrSmitty and I go to the range!!
    IM000587_0005_005.jpg

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    This is my youngest with her new pink cricket .22. She just got the cricket on her 5th birthday (last week) because she wanted her own gun to shoot at the range... She was tired of shooting her mother's pink Walther P22. (also in the picture) What can i say... My wife and daughter really like pink.

I think this may be how Annie Oakley started... My little girl does hit what she aims at.
    mayacricketye0.jpg

The Bersa Thunder 380 in the picture was being broken in for my other daughter's 18th birthday, later this month. (50 confidence rounds)

P.S. Part of the gun safety protocols used in our house is that we do not allow any toy guns or BB guns. This is to eliminate any confusion between play things and "deadly real" things. There is no amount of "gun play" that will prepare a kid for firearms.
    Personally I would not worry about training with toy guns. I am an old timer, every kid over 5 that I knew during my childhood had "Cowboy" pistols, several had "Cork guns" and by the age of 12 or 13 all had pellet or BB guns. Almost every home I was in during the 1940's and 50's had at least a shotgun exposed and most had a rifle - often hanging near a door with ammo (for critters that ate the chickens or other stock). I can't recall of ONE incident where there was any injury. All children of my era respected guns - most were hunting solo by age 14 - 16. My generation (and my fathers) were taught the difference between "play" and "real" guns. IMHO there is no difference between that and buying them a toy riding vehicle - they "know" not to start your car!

Top Bottom